[2.1] Freezing Infernal Blow || Glacial Hammer + Herald of Ice Build

@ andrew12341231

I think the Glacial Hammer variant of this build will be very strong. 2.1 has buffed up melee splash massively as well as adding Blasphemy + Frostbite.

I've made some 2.1 notes. I would replace AA with Blasphemy and Frostbite. Skill Tree should remain the same, since only the right side is getting changed.

Good luck!!

Last edited by cookees on Dec 11, 2015, 2:19:49 AM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
@ andrew12341231

I think the Glacial Hammer variant of this build will be very strong. 2.1 has buffed up melee splash massively as well as adding Blasphemy + Frostbite.

I've made some 2.1 notes. I would replace AA with Blasphemy and Frostbite. Skill Tree should remain the same, since only the right side is getting changed.

Good luck!!

Agreed, looks good.
Is there any interest to take increase radius nodes if i play with glacial hammer + melee splash instead of ice crash ?

Thx :)
Last edited by Nephilllim30 on Dec 11, 2015, 12:32:33 PM
"
Nephilllim30 wrote:
Is there any interest to take increase radius nodes if i play with glacial hammer + melee splash instead of ice crash ?

Thx :)

I think the goal is to increase the radius of the herald of ice explosions and the radius of melee splash?
@Nephilllim30

Yeah, I think the area nodes are even more valuable if you're deciding to go Glacial hammer + melee splash, since MS is now 'more' area and Herald of Ice needs its area increased.

But both skills are interchangeable, if you suddenly decide to play Ice Crash instead, then replace Glacial hammer and melee splash with Ice crash and melee physical damage. I think Ice crash may have a better clear speed and Glacial hammer has higher freezing.

On another note, I've noticed that the mana reservation of Blasphemy has been changed to 35% instead of 25%. This means 93% of our mana is reserved, which may or may not be enough.

But then again, mana has been buffed a lot (50% more mana gained per level) so I think this should compensate for it. If necessary, you may need 1-2 aura reservation nodes, but I think it won't come to that.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 11, 2015, 7:12:34 PM
"
Supreme_Pizza wrote:
On another note, I've noticed that the mana reservation of Blasphemy has been changed to 35% instead of 25%.

That was annoying wasn't it?

lol
Yeah it was. But after respeccing my character I noticed that Glacial Hammer only costs 5 mana to use now which is pretty awesome.

You don't even need rallying cry anymore to sustain the mana cost. Also, the increased mana you get increases your mana regen by a lot as well so mana sustain is actually better than before now even with the 35% change.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 12, 2015, 10:15:10 AM
I like the build, but why don't you get any sweet mace nodes? You're so close to Bone Breaker.
I wanted to scale up my Herald of Ice damage as well as my Glacial Hammer/ Ice Crash damage at the same time. So I tried to take the elemental and cold damage nodes. Bonebreaker would be great for my melee damage, but wouldn't help my herald of ice damage.
why no hatred? :<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info