So... watching Kripp and his friends faceroll end-game content... shouldn't that be more difficult?

"
I would hate to turn video games into my career... Because when you turn your hobby into your job it becomes a hell of a lot less fun and a hell of a lot more work. I would love to try my hand at developing a game but I also know that can be a very unrewarding a highly stressful job as well.

I have a buddy who plays poker and sells items in video games for a living and he wouldn't have it any other way. He gets paid to not have to work and gets to pick his own hours.
"
EnderCN wrote:
"
I would hate to turn video games into my career... Because when you turn your hobby into your job it becomes a hell of a lot less fun and a hell of a lot more work. I would love to try my hand at developing a game but I also know that can be a very unrewarding a highly stressful job as well.

I have a buddy who plays poker and sells items in video games for a living and he wouldn't have it any other way. He gets paid to not have to work and gets to pick his own hours.

But he IS working...
"
incugus wrote:
"
kwahip wrote:

Stop being a judgemental ass. If someone wants to spend x amount of hours doing something, who are you to tell them it's wrong/stupid/not living. Also some people want to live with their parents, heck some people LIKE their parents. In fact in some cultures it's perfectly normal to live together as a family for your entire life. Success is about being happy, unless you have some sort of insight into Kripps personal life, than you should probably holdback judgement.

Plus you have absolutely no idea that he "leeches" off his parents. Do you know his finances? Do you know how much his youtube+streams make? to sum it all up do you have any information about his budget? I have a feeling you don't and your talking out your ass like most (anti)fanboys.

People should do what they are passionate about, and if this happens to be video games who the fuck are you to tell them it's something that should be a "safe-place-to-fall if nothing comes up".

I'm not a kripp fanboy, but I am someone who takes offence to people telling others what they should/shouldn't be passionate about and what they should be doing with their lives, especially when you know nothing about their personal lives.

I'm a technical lead at an international company ,have two teams under me. My job is great and i enjoy it greatly.

I assure you the way his father (i believe) talked to him in that video i saw , he was yelling to him about something like " you need to go do X ", asking him to do something to which he repleid he was "busy" streaming.

I'm pretty sure that guy ain't like the DOTA2/SC PRO players and Streamers, now THAT is success. A competitive game, based on player skill against player skill. Huge tournaments with money prizes, an E-SPORT community and scene.

You can't compare some guy out in his room streaming to those guys, that have a set, have merchandise, have employees!! for god sake, are you seriously comparing that? LOL.

Yeah krip is a PRO POE player, and he is probably making thousands per day on his POE stream /sarcasm.

I never asked or cared what you do, but thnx for telling us. Nor did I ever compare him to professional esport players. I also define success as being happy with your life, not in how much money you make.
"
kwahip wrote:

I never asked or cared what you do, but thnx for telling us. Nor did I ever compare him to professional esport players. I also define success as being happy with your life, not in how much money you make.

You are right that was directed to someone else, forgot to quote him.
Shock Horror. Group of players working together survive more than someone who is playing solo. What a novel concept. You people are beyond parody.
"
HamzHammer wrote:
Shock Horror. Group of players working together survive more than someone who is playing solo. What a novel concept. You people are beyond parody.

The issue is not that it is easier the issue is that you can do it blindfolded.. If you have at all decent gear and are at all decently leveled to the dungeon which is basically impossible not to be at this point in the game if you do a dungeon in a 6 man you never get below 90% hp.

"
lobe44 wrote:
"
HamzHammer wrote:

The issue is not that it is easier the issue is that you can do it blindfolded.. If you have at all decent gear and are at all decently leveled to the dungeon which is basically impossible not to be at this point in the game if you do a dungeon in a 6 man you never get below 90% hp.

As opposed to the Diablo 2 Baal runs when no one went below 95%.

This topic comes out all the time on Warcraft. The latest last boss was killed by something like... 3-5 groups in the first 2 weeks it was available. All the bois cried on the forum that "content is too easy"

30-50 people. Out of 10 million. Too easy.

And lol @ "You people are beyond parody". Cracked a smile, good show!
Did everybody forget the part where Kripp died like a week ago? He's not facerolling content at all. He fucking died in the first month of the game's release. Kripp's good at playing the game too. I think that's suggestive enough that the game is challenging.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
Did everybody forget the part where Kripp died like a week ago? He's not facerolling content at all. He fucking died in the first month of the game's release. Kripp's good at playing the game too. I think that's suggestive enough that the game is challenging.

Only reason he died was cause nobody knew that that particular unique map with those particular unique double bosses could corpse explode another boss for insta death even on full life and energy shield.

And because of that information now nobody will ever die from that again...
"
incugus wrote:

I assure you the way his father (i believe) talked to him in that video i saw , he was yelling to him about something like " you need to go do X ", asking him to do something to which he repleid he was "busy" streaming.

I'm pretty sure that guy ain't like the DOTA2/SC PRO players and Streamers, now THAT is success. A competitive game, based on player skill against player skill. Huge tournaments with money prizes, an E-SPORT community and scene.

You can't compare some guy out in his room streaming to those guys, that have a set, have merchandise, have employees!! for god sake, are you seriously comparing that? LOL.

Yeah krip is a PRO POE player, and he is probably making thousands per day on his POE stream /sarcasm.

the point hes trying to make is that it doesnt matter how much you make

hes doing what he loves to do and you have no place judging him as being less successful than anyone else, you cant define success because its doing what you love to do

and hes not talking about the pro players hes talking about the casters, they had to make their own reputation from the start in order to get to the point where they make money off of it, they all invest a huge amount of time to get the payoff they desire

those casters dont have "teams of employees" under them, they had to make their fanbase themselves from the ground up which requires a much larger amount of work than i bet you think

i dont go around slapping what you do down saying you arent successful because its in the eye of the beholder
Last edited by Suncrusher10101 on Feb 15, 2013, 1:49:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info