[Contest] Guess the remaining Ascendancy Class names

MARAUDER
Shaman - Increases Effectiveness of Totems, Fire Damage

TEMPLAR
Crusader - Enhances and reduces reservation needed for Auras, Increases Armor Effectiveness & Elemental Resistances

WITCH
Sorceress - Enhances Curses,Increased Effectiveness with Wands

SCION
Dilettante - Increases Effectiveness of Jewels and Has a Jewel Socket on the end of each "4-point" section. Depending on which path you choose passives will increase in effectiveness on how much STR/DEX/INT you have.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
MARAUDER
Shaman - Increases Effectiveness of Totems, Fire Damage

TEMPLAR
Crusader - Enhances and reduces reservation needed for Auras, Increases Armor Effectiveness & Elemental Resistances

WITCH
Sorceress - Enhances Curses,Increased Effectiveness with Wands

SCION
Dilettante - Increases Effectiveness of Jewels and Has a Jewel Socket on the end of each "4-point" section. Depending on which path you choose passives will increase in effectiveness on how much STR/DEX/INT you have.

I can accept Scion, but your previous submissions are locked whenever a new set of ascendancies is revealed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Boem wrote:
^wouldn't that be a cop-out for GGG.

Here, have all the other ascendancy's, just at a slightly less efficiency.(-2 nodes total)

Could be it though, but i hope they have something far more sinister in mind.

Peace,

-Boem-
No. I did not mean Scion gets any other Ascendancies. I meant the Scion Ascendancy would have a notable which allows the Scion to allocate and build from the Marauder starting nodes on the non-Ascendancy passive tree. And five more Notables for each of the other five classes. Or up to six jewel sockets.

For example, this and this and this and this could combine into one 91 point Scion RF build, about character level 69 or so.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 5, 2016, 12:08:20 PM
^yeah from your post's after this one, i realized that's what you mean.

I guess that could work, but honestly when you leave a starting position it's usually around 5 nodes +- to travel to the next starting position and they are very bland.

An end-game build usually likes to travel in the mid-routes to optimize (jewels + more build oriented determination) so that would make her ascendancy redundant for end-game.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/path_of_exile/b/pc/archive/2016/02/11/path-of-exile-ascendancy-exclusive-occultist-class-revealed.aspx

"
Occultist : Focus on support, auras and curses. Mana regen and lots of utility in the mix. One of the end node gives +1 curse.

Fuck yeah, i got it spot-on :D
"
Pyromancer4 wrote:
"
Occultist : Focus on support, auras and curses. Mana regen and lots of utility in the mix. One of the end node gives +1 curse.

Fuck yeah, i got it spot-on :D

Congrats, awesome guesswork :)

Seems two classes are all we're getting today, so it's Mara and Scion next time. Things are seriously heating up with four more contestants at 2 points and none managing to separate from the pack and claim a third. Situation is currently taut as a pair of spandex undies after a good meal, with the decisive battle being postponed for next friday. Good luck everyone!

Updated leaderboard coming up.

Last edited by raics on Feb 11, 2016, 5:38:27 PM
"
raics wrote:

Seems two classes are all we're getting today, so it's Mara and Scion next time.

Don't count on it.

GGG is probably running an evil experiment to see how many players, who primarily play Scion, they can drive mad by dribbling out information about the 18 subclasses available to the 6 other classes before they reveal the information on the single Scion subclass. Just because they can.

So we'll get Marauder next week, and Scion the week before launch. Anything less is only moderately evil, and why settle for the lesser evil? ;)
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
So we'll get Marauder next week, and Scion the week before launch. Anything less is only moderately evil, and why settle for the lesser evil? ;)

Indeed, being moderately evil is just being an asshole, from GGG nothing short of pure, unadulterated, primordial evil is expected. I stand corrected, Mara next friday and Scion the friday after, or even the day before launch.

Ah, added some prizes for runner-ups too, seems the winning entry won't have that many guesses and orbs tend to go bad if they sit in one stash for too long.

Again, do not attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

The most logical reason why we haven't seen the Scion class yet? They may have a concept, they even know they only want one... but it's not done yet.

The beta is eternal.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 11, 2016, 6:06:01 PM
"Blaming stupidity is a lazy way out, a stupid man doesn't understand the error of his ways and can't be shown the way to the light."

Rev. Elreon Amanitius, "Purging the bowels of nightmare, vol.1"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info