What is the counter balance to ascendant classes?

"
Andrius319 wrote:
Don't forget that with ascendant expansion will come 2 new tilesets, which might mean that they will add more maps and they might be 83+ lvl maps.

Na, that would mean players would e able to get to 100 quicker. Ain't gonna happen.
It would be nice to get them as medium tier maps though!
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Knowing GGG, I'd expect the counter to be that only characters that don't need the boost will be able to get it, while characters that really could use the help wont be able to qualify.
After carefully reading the leaked classes, I'm afraid it won't be "really solved". It's a power bump for players, and imho content where you can farm currencies well enough won't be necesseraly made harder. Game will be easier for sure and it's likely that classes will lose versatility.

Tho adding more interractive map designs and content tools is imho a great addition. Warbands and tempest mechanics is very cool too. So game is still heading somewhere; tho ascension classes why? It seems to be A LOT of work but I do not understand why hence it has downsides too(game looses gameplay diversity).
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
- nerf the passive skill tree. (less crit, less hp, less damage. This will make class choices matter too much I think. Not ideal.)

Didn't they rework the crit wheel of the Shadow and replace part of it with poison stuff? I guess the time where crit ruled Wraeclast might come to an end.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I'd expect physical damage and hp to be bumped up on all enemies, while the passive tree to be slightly nerfed.

They've only done that for just about every expansion.

Shame that they don't do something instead like increase the movement/attack speed of the enemies, 1% per area level or something. This game is fun, but it's way too slow.
IGN: Fiona_Falconstrike, Geldar_the_Barbarian, Natalie_Fellshadow
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
Zvim wrote:
You wont have any nodes during normal, so that wont need to be touched. You will have 2 nodes through cruel, I doubt just 2 nodes will have a massive impact

If the Assassin tree remains the same, those two nodes will have a HUGE impact for this ascend: you get "ambush" node which doubles chances to crit vs. full life mobs (100% more) and gives 50% multiplier. This can easily be translated in oneshotting most of the already laughably easy mobs in cruel.

I expect this to be nerfed

Crit chances are laughably low in Cruel. Even 100% more won't do much.
If anything that doubled Crit Chance will do more early on than later; once you hit 47.5% Chance to Crit you've reached its maximum potential. Getting 20-30% Chance to Crit in Cruel is not hard. Doubling that for the first hit, plus a truckload of extra Crit Mult? I wouldn't say that constitutes as "not much". You have weird standards.
It will be interesting how this pans out. It makes the Assassin's first hit super strong, but subsequent attacks, not so strong. Kind of like how backstab works in old school games.

I'm not sure if this will translate well in an ARPG game. It makes soloing as an assassin awesome, but when in groups... may not be so awesome. Since enemies probably won't be at 100% life, the condition for which you get this bonus.

It does combo well the second skill that has a low life condition, but between low life and full life, there is no bonus.
assassin's first buffed hit+flameblast :P
Last edited by Andrius319 on Nov 30, 2015, 2:20:53 AM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I'd say 98% of characters cant safely do really hard rolled lvl82 maps right now. From what Ive seen of the sub classes so far when they land probably 98% of that 98% will still not be able to do really hard rolled lvl82 maps.

Irrelevant, since 98% of players will never see a level-82 map (myself included).
Last edited by RogueMage on Nov 30, 2015, 3:16:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info