Talisman League Mechanics

"
I wish a Talisman had a separate equipment slot rather than taking up the Amulet slot. :-(

Seems like all existing ammies will be less valuable now. Sad. I liked Astramentis, but maybe there'll be an "astramentis-like" possibility.
Will the talisman specific modifiers be server side this time so people can't spoil the science with datamining? :p

I'm guessing the uniques have fixed implicits? Could a low tier unique talisman drop from a higher tier with an additional implicit?

Is there any possibility of getting some more spoilers on implicits? :p

About amulets being replaced, I don't think every build will get a new BiS ammy, but RF could probably use 50% of cold damage taken as fire, for example. Other nice things would be charge duration, charge maximum, charge effects, at least dexterity will get a scaling increase mod, weapon range could be awesome etc.
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Dec 1, 2015, 4:05:13 PM
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Yeah and on top of that there are people who still enjoy running through the same 4 acts three times just to test a new build who will eventually get stuck behind rng of map currency or item drops,or will just be one shotted from rares all the time.
It's like you wanna go out for a drink and instead of driving 5 miles you go to next town and back.
With such gated content i was hoping for a fun league at least,not a "grind for an amulet" one.
I mean,seriously?
We will be grinding to replace our rare amulets?
For months?

Don't drink and drive.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Hype!
"
The set of Talismans for Standard and Hardcore are different from each other - you can find a few base types specific to each league.

Here I was happy that you finally did away with the requirement to play both leagues and you come and do this...
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Does the rarity of talismans consumed increase the difficulty of the monster(s)? Rigwald specifically.
No, but the ilevel does. The rarity increases the rarity of the resultant Talisman.

We're getting inconsistent messages. Bex stated that the rariy of a resultant talisman is defined by the input talismans (1 rare = 20% rare). That implies IIR has zero effect for generating Tier 2/3/4 talismans.

"
Qarl wrote:
Note, the rarity of the Talisman is affected by the rarity bonus of the Talisman (yes, really).

This doesn't make any sense, unless the Tier 1 Unique Talisman has the same IIR mod and value as a Magic or Rare version.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 1, 2015, 4:45:33 PM
I hope there is interesting new skill and passive tree revamp in the next league, since i'm more interested in making builds and exploring interesting gameplay mechanics. The usual grind and getting screwed over by bad rng even if talismans are powerful wont keep me playing for long.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Dec 1, 2015, 6:01:02 PM
"
unsane wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Does the rarity of talismans consumed increase the difficulty of the monster(s)? Rigwald specifically.
No, but the ilevel does. The rarity increases the rarity of the resultant Talisman.

We're getting inconsistent messages. Bex stated that the rariy of a resultant talisman is defined by the input talismans (1 rare = 20% rare). That implies IIR has zero effect for generating Tier 2/3/4 talismans.

"
Qarl wrote:
Note, the rarity of the Talisman is affected by the rarity bonus of the Talisman (yes, really).

This doesn't make any sense, unless the Tier 1 Unique Talisman has the same IIR mod and value as a Magic or Rare version.

I think they stated that the rarity of tier one Talismans decides T2. T2 decides T3. T3 decides T4.

The question was probably wether IIR affected T1 which they have answered is not the case. As the T1 amulets are generated together with the zone they should not be affected by player stats.

Tl;dr
All players will have the same odds of getting rare talismans. IIR should have no effect. Perhaps it's for the best, though I wish...
Gravity is just a prejudice. A part of Earth's jurisdiction. As an apache helicopter, I find that very oppressive.
Last edited by Zorajin on Dec 1, 2015, 7:31:04 PM
Will Standard players get to participate, or are they screwed over yet again?
"
Serleth wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
Yeah and on top of that there are people who still enjoy running through the same 4 acts three times just to test a new build who will eventually get stuck behind rng of map currency or item drops,or will just be one shotted from rares all the time.
It's like you wanna go out for a drink and instead of driving 5 miles you go to next town and back.
With such gated content i was hoping for a fun league at least,not a "grind for an amulet" one.
I mean,seriously?
We will be grinding to replace our rare amulets?
For months?

Don't drink and drive.

Don't drink and drive exile, void league is a terrible place.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info