Game Crash in Map

It's not a problem with the PoE client, but with your Windows install.

There are MANY instances of PoE working on many machines at more than 3GB of ram... myself included.

If the OS is a proper 64-bit OS and you have more than 4GB of ram, it works fine (for most people).

I don't know at this point why yours is doing what it is doing, but it's not likely a PoE specific issue.

Only suggestion I have at this point is a clean OS install and ensure it's 64-bit version.

You are correct that it is crashing once the PoE process uses more than 3GB of ram, but if you had other applications that needed that much ram, they would likely crash as well.
Well i am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit ! As previously stated - i also upgraded to Windows 10 to see if something changes but i get the same crash. Pretty frustrating...

and like 2-3 month ago i already did a fresh win 7 installation since i bought an SSD so..
Last edited by Electrozombi on Dec 9, 2015, 11:07:07 AM
I'm aware of what the stuff said, but I'm saying that something in Windows is acting like it's 32-bit and the only quick solution that comes to mind is a clean install (not an upgrade or install over existing).
yay, well 2-3 month ago i bought an SSD and freshly installed everything.. so can't actually be..
I thought you had figured out it was some virtual memory utility you had used. Are there any more unusual things like that involved?

Are you launching the game from Steam? Has any other application crashed the same way?

Try this:
http://patchcdn.pathofexile.com/2.0.5.12/PathOfExile.exe
  • Take this and put it in a folder on your Desktop.
  • Run it and immediately stop to do the Content.ggpk switch like you did before, using the completed ggpk from the other install to avoid a long download for this new location.
  • Finish installing it, but close the patcher and don't hit launch yet.
  • Right-click on PathOfExile.exe after it's installed, and go to the Properties -> Compatibility tab, and be sure it is not in compatibility mode.
  • Run it again to test the game from that directory.
  • Last edited by ionface on Dec 9, 2015, 2:26:06 PM
    Alright. I finally manage to play like 1 hour mapping with firefox, obs, winamp and stuff ! I started PoE Client with -swa ! But not only that, i also didn't login to the Twitch Chat in PoE Client. Now the PoE Ram Usage is almost always below 2,7GB and it feels like after leaving a map it also wents down! While i loged in to twitch chat ram was constantly gaining more and more! So the twitch integration might thus be a cause of fastly reaching the ram limit and thus crashes after 3-4 areas! I will continue testing without -swa and twitch chat in PoE and see how it will work ! Thanks again to everyone for the support yet!!

EDIT: Alright, it might really be the twitch chat integration. I finally crashed with Visual C++ Error a while after i turned on the twitch chat! I tried again and it crashed again! However, without the Chat I finally saw that PoE Client got bigger than 3 GB and didn't crash! So its just the chat (probably)
    Last edited by Electrozombi on Dec 9, 2015, 3:41:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info