So... watching Kripp and his friends faceroll end-game content... shouldn't that be more difficult?

Just because someone else beats the game easily doesn't mean it's easy - or rather, that someone else beats a game doesn't (read: shouldn't) impact your game experience.

I say this because back when I played WoW, there was always a huge outcry from some of my friends and acquaintances when the new content of a patch or an expansion was "beaten". Strangely, none of them came close to beating the new content within a week or two. Or ever.

Anyway. That's a rant. The answer is "no". The content needs to be decently easy-ish (that's an exact term) for the absolute best for the next runners up, the casual hardcores or whatever you want to call them, to have a shot at all. If Kripp and his team -- or whatever they are, I haven't watched many streams -- can't beat the content regularly, others won't stand a chance. At least, I don't understand how anyone would pull off such a feat of balancing.

That all said, partying seems to be disproportionally easy, and I am happier the harder something is, which is actually one of my reasons for soloing.
This further illustrates the issue with snowballing loot drops for the "top 1%". Not only do they have isolated access to enemies that drop the best loot, they also have the best gear to kill them faster. They have higher magic find which nets even more gear, etc, etc.

Loot drops are weighted too heavily towards the top end player and it just serves to create a greater and greater divide in player power that drestroys the game in many ways. Balance becomes focused on such a small % of the player base that design time doesn't improve the game for the vast majority of players.
Most of the people that play with krip have died...
Even Krip himself while being number 1 on the ladder died.
How is the game too easy?
"
mushioov wrote:
Well he isn't "stupid" if that's what you think I meant.
Yes he knows how to theorycraft and yes he knows how to min-max, but so does 20% of PoE players.
The thing what he has what others are lacking is _time_. He can play 24/7, we others can't.

I'd say that too, I can only play like 3 hours a day on the middle of the week and I think I'm doing well on act2 merciless in one of my 8 characters, all of them at least on cruel. Off course I have still a lot to learn, like a read about the game mechanics at work when I can, but at some point I'll reach the end of merciless difficult.
"
Metalhead980 wrote:
Most of the people that play with krip have died...
Even Krip himself while being number 1 on the ladder died.
How is the game too easy?

its hard if you solo.

Its stupidly easy if you have a group of 6....period...
"
bhavv wrote:

If you spent that time actually playing the game instead of watching other people play, you would be able to figure everything out yourself.

I run dual monitors and listen to their banter/theorycrafting while playing my HC char. I bet a lot of people listen more than they actually watch.

Only time I look over at his stream is when I hear him either say, "Oh my God... Oh... my God" or "Oh shit... oh shit oh shit oh shit!"
PoE is really hard when You solo. I had to leave maps few times because i was getting stomped and that was map lvl 70.

I think they should make partying at least a little bit harder because atm difference between solo and full party is enormous.
IGN:Vraarz
"
aplsin wrote:
"
Heinzman57 wrote:
Not trying to act jealous. But does Kripp live in his grandmothers basement or something. I mean how does one simply play video games for 20 hours a day? Dont you need a job and money to live in todays society?

20 hours? Are you crazy? Even gamers need to sleep. He plays for about 12 hours a day and he earns enough money from his stream and youtube videos to make a living.

LOL!! Enough to make a living??
Only time i saw him, in some d3 video, he had his PARENTS come out and YELL at him that something needed to be done. He answered "I'm busy" , fucking LOL
This nolife guy lives with his parents and leeches them off while playing videogames and being like 30 year old.

Yeah call that a living, SPENDING 12 HOURS A DAY in front of the computer, mind you thats 50% more than an office job, still live with your parents at that age, and spend it playing video games.

I play a shitload, like 4 hours every night during week after work, but i can do something else if it comes up, gaming is the safe-place-to-fall if nothing comes up. He can't because he's streaming for whatever money he gets off it.

Stop idolizing a failure of a man. Might be a great theorycrafter and all you want, but i dont call that "making a living".
"
Pinchyskree wrote:
A: Make gaming your job.
B: Find an overpowered build.
C: Exploit it.

The dumbass of the year 2013 award goes to.....Pinchyskree!!! *claps*

Yea because his build is definitely overpowered. It's not like he thought about his build for a couple of days and how he wanted it to be structured. No...no, it's not like he invested his currency in totally great gear to make it work. Psh..no.
Has nothing to do with skill in game like this.

He is one of the few that will dedicate 10-12 hours a day everyday for months upon months to time invested, 18-24 hours when game 1st released.

Game of skill would be more like SC2 or LoL - games I doubt kripp would even come close to the pro scene even after playing 10 hours a day for months.

But ya he is at the top in games like this or D3 because nobody else is crazy enough to spend so much time playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info