Talisman league ballista totem

Well my issue is that even if you reach lets say 1000 dex, it's damage bonus is still mediocre.(flat gain becomes 40-120?)

And you would have 6 ballista's at that point, 1 base +5 from the bow.

So i would aim for 400/600dex +- tops and abuse the fact you don't want anymore then that. If your going to be forced to place down 6 or more balista's every fight to deal max potential dps, that's going to be

1) expensive(resource wise)
2) slow you down dramatically

I would rather wear an abyssus for example to save myself 600 pure dex investment, which would open up the build a lot more passive wise with similar damage boost potential.

I think having more balista's is a catch22 :')

Peace,

-Boem-

Edit : admittedly though, it has 8 mana cost as a base cost. So with solid placement speed investment it could function at high numbers. Hmmmm :)
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Nov 23, 2015, 1:52:29 PM
Yeah, wasn't really thinking of going above 600 dex myself, but still, starting as a witch or going for ancestral bond would be kind of a waste, the build would probably be at its strongest when localized to right side. Which is kinda novel, totem builds aren't often exclusively right-sided.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
1.) The bow is coming with 2.2, so no use to talk about it for the talisman league.

2.) No need for LMP/GMP, since the Unique Jewel "Rain of Splinters" exist.

3.) With subtracting the "must use" skills of usual RAT build, namely RAT itself + Bowskill, you free up 1 skillgem in your link. which leads to...

4.) With only PPAD and FA as a "must use" imho (even if it means 60% less attackspeed) you got many options to use the last 3 gemslots. Even going Elecrit bow and not using PPAD but WED is a good option.

5.) "Lioneyes Fall" Unique jewel in the mara/templar area to get bowcrit out of melee crit on the left side of the tree, near double totem.

With auto LMP and 2 turrets the clearspeed is surely good, I'd rather worry about single damage. (although that can be dealt with with puncture-trap-pointblank-PPAD/WED- supports of your choice).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
"
Vincendra wrote:
With only PPAD and FA as a "must use" imho (even if it means 60% less attackspeed)

55% less, if you'll pardon the nitpick.

Right, the potential is there, going left side for just one extra totem and using a stronger bow instead of Iron commander could indeed work, as well as going ele.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
In darkshrines i made very succesfull voltaxic build, so it could also work good with it since chaos buff will be made too. But i want to finally make something full phys. It just hurts how much points are wasted to get another totem.
"
Boem wrote:
Additional question while reading the "spirit eater" passive in the necromancer ascendancy class. The wording does not seem to prevent it to stack? The limit is 4 seconds, but nothing indicates stacking multiple instances is prohibited?
Neither that bonus, nor any of the other ascendancy bonuses using that wording, can "stack" if the trigger happens again while it's already up. A bonus can only apply once - you have it, or you don't.

For an example of a "stacking" bonus, see the wording of the Gladiator's "Violent Retaliation" node.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 23, 2015, 9:40:39 PM
Why not a physical damage bow Marauder? Sits between the useful totem nodes and the dex area on the tree (and I would guess would have a useful sub-class come 2.2).
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Additional question while reading the "spirit eater" passive in the necromancer ascendancy class. The wording does not seem to prevent it to stack? The limit is 4 seconds, but nothing indicates stacking multiple instances is prohibited?
Neither that bonus, nor any of the other ascendancy bonuses using that wording, can "stack" if the trigger happens again while it's already up. A bonus can only apply once - you have it, or you don't.

For an example of a "stacking" bonus, see the wording of the Gladiator's "Violent Retaliation" node.

Bless you Mark :)

Would have added an additional layer of "interesting" to the attribute, but i can understand why it doesn't work like that :D (echo DD comes to mind etc :p)

Makes perfect sense though.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Well my issue is that even if you reach lets say 1000 dex, it's damage bonus is still mediocre.(flat gain becomes 40-120?)

Sure, with 1k Dex the bow is still just a little shy of 200 dps, but Puncture scales so crazy that you don't need an amazing DPS bow to one-shot things. Also, even though the DPS of your bow is low, you're going to have *six* totems attacking for you, which can be placed faster with the Totemic Zeal cluster in the Scion area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info