Talisman League Mechanics

Bex, please, this time, you guys from GGG, do a big RELEASE OF THE NEW PASSIVE TREE, you guys should know this is one of the things that keep most of the players "hype". Please, I know it is a ton of work, but try to do a beautiful post explaining the new passives, new skill gems, new gems interactions and every single improvmentt made to gameplay.
I love new leagues, I love PoE community and GGG staff, but what keeps me playing this game since the closed beta is the theorycrafting and the gameplay itself. For hardcore and softcore players, feel the game is necessary to keeps your mind creative and enjoying what you are actually doing with your character.
So, please, no more reddit or "Chris Wilson leaked passive tree screenshot", just give us a time (1-2 days) to think about it, so we can breath and think about what can we do without getting so overwhelmed by new content.
Maybe for this league, for this patch it will be too late, but think about it with the team
and ask the community, maybe it will be good and solid for the future.
Sorry for my english mistakes and have a nice day.

José
Last edited by zecazinha on Dec 1, 2015, 7:47:58 PM
"
Siochan wrote:
Will Standard players get to participate, or are they screwed over yet again?

Anyone can participate it's a new league to test content to add to the core game, as usual.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
For those that missed it, Chris added this on reddit regarding IIR and Talismans (in addition to the Carl quote earlier):

"IIR doesn't affect Talisman drops because the Talisman was already decided, spawned, and picked up by a monster before you joined the area."
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Aklyon wrote:
"
pootie3030 wrote:
So then what happens when you die in hardcore? Will your character be sent to the parent league with the talismans that you picked up, or to he sc version, causing hc talismans to infiltrate the sc league? Or is this totaly void and you die, your stash dies?
Its a normal league, not a race or a special. Everything in hardcore eventually arrives in standard. If something doesn't, then the owner is either really good, or trying much too hard hard to keep it out of standard for some reason.

I did see someone else mention this... The issue is because there are different talismans between HC and SC it technically creates inequality for people who only play in the washdown leagues. While most of us think of these as a rubbish dump, its important to remember that this is where some people choose to remain.

Basically standard league is able to collect ALL OF THE TALISMANS, through death washdown.
HC will only be able to collect ITS OWN SET of talismans to wash down into HC (if your toon lives).

This shouldn't really affect those who only play in the std leagues since if they didn't play the temp leagues then they never even had a chance to get one, GGG encourages a trading community though which is where the issues lies.

I'm not sure if there are currently already items which are only available in HC and not SC?
twitch.tv/Owwlll
Last edited by Owwlll on Dec 1, 2015, 10:46:59 PM
Can we please have a reddit thread doing some math about chances to get up to tier 4 with only 1 tier 1 unique talisman?
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
(Dream patch notes)

-Added "Cutthroat" element to both Talisman leagues
-Player that picks up any talisman from killing a monster is flagged as pvp-vulnerable for 60 seconds after picking it up
-Any players (including party members) can now attack him/her
-Attacking a player holding a talisman flags the attacking player as pvp vulnerable also
-Killing the Talisman-looting player randomly generates a new talisman near the body of the player
-The player that picks up the 2nd talisman is now flagged as pvp-vulnerable for 60 additional seconds seconds
-Killing the player that picked up the trophy talisman does not spawn another talisman (but it gives the slain player a shot at revenge)
-Players killed in Talisman brawls do not exit hardcore to standard
-Players killed in Talisman brawls respawn next to their corpses with full health and mana 5 seconds after being slain

GGG - let's make it happen ^_^
"
PoorJoy wrote:
"lol invasion" made me chuckle.

it made me facepalm. BEYOND was the atrociously slow league. plus spawning beyonders makes no fucking sense and they don't give more loot than white packs!!! Invasion monsters you could avoid easily (and you better did, cause some were hard as fuck early game)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Dec 2, 2015, 8:16:33 AM
WOO WOO WOO!

Hey Bex, what's that sound?
That's the sound of 2015 pulling you over!

Why Talisman, and not Taliswoman?

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Dec 2, 2015, 8:27:51 AM
I wanna be tree-shot !!!
"
Bananenboris wrote:
Could someone of GGG finally answer the question that was asked several times now?

What happens to the Talismans when the league is over and the characters are transfered to standard?

If the Talismans will be transfered too, every player like me who loves playing standard and really doesn't want to play the leagues will be fucked up. Darkshrine with its fragement farming will already have a large impact on the economy in standard (what's really annoying) but like this you ruin the game for all standard players.

what economy. meaningful trading doesn't even exist. I've never been able to sell an item for a fair price even once. you can't have trading without a MARKET
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info