[2.1] Freezing Infernal Blow || Glacial Hammer + Herald of Ice Build

Can't fit it in :(

Herald of Ice takes up 58% mana reservation and then blasphemy takes up another 35%.

Oh and btw guys, if you find your clear speed isn't good enough, just replace GH and Melee splash with Ice Crash and Melee Physical damage. See which one works for you best.
I love the build. Truly. Even more so because of the winter box thingy.

But I gotta ask, is there a possibility that this build could be modified with a focus on MF? I noticed that there are quite a few uniques in the build which makes me assume it would be difficult. What I was aiming for was MF rings, the MF jewel, Moonbender, Cameria's Maul, and possibly Goldwyrm.

My fear is that it would sacrifice survivability.

I will say.. I love the smashing. Ele reflect here I come! :P
What do you think about the new "attack leech wheel" (basically you can leech mana and life with ele attacks) in the duelist area?
@Pracis

Hey, soz for the late reply. I guess you could go MF with the new jewel and Cameria's. You don't really sacrifice your survivability, but you sacrifice a lot of your DPS, so I guess it's up to you.

Have fun!

@Tino_TheInvisibleMan

Hi, I don't think it would be efficient to grab the life leech nodes with our current build, which is quite unfortunate.

Mana leech is not really necessary any more though, since Glacial hammer has only 6 mana cost, which you can sustain from mana regeneration alone.

The build can get 0.8% life leech from gear so I guess that would suffice for now.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 19, 2015, 8:40:35 PM
In merc, having fun, but I feel squishy. Would you recommend, WDT, IC, Inc duration, with enduring cry>?
Last edited by ivqancorp on Dec 21, 2015, 11:56:31 PM
@ivqancorp

Hey, ivqan. I don't think CWDT works with Enduring cry anymore. Also Immortal Call has been changed so the duration is much shorter now. So I don't think the combo is as good as it was before.

If you can afford it, try to get some high armour gear and stuff (or a belly of the beast). Maybe replace blasphemy with Arctic armour for more tankiness, if you feel you need it. Stack up on life as well, try to get 5k+ life by 85.

Also try running Ice Crash - Melee physical damage - WED - Cold Penetration - Hypothermia. The area freeze might give you more safety.

On another Note:

HEY GUYS, I may not be able to reply to any future comments for a while, since I might be busy with other stuff. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience. Sorry!

Last edited by cookees on Dec 22, 2015, 5:09:43 AM
so whats blasphemy linked to?
Currently playing through HC Talisman and I'm feeling really squishy at act 4 normal. I was thinking of moving some points to get more armor, but I wanted to ask do you personally feel its good enough to survive in HC, or would more gear changes be needed?
I modified this build a bit to pick up more life and armor, as of right now i feel plenty tanky (a3 merc).
Around level 85 it gets 182% incresed life & 138% increased armor from tree.
I also got lucky on a vaal.
i have been leveling with this build so far i enjoy it very much, got me a 5link belly of the beast and also im using http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bitterdream basicly giving me a 8 link glacial hammer and moonbender on off hand, pretty nice i think, allows me to use hand of fire as well which helps clearing the mobs who survived the 1 shot explosion i do, so i use HoI and HoF and still got arctic going on having 30 mana non reserved is enough for glacial hammer with the mana leech from bitterdream over all a very nice item to have for leveling

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info