Talisman league ballista totem

"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Well my issue is that even if you reach lets say 1000 dex, it's damage bonus is still mediocre.(flat gain becomes 40-120?)

Sure, with 1k Dex the bow is still just a little shy of 200 dps, but Puncture scales so crazy that you don't need an amazing DPS bow to one-shot things. Also, even though the DPS of your bow is low, you're going to have *six* totems attacking for you, which can be placed faster with the Totemic Zeal cluster in the Scion area.

Yeah but i already outlined my issue's with that :)

It's a preference in play-style and efficiency.

6 totems means a lot of resources required to place all and reach maximum dps potential and it also limits your passive tree movements.

On top of that the bow from which you will scale is "medium" at that investment.

I rather take a solid bow, place 2 balista's and clear the entire room. Or take a siege commander and scale it up to 3 ballista's and go other sources for damage after that to increase the efficiency of each individual one.(the main selling point then becomes you don't need ancestral bond to place more totems)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Don't forget that with Iron Commander you don't have Ancestral Bond, so you can still attack yourself! Meaning you can do damage too and cull enemies. Get a 6L Poison Arrow (with Void Manipulation and Rapid Decay), a Frenzy setup and it seems like a solid build.
Great PoE utilities!
Aura Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Vorici Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
One-shot calculator: https://goo.gl/IJhYDx
You don't have to just stand around placing totems, though, and you have so many that you can place them proactively instead of reactively -- just cast them ahead of you in case there's monsters there, and if there aren't then put the next one down at the edge of the first one's targeting range (probably rather long), and just leap-frog your totems like that until you hit a pack, which then gets destroyed by 2-3 lined up ballistas. Since you have 30% increased placement speed, you'll plant them pretty fast, too.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Additional question while reading the "spirit eater" passive in the necromancer ascendancy class. The wording does not seem to prevent it to stack? The limit is 4 seconds, but nothing indicates stacking multiple instances is prohibited?
Neither that bonus, nor any of the other ascendancy bonuses using that wording, can "stack" if the trigger happens again while it's already up. A bonus can only apply once - you have it, or you don't.

For an example of a "stacking" bonus, see the wording of the Gladiator's "Violent Retaliation" node.

Since people (both here and in PMs to me) were confused or unclear on these and interpreted them to work as "buffs" that could be modified, we've changed how these modifiers are described, to make it more clear that they're a conditional bonus, like existing "while on low life" stats, and not buffs nor stackable. They'll now use this format:
"
_____ if you've _____ in the past 4 seconds

so Spirit Eater is:
"
You and your Minions have x% increased Damage if you've Consumed or Destroyed a Corpse in the past 4 seconds

This makes it clearer that these are a conditional bonus that's either on or off, not a thing that's added and can stack. It also makes them more closely mirror the ones that are active if an event hasn't occured in the past 4 seconds, and the distinction from the "stacking" bonus of "Violent Retaliation" is made more clear.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 29, 2015, 8:34:45 PM
Cheers for the change mark. I hope it will prevent some confusion for players old and new.

It was indeed quite broad in therms of interpretation.

For additional ones, facebreaker and doon cueybari(<-??? that word) also are quite misleading/broad.

Facebreaker allows the interpretation that it works with spells while unarmed.

Doon could be misinterpreted to function with minions.

But...i'm glad this specific one will be more obvious now :)

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by Boem on Nov 29, 2015, 10:20:34 PM
"
Boem wrote:

Increases and decreases to damage in Path of Exile use extremely specific wording, and people who understand the pattern will never read these bonuses in this way.

Simply put, Unarmed is a method of Attack just like Weapon. Since attacks cannot be spells, the bonus to Unarmed Physical Damage from Facebreakers can *never* apply to Spells. It is in no way ambiguous.

Also, only bonuses explicitly stated as Minion bonuses will apply to your minions, and in that case they will only apply to your minions. Doon Cuebiyari's bonus very obviously lacks the Minion modifier, and therefore does not apply to Minions.
"
XCodesLIVE wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Increases and decreases to damage in Path of Exile use extremely specific wording, and people who understand the pattern will never read these bonuses in this way.

Simply put, Unarmed is a method of Attack just like Weapon. Since attacks cannot be spells, the bonus to Unarmed Physical Damage from Facebreakers can *never* apply to Spells. It is in no way ambiguous.

Also, only bonuses explicitly stated as Minion bonuses will apply to your minions, and in that case they will only apply to your minions. Doon Cuebiyari's bonus very obviously lacks the Minion modifier, and therefore does not apply to Minions.

Bro....

No offense but i have been playing this game for 3 years, i know all of these things.

I am not implying seasoned players will make these mistake.

And you are wrong, the wording is ambiguous and open for interpretation to a new player. Just like "damage" as a global modifier can be interpreted by a new player to also work for "minion damage".

Guess what, you can use EK while unarmed, which triggers the exact condition of facebreakers for a newb player.(unaware that unarmed is an "attack" state)

I thought the post was pretty obvious that this is about misinterpretation issues and not about me....

'-.-

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
And you are wrong, the wording is ambiguous and open for interpretation to a new player. Just like "damage" as a global modifier can be interpreted by a new player to also work for "minion damage".

Right, we DO get 'will raging spirits benefit from fire damage increases' quite a lot around here. However, I still think it's the fault of players fresh to the genre crossing over from D3 as no other popular action rpg scales minions that way. I did see 'will facebreakers scale my EK', but it was maybe once or twice and by very recent newcomers, after spending a month with the game you know it looks way too good to be true even if you don't get the wording.

And if something looks way too good to be true in PoE it usually isn't, it's a good rule of thumb :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Boem wrote:
And you are wrong, the wording is ambiguous and open for interpretation to a new player...

There is nothing GGG can do to prevent new players from making a crapton of mistakes. Screwing with the wording of every damage mod in the game (which is what you'd have to do to "fix" the "Doon buffing minions" issue you had) is not going to prevent new players from making a crapton of mistakes, it's only going to break the context that experienced players already know and that new players can easily learn.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info