Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

No, Ygg, my friend, running away is not a solution, you need to fight for what you believe in. Yes, even if it means stepping over corpses of perfectly innocent legacy items, the tool bears none of the guilt of its wielder but we will not give up!

Moving, eh? Truth is, the battle was lost the moment we allowed them to create the first legacy item, and it was Silverbranch, innocent enough, right? A real easy first bite to swallow, if only we knew...

Well, I said it then too, if you turn this piece of crap into a legacy item you will be forced to do it until the server shuts down, and every time you do it to something major you will have to wait until the could of stink disperses before you can feel good visiting the forum again.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
I have to hand it to the devs if they can read some of these comments and not succumb to the urge to punch their screen.
It has been a while since I last read this amount of salt/tears/whatever you wish to call it over balance changes and legacies, and it isn't even from a large group of players...

I have the feeling that nothing can get post anymore without it being hit by a tidal wave of bitching.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Z_K_R wrote:
"
Langhun wrote:

Fair enough.
I would like to play one game. When I use legacy item I feel like I am not legit player because my character performance was affected by "unexisting item". When I tried to pretend that legacy don't exist I realized it affects economy, PvP and public party play anyway. I simply prefer "legit game". As I am tolerant with many legacy uniques I completely disagree with legacies produced by change of game mechanics. For example block nerf across the board. If this suppost to be only necessary evil to mitigate hate rage then it's not in my opinion healthy for the game itself.

i've met now multiple posts of yours about the legacy items, now listen to this:

Mjölner used to be very hard to get for example, people who wanted it had to farm long months to get it, now you can farm a Mjölner together in 3 days lol, so should the legacy Mjölner owner's long months of work be destroyed just cause a guy who worked 3 days for a Mjölner doesn't like the fact the legacy one is better????? And you know, on the market they're still selling legacy Mjölners, but wait, the new player doesn't want to farm long months for it like the legacy owner did, just destroy the legacy owner's work and item....... is that a joke?????

Mjölner price drop has definitely something to do with increased drop rate of uniques T1. Not so much with nerf.

Anyway you are talking about what is better for you. I am talking about what I believe is better for game. Legacies will disappear soon or later. I am worring about adding new ones. Legacy surgeon's flasks? Like really?..
SRS nerf is justified, yet left me with some unsure feelings. Many ignore that SRS build is one of the most fragile character without any real defense option (no block, no evasion, no high armor, no sustain besides potions). Zombie/Spectres as meat shield for SRS is really sub-par, as without any minion life/res node, they blow up like papers in high maps. Unlike Totem builds (which also has little defensive option), SRS needs to stand still and continuously casting more often. The crazy damage (mostly absurd single-target damage) kinda makes up for the frail of the character (a.k.a kill before getting killed). The overall damage in 2.1 might stay almost the same, but there are still some problem:

- It makes a squishy build even weaker in defense: even with higher base cast speed/ duration, you might still have to stand still more to keep the spirits number up.

- It puts heavier burden in mana/mana regen: hopefully the increase mana gained per level of the character can balance this issue.

- It does not have good synergy with what shown in the Necromancer sub-class: Necromancer has many great nodes that increase cast speed tremendously. With 2.1, it is easier to reach capped 50 spirits (with just basic tree cast speed and jewels alone), making more cast speed becomes redundant.

1 thing surprises me is GGG left Discharge intact. No, CoC is not OP (hell, try other spells and come back crying how much damage you lost). Even Mjolner is not. It is discharge and it's synergy with Voll's Devotion that is so OP in damage (also in the PC frying department)
Last edited by Taxi_Driver on Dec 8, 2015, 6:32:09 PM
What about fireball. Will fireball get any changes? will it get stronger? Will it ever come back as a strong end game skill like when shotgun was available. I want fireball back as a strong endgame skill. boost the base cast speed or damage or area damage up a lot. It is horrible set up with ci and maybe the new leech changes will help it, but really it sucks now after shotgunning is gone. Please bring back my old favorite skill, bc after that i had to do flametotem and even tho i made a awesome build and took forever gearing it. I miss fireball and the worse part is. it wasnt even that overpowered or great even before the change to shotgun. It was mediocre at best. I even can get upto 40k dualing voids and having max charges with lmp it is only good in packs. only way to get powercharges up from being in packs otherwise 1 fireball is just garbage especially if it misses, because you are to far away and the monsters move away from it. Even the blast radius isnt that great with it.

Please make fireball skill fun and great to use at end game. I know it is a skill early game, but really it needs to be changed for late game.
rawrawr
"
raics wrote:
No, Ygg, my friend, running away is not a solution, you need to fight for what you believe in. Yes, even if it means stepping over corpses of perfectly innocent legacy items, the tool bears none of the guilt of its wielder but we will not give up!

A little prayer for all these innocent victims legacy items and their disconsolate mothers.

The words had blurred their vision
They collapsed onto the floor,
The little items with the bloody names
Were now martyrs of war.

This mother's hair turned grey that night
She had no will to live,
She’d given God her flesh and blood
She had no more to give.

Millions of mothers around the world
Have made this sacrifice,
For the sake of utopian balance
They’ve paid the ultimate price.

How many more do we have to lose?
As GGG designers play these game,
How many more items must sit and wait
For that bullet with their name ?
"
Phish wrote:
What about fireball. Will fireball get any changes? will it get stronger? Will it ever come back as a strong end game skill like when shotgun was available. I want fireball back as a strong endgame skill. boost the base cast speed or damage or area damage up a lot. It is horrible set up with ci and maybe the new leech changes will help it, but really it sucks now after shotgunning is gone. Please bring back my old favorite skill, bc after that i had to do flametotem and even tho i made a awesome build and took forever gearing it. I miss fireball and the worse part is. it wasnt even that overpowered or great even before the change to shotgun. It was mediocre at best. I even can get upto 40k dualing voids and having max charges with lmp it is only good in packs. only way to get powercharges up from being in packs otherwise 1 fireball is just garbage especially if it misses, because you are to far away and the monsters move away from it. Even the blast radius isnt that great with it.

Please make fireball skill fun and great to use at end game. I know it is a skill early game, but really it needs to be changed for late game.

All spells are getting 20% more dmg, fireball likely even more because it is terrible.

Fireball witch was my first build and what a spectacular fail it was. Could not even smoothly clear 66 maps at the time,
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Phish wrote:
Spoiler

All spells are getting 20% more dmg, fireball likely even more because it is terrible.

Fireball witch was my first build and what a spectacular fail it was. Could not even smoothly clear 66 maps at the time,

Not to forget about the Fireball threshold jewel:
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
I have another fix for you.

If really you despised legacy items so much, just don't play standard anymore. Have fun in temporary leagues. You'll find the more up-to-date balanced gameplay and a healthy economy (at the beginning of the league at least).

Yes have fun re-rolling your char every 1-3 months just to throw your invested time away at the end of league and start over...

So much fun
"
I have to hand it to the devs if they can read some of these comments and not succumb to the urge to punch their screen.
It has been a while since I last read this amount of salt/tears/whatever you wish to call it over balance changes and legacies, and it isn't even from a large group of players...

Lol thats funny you think the devs actually read and care about what the average poe player thinks. jokes bro jokes. I would love to see a pm in my inbox acknowledging that a dev actually read something i wrote regardless of whether he even considered any of it. Maybe if i add my checking and routing number?
Last edited by olivertwizted on Dec 8, 2015, 8:31:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info