So... watching Kripp and his friends faceroll end-game content... shouldn't that be more difficult?

"
lobe44 wrote:

And because of that information now nobody will ever die from that again...

I think you are giving 2013 video gamers a little too much credit.
"
"
incugus wrote:

I assure you the way his father (i believe) talked to him in that video i saw , he was yelling to him about something like " you need to go do X ", asking him to do something to which he repleid he was "busy" streaming.

I'm pretty sure that guy ain't like the DOTA2/SC PRO players and Streamers, now THAT is success. A competitive game, based on player skill against player skill. Huge tournaments with money prizes, an E-SPORT community and scene.

You can't compare some guy out in his room streaming to those guys, that have a set, have merchandise, have employees!! for god sake, are you seriously comparing that? LOL.

Yeah krip is a PRO POE player, and he is probably making thousands per day on his POE stream /sarcasm.

the point hes trying to make is that it doesnt matter how much you make

hes doing what he loves to do and you have no place judging him as being less successful than anyone else, you cant define success because its doing what you love to do

and hes not talking about the pro players hes talking about the casters, they had to make their own reputation from the start in order to get to the point where they make money off of it, they all invest a huge amount of time to get the payoff they desire

those casters dont have "teams of employees" under them, they had to make their fanbase themselves from the ground up which requires a much larger amount of work than i bet you think

i dont go around slapping what you do down saying you arent successful because its in the eye of the beholder

Was gonna reply myself but this pretty much sums it up.
Facerolling? l0l0l0l i was watching the stream and saw kripp and 3 others dropping below 20% hp in a 2 sec so... once he had to logout cause would die of puncture, so .. yeah they not even doing high level maps, yet

btw kripp and few others in his group already died on hc, while for example i did not. Scrubbs
;P
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Last edited by IVIetal on Feb 15, 2013, 1:57:45 PM
"
bhavv wrote:
The worst thing about this whole 'gaming celebrity' thing is that other people actually pay to watch these people play.

If you spent that time actually playing the game instead of watching other people play, you would be able to figure everything out yourself.

I've always said the same thing..., but about football, baseball and golf.
Or snooker. And chess.
--== Enjoying the game ==--
"
bhavv wrote:
The worst thing about this whole 'gaming celebrity' thing is that other people actually pay to watch these people play.

If you spent that time actually playing the game instead of watching other people play, you would be able to figure everything out yourself.

While that is true in some cases it definitely is not in all.

Watching "gaming celebs" play games like DotA or SC gives you a wealth of information beyond what you could figure out yourself, or you could but it may take years of casual play.

However I do agree in cases like this, I would just play the game.
Its funny how for many people, its hard to even admit that someone else is a top player or skilled player, in a short version, better than them.
Funny to read shit like :" Kripp isnt skilled and also not top player. He is just efficient."
Hahaha fucking idiots:)
"
Twiiik wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

I've always said the same thing..., but about football, baseball and golf.
Or snooker. And chess.

The difference is that what you mention (football baseball etc.) is a sport and have a competition, which I find more exciting. I kinda understand paying to see those (I pay to watch SC2 tournaments, like GSL myself)

But paying to see someone grinding gear? I would use this money to support GGG and the time to actually play the game, as mentioned :)
"Live by the sword, live a good, LONG time"
who pays to watch people play video games? I could think of a million better thing to waste your money on. How about you just play the game yourself.
I have always loved the term "pro" when talking about video gamers. It is a video game there is NOTHING pro about it.
I click mouse fast ....lmao
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
"
tat0010 wrote:
who pays to watch people play video games? I could think of a million better thing to waste your money on. How about you just play the game yourself.
I have always loved the term "pro" when talking about video gamers. It is a video game there is NOTHING pro about it.
I click mouse fast ....lmao

You're welcome to put your hand-eye coordination skills to the test and join one of the top 50 world Warcraft guilds if you'd like.

Surely a thing like clicking hotkeys can't possibly separate good players from bad players, right?
"
Janimarkus wrote:
"
I know those guys aren't noobs by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems like it's just too easy for them. None of them get below 80% health at any point and it looks super boring.

It's not easy, they know what kind of maps to roll, they have top notch gear and skill. Have you seen how fast Kripp levels even. It's ridonk how he blows through content.

Also, earlier today they had some difficult mobs that almost killed couple of the people, even Kripp had to take a break from the fight.

Their group synergy is amazing, you see all of them auras they have and they curse the mobs all the time. It's not easy for 95% of us.

I don't see how any of this is skill really, they are aura stacking and facerolling content with single super pumped abilities.

I am not saying Kripp is a bad player, he has a nack of finding holes in mechanics and abusing them, but I wouldn't argue he is skilled. The biggest thing that makes Kripp successful is that he has a lot of time, and a good team to play with, and as just said he can research the game very well

The game in its current state has very low skill ceiling, in fact if you watch high level streams you will see that the game is basically comprised of exiles spamming the same ability continuously while using a flask when something goes wrong. Its not dynamic, there is nothing fancy about it, and frankly its become boring. The game is more fun in cruel when you play something like a pure glass cannon (like I was recently playing a witch). In that sense, I had 6 active skills, I actually used all of them, continuously and in different combinations

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info