PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

and so it starts - net neutrality

europe kicked net neutrality in the bin, now the first signs of degradation of the free internet start showing their ugly face.

sorry, it's in german but it says hetzner, a big ass hosting company additionally offers it's customers special tariffs so their traffic gets routed without further delays to other internet providers, namely deutsche telekom, which refuse to share traffic with other providers on official peering points because they got too fat and greedy.

so what does it have too do with poe? yep, it's possible now that in the future ggg will have to pay their provider (softlayer) to reach customers in deutsche telekom (and other cable providers) too with low latency.

and that's just the beginning, once the big guys are cahahahaching in on companies so they can reach their customers, former "free internet"-apologists have to follow that for not losing market share.

the free internet (despite the spying thing) is the one thing the americans got right and defending it provided the grounds for alot of innovations and progress for mankind.

i can't describe how disgusted i'm with how things turned in europe, especially with guys like guenther oettinger who is in charge in europe to handle this and is selling the future innovation of internet companies (i bet he is getting a job at deutsche teledoof after retiering from his current job).

#neuland, my ass!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
How does it personally affect you?
|| EU-Prisoners | Top Hardcore/Challenge Guild | IGN AnimateImmortality ||
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1390390
"

If GGG need to pay someone so players can play PoE, then GGG need to get money somehow.

1. bump up MTX price
2. lower ammount of money put in content creation
3. add pay to win MTX

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 30, 2015, 8:16:52 AM
"
vio wrote:
europe kicked net neutrality in the bin, now the first signs of degradation of the free internet start showing their ugly face.

sorry, it's in german but it says hetzner, a big ass hosting company additionally offers it's customers special tariffs so their traffic gets routed without further delays to other internet providers, namely deutsche telekom, which refuse to share traffic with other providers on official peering points because they got too fat and greedy.

so what does it have too do with poe? yep, it's possible now that in the future ggg will have to pay their provider (softlayer) to reach customers in deutsche telekom (and other cable providers) too with low latency.

and that's just the beginning, once the big guys are cahahahaching in on companies so they can reach their customers, former "free internet"-apologists have to follow that for not losing market share.

the free internet (despite the spying thing) is the one thing the americans got right and defending it provided the grounds for alot of innovations and progress for mankind.

i can't describe how disgusted i'm with how things turned in europe, especially with guys like guenther oettinger who is in charge in europe to handle this and is selling the future innovation of internet companies (i bet he is getting a job at deutsche teledoof after retiering from his current job).

#neuland, my ass!

*Germany , not Europe... I have direct connection throuth LightFiber to US and A and need no rauting through Germany... Also they can do squat ass nothing to regulations that were and will still be in place for next 15 years as EU signed them this year.

ps. Sure they can be changed but i doubt it.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Argwain wrote:

This is the kind of thing you want to attack long before it "personally affects you", because by the time it does it'll be industry standard, commonly accepted as law of the land, and you won't be able to do anything about it.
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/grinding-gears-wilson-talks-f2p-ethics-in-path-of-exile/

"WE'VE BEEN CAREFUL WHEN DESIGNING THE GAME SO THERE'S NO PAYING FOR GAME CONTENT OR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME", he explained. "WE'VE PURPOSEFULLY DIVORCED ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM THE MONETIZATION."
EU yet again confirmed for worst country.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I thought America was bad haha.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Wouldn't "And so it ends" fit more?
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Who gives a shit, if you like the game then it shouldn't make any difference if it becomes a sub to raise cash.

One good thing might come from it, no more posting the same remark every time some one has a problem........"its a free to play game".

If i get value for money i have no problem paying.
It's a lot bigger than poe folks.

For some people this won't matter much. For others you will find the outcome of this DRAMATICALLY changing your lifestyle.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Nov 30, 2015, 10:03:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info