and so it starts - net neutrality

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
It's a lot bigger than poe folks.

For some people this won't matter much. For others you will find the outcome of this DRAMATICALLY changing your lifestyle.

There are already E.U laws that safe guard off shore internet traffic against local price fixing for services like the inter-net.If this company where to ignore them and try and charge extra for "handling"part of an established route they would find them selves in E.U court with an auto win to the wronged party.

Worse case scenario traffic would have to go through Holland where access to the inter-net is considered a basic human right with all that brings.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
Argwain wrote:
How does it personally affect you?

Really? I mean.... ah.... forget it!
Spoiler
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
It's the beginning of the end, the cataclysmic is upon us boys.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
Just glad I'll be dead before too long and none of this crud will mater.
where are the zombies in this apocalypse, when you need them? or the red pill?

the more i read about stuff like this, the more i wish to become a criminal and just get everything i need/want in a way that kicks this kind of stuff in the butt. screw things that affect me in a negative way. :(
"
Xavderion wrote:
EU yet again confirmed for worst country.

The European Union is not a country. Saying that i dont know if you can have a qualified oppinion on this topic.

Nvrmind if your trolling :X
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

+1 Shags, sometimes there are advantages of being old. If my diet and lifestyle do their job, I should be able to shuffle off before we hit the vinegar strokes of WWIII.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Bad news: life extension research is on the rise, if everything goes well all of us will easily live until 2100 or longer :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Argwain wrote:
How does it personally affect you?

in the scenario that unfolds, a future game like poe wouldn't be possible in germany/europe.

because the imaginary company would not only have to collect the funds to make it out of their garage into a proper office but to also pay internet providers who see households they connect to the internet as their assets to sell to other companies.

bad thing is, you will not notice the missing european startups because they never got the chance to startup.

europe is a total fail and that politicians like this öttinger make it to the positions they suck in a way that even comedians give up cause their actions beat them by length is the best prove.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
If this is allowed to continue and develop it will affect more than just internet customers, gamers and small companies. It will ultimately be bad business for the larger companies as well when overall revenues decline.

Companies that can't deliver customer desired content shouldn't be propped up by contracts.
If this content prioritization is allowed to spread, it will downgrade overall internet content the same way the music industry shafted music in the 70s.

For those who aren't sure what it really means - a simplified comparison would be if Activision signed a contract with GGG to make a seventh character called the Eco. The Eco has an interesting skill tree and great graphics. For contractual reasons, when a player is playing an Eco character, their latency is normal. When a player is playing a non-Eco character, the contract with Activision requires that GGG delay the server responses by 75 milliseconds, and drop 15% of the data packets. The result is that players who aren't playing an Eco, must accept desync again if they want a smooth game play experience, or they suffer with a stutter step annoying version of lockstep.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info