Talisman League Mechanics

That too. Ghosted monster+talisman is my first candidate for broken loot.

The concerns about the standard deviation are more pressing though. This is very counter-intuitive and exploitable formula.

Also, it is interesting to know how will the talismans be implemented in standard and hardcore after the league end?

Another question is how will the talismans shift power from builds, requiring unique amulet, such as chayla or astramentis builds? Everybody's power will go up, except for those.
"
khemintiri wrote:
"
"
(The item level of the output Talisman is one standard deviation above the average item level of the input Talismans)

Ok, so if I input 5 level 60 talismans, I'll get a level 60 talisman, because the average item level is 60 and the standard deviation is 0.

But if I input 4 level 60 talismans and 1 level 10 talisman, I'll get a level 70 talisman, because the average item level is 50 and the standard deviation is 20.
The calculation for that is (10+60+60+60+60)/5/5=50,
and (((10-50)^2+(60-50)^2+(60-50)^2+(60-50)^2+(60-50)^2)/5))^0.5=(((-40)^2+10^2+10^2+10^2+10^2)/5)^0.5
=((1600+100+100+100+100)/5)^0.5=(2000/5)0.5=400^0.5=20
My calculator got the same answer.

By my calculations,
4 level 60 talismans and 1 level 1 talisman will output 1 level 71 talisman,
4 level 71 talismans and 1 level 1 talisman will output 1 level 85 talisman,
and 4 level 85 talismans and 1 level 1 talisman will output 1 level 100 talisman.
So, even if your algorithm always rounds down, it will only take 64 level 60 talismans and 61 level 1 talismans, all at tier 1, to get to fight Rigwald for a level 100 tier 4 talisman.

I'm not sure if you guys had intended for people to be able to get higher level talismans by including single low level talisman, but this system would give a substantial disadvantage to players who prefer to just learn by playing, compared to players who look up every specific mechanic. It also seems potentially overpowered.

I think that I can see what you guys are going for though. The relationship between item level and item value is definitely going to be nonlinear, so giving a talisman that averages the item level of the input talismans would end giving players a reward that was disproportionately low for the input. Also, many players are going to want to start sacrificing talismans they get for higher level talismans as soon as they start playing, and ideally the Rigwald encounter would be of a level appropriate for the player, even if the player is level fifty but has been sacrificing talismans from level 1 to level 50 working their way up to Rigwald.

I suggest of of three solutions.
1) Cap the level of the output talisman at the level of the highest-level input talisman.
2) Set the level of the output talisman at the average level of the input talismans plus half of the standard deviation.
3) Use a function that will roughly correspond between item level and value, then have the output talisman be the level that corresponds to the average value of the input talismans. For example, if x is the item level of the output talisman; a, b, c, d, and e are the item levels of the input talismans; and you estimated that the value of the talisman would be proportional to the cube of the item level, then x=((a^3+b^3+c^3+d^3+e^3)/5)^(1/3).

If you guys do want a system that allows players to get a talisman with a higher item level than any of the input talismans, you could still do so by other means. Including a fixed level bonus in the algorithm or including stone circles that give a level bonus of their own would also have that effect, but it wouldn't be counter-intuitive, which would make it more usable for players who haven't researched the advanced mechanics.

I love you <3

Ok. Thank you.
Anyway, I expect that you'd like to know that they changed the wording.
"
(The item level of the output Talisman is slightly better than the average item level of the input Talismans)
"
Chameleon wrote:
Spots Qarl's edit.

"
Talismans come in multiple tiers (of base type).

Say what. Qarl can you please explain this in plain English? So tiers have tiers??

From reading the posts, it appears to me to be as follows:

Tier 1 Talismans can have the following implicits: a, b, c, d, e

Tier 2 Talismans can have the following implicits: f, g, h, i, j

Tier 3 Talismans can have the following implicits: k, l, m, n, o

Tier 4 Talismans can have two of the following implicits (selected at random): a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o

Edit:

From the language you quoted from Qarl, it's conceivable that it may instead be as follows:

Tier 1 Talismans can have the following implicits: a1, b1, c1, d1, e1

Tier 2 Talismans can have the following implicits: a2, b2, c2, d2, e2

Tier 3 Talismans can have the following implicits: a3, b3, c3, d3, e3

Tier 4 Talismans can have two of the following implicits (selected at random): a1, b1, c1, d1, e1, a2, b2, c2, d2, e2, a3, b3, c3, d3, e3

After thinking about it, I too have become unsure of the answer and would like to read an official response.
Last edited by _Amaranth_ on Dec 1, 2015, 1:58:44 AM
Also, Qarl/Bexx/whomever at GGG that would be able to respond on this question, can you address the issue that placing implicits into standard league and implicits into hardcore that are not accessible in the other really results in non-league standard having access to all and hardcore never having access to the standard league implicits?
Last edited by _Amaranth_ on Dec 1, 2015, 2:03:58 AM
"
ChiefOluk wrote:
"then you can summon a portal to fight Rigvald, the Wolven King."

"Needless to say, if you're able to chain unique Talismans up from the first tier, Rigwald is able to drop a unique fourth-tier Talisman."

"rewards of the eventual Rigwald encounter. "

Unique item: "Rigvald's charge"

Is it "Rigwald" or "Rigvald"?
Maybe he's like Shakespeare and changes his name occassionally.

Haha I know there's alotta maths going on somewhere ^ there, but this is whats really important. Maybe they haven't decided yet... *cough* community poll time *cough*
twitch.tv/Owwlll
The whole concept sounds so effing amazing.
Too bad, I might have to spend a week or two
during Talisman League in the hospital.

But this sounds really really fun!

It's probably too soon to ask, but are there
plans to bring this to standard after the
league ends (other than as a Zana mod)?
Is the content designed for solo play or is it possible to do it as a group?

If so, will there be any additional benefits doing it as a group? i.e more drops or something?
"
svjatomirskij wrote:
Another question is how will the talismans shift power from builds, requiring unique amulet, such as chayla or astramentis builds? Everybody's power will go up, except for those.

Maybe we can just Hope found higher/stronger/better Talisman of this "Old-School" Build/Amulets '(♥__♥)'

>>>>> In Futur we Trust with Talisman <<<<< ;-)

PS :
and same if we keep this "old-school" amulets,
after the Talisman End League,
with this "old-builds",
ASCENDANCY coming ... so again another CHANGING !!!! :P
Last edited by Nestor76 on Dec 1, 2015, 2:25:57 AM
I normally don't play other Leagues, but I might give this a shot. Won't be able to twink anything, but should be fun enough even without readily accessible build enabling gear.
"
Serleth wrote:
"
yotmato wrote:
Is the rarity of the talisman dropped by a monster affected by players IIR stat?

Nope.

"There's no chance or conditionality here."

"The rarity of the Talisman is affected by the rarity bonus of the Talisman."

Those two sentences have nothing to do with my question. "Each monster possessed by a Talisman will drop that specific Talisman. There's no chance or conditionality here." Talks about the talisman implicit, if the talisman has +1 zombie, then the possessed monster will have zombie-related abilities and WILL drop a +1 zombie Talisman, it doesnt say anything about the rarity.

The second sentence, the way its phrased, is not mutually exclusive with it being affected by players IIR stat.

Since Qarl ignored my question i'm gonna go ahead and asumme your personal IIR or party culler's IIR affects the rarity of the dropped Talisman.

Thanks.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info