What is the counter balance to ascendant classes?

"
Zvim wrote:
You wont have any nodes during normal, so that wont need to be touched. You will have 2 nodes through cruel, I doubt just 2 nodes will have a massive impact

If the Assassin tree remains the same, those two nodes will have a HUGE impact for this ascend: you get "ambush" node which doubles chances to crit vs. full life mobs (100% more) and gives 50% multiplier. This can easily be translated in oneshotting most of the already laughably easy mobs in cruel.

I expect this to be nerfed
The three tiered difficulty is already something of an artefact from the Diablo 2 era. It's a way to get more gameplay out of the same content. But after levelling your first exile, it's something of a futile exercise for any subsequent characters. Been there, done that. Act 4 compounds this problem, much in the same way act 5 did for Diablo 2. The first acts on the next difficulty are basically an afterthought.

Maybe there ought to be a way to skip forward in cruel and merciless? Retaining your checkpoints for act 1 and 2 perhaps?

In regards to the general difficulty becoming easier or harder, it might not matter as much as we think. Something I've experienced personally and that's been pointed out by various people, is that half the content in the game isn't getting cleared. Might be good to shake things up a little.
Last edited by Gerarddg on Nov 25, 2015, 10:44:16 AM
Act 4 cruel/merciless is such a ridiculous difficulty spike and I hope they do not make it harder than it already is because ascendant points will not change the fact a4 bosses can nearly one shot you when you first encounter them.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I feel like they already buffed mobs today.
And im very frustrated to experience this for the first time.

Do you know "terrace" map boss, that bird which shoots in barrages? In earlier days I was killing that birdy with ease with no problems, hitpoints mediocore, damage a bit higher as you all already know.

BUT, but today I fought him and felt like he was like on china crocodile drugs. What a hell was that?! He tanks like tank from future and does somewhere 200 000 damage in one barrage. I was so stunned that I did not believed that, I thought he critted me. So, I came again, and he again instagibed me with 2 first shards from ~50 shard barrage, I did not even see my hitpoints draining, I died in zero seconds, instagibed. I almost fell out of chair, WHY IS HE SO BUFFED? I came again, the third time, and I got instagibed again, its no way that he critted, its his regular damage, and yes there was no damage mods in map.

Im shocked. How to tank that boss, he was so easy before and now he is Egyptian underground god ANUBIS. A friend came me to help, with 40 000 armor, and he almost died there (dunno maybe devourers did their shady works there). I lost 30% expierence to know this change.

I didn't notice difference in other bosses.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Nov 27, 2015, 10:06:02 PM
"
Andrius319 wrote:
I feel like they already buffed mobs today.
And im very frustrated to experience this for the first time.

Do you know "terrace" map boss, that bird which shoots in barrages? In earlier days I was killing that birdy with ease with no problems, hitpoints mediocore, damage a bit higher as you all already know.

BUT, but today I fought him and felt like he was like on china crocodile drugs. What a hell was that?! He tanks like tank from future and does somewhere 200 000 damage in one barrage. I was so stunned that I did not believed that, I thought he critted me. So, I came again, and he again instagibed me with 2 first shards from ~50 shard barrage, I did not even see my hitpoints draining, I died in zero seconds, instagibed. I almost fell out of chair, WHY IS HE SO BUFFED? I came again, the third time, and I got instagibed again, its no way that he critted, its his regular damage, and yes there was no damage mods in map.

Im shocked. How to tank that boss, he was so easy before and now he is Egyptian underground god ANUBIS. A friend came me to help, with 40 000 armor, and he almost died there (dunno maybe devourers did their shady works there). I lost 30% expierence to know this change.

I didn't notice difference in other bosses.

High burst damage nearly ignores armor. and armor past 20 000 has rapid diminishing returns.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
Makes no sense when they add fortify to help melee only give it to Duelists that are ranged. Or they nerfed block from Acrobatics only to give Duelists 100% of block chance applied to spells with 4 nodes. I feel like I am Neo and have taken the wrong pill.

"With 4 nodes", as if it's some tiny amount. Note that it equates to "with 67% of all their points".

Something that was impossible to get before (without using 2-4 gear slots) is now not a tiny amount because it takes 4 nodes.

the thing is you can get that spell block, if you are not an onslaught raider or a crit assassin. Its a powerful option that very few people are actually going to take, so does it really break the game? Would we really need to balance the game to account for this ability that the vast majority of characters will not have? Im not convinced.

I dont see why they would substantially nerf the tree, if they even nerf it at all. Maybe make monsters harder, more likely I think than passive nerfing but even then do they actually need to? Pulling lol numbers out of my nose, Id say 98% of characters cant safely do really hard rolled lvl82 maps right now. From what Ive seen of the sub classes so far when they land probably 98% of that 98% will still not be able to do really hard rolled lvl82 maps. The options are powerful, enough so that you will notice their impact, but I think its over stating it by a lot to say they will alter character power significantly on that sort of level where you need to entirely rebalance the tree and/or monsters. Maybe some monster buffs. Some combos may give rise to a few unacceptable builds here and there resulting in some specific nerfs but the general way people will use these nodes is not going to take a character that can die in yellow lvl75 maps and make them suddenly afk faceroll -max, double extra as elemental, no regen, no leech nightmare vaaled lvl82 maps, not even remotely close to that sort of power creep.
I just tested that birdy again today, with aegis build.

That first time he was spamming that green barrage variation which does way more damage than his standard one, and was high rolling. Today I tested him again and saw how miserable rng was the first time, probably he was always criting me as well. Because I killed him like 50 times before and this never happened.
That kind of rng is equal to 3 ex drop in same map, it seems so. Probably that buff claim was irrelevant. But still that rng was unbelievable bad, which made me rage in confusion here.
Last edited by Andrius319 on Nov 28, 2015, 3:59:19 PM
I've been wondering this, they may remove 6 passive points from the normal tree (from rewards etc) - not that this would be enough - or increase monster health etc, or maybe a combination. I'm curious to see how they'll do it.
Don't forget that with ascendant expansion will come 2 new tilesets, which might mean that they will add more maps and they might be 83+ lvl maps.
"
Andrius319 wrote:
Don't forget that with ascendant expansion will come 2 new tilesets, which might mean that they will add more maps and they might be 83+ lvl maps.

Not worth the salt, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info