Huge problem with the new sub class skill tree

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
so play a templar summoner with sanctified ground etc.

Goddamn all of these posts make me lose faith in the creativity of this community.

Like seriously, out of the somewhat 12 "allies" oriented nodes and sub ascension classes you cant find a single one you dig? Or can build around?

The fuck is this crap, i thought this game promoted creativity and diversion. So why aren't i seeing any and just all of this doom and gloom crap without actually looking at whats presented (currently).

Peace,

-Boem-

Lack of information at this point. There's really no reason to start serious thought about stuff that will likely be changed. Most of this summoner talk is based on a reaction to the 100% life/damage to specters. That's too big to make it into the game as stated. It would either be vastly overpowering or necessary in order to make functional. "Double" is too big of a step for any sort of balance, unless you're doubling zero... which would mean there would be no point in playing specters with or without it.
It's not doubling life if you invest in minion life, which is what summoners do, right? A 20/20 minion life gem gives 64% increased minion life. Minion life in the tree is 110% Increased. So adding 100% to 174% is much less than doubling the spectre's life. Is that really too big to make it into the game?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Considering the fact that you can just grab that node and either drop the minion life gem or the passive nodes, it might be. Then again, maybe you need all of that for your minions to not die, which would make any summoner other than witch unplayable, which would be sad as well.

I will probably try to do at least one "atypical" build with Ascendancy, just cause, you know, it's fun.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Odoakar wrote:
I'm going to put this as simply as I can.

You used to be able to play shitty non-optimal, non-popular builds like Summoner Marauder.

You will still be able to play shitty non-optimal, non-popular builds like Summoner Marauder.

Everyone else will continue playing their Summoner Witch, only now they'll be able to make it even more optimal and efficient.

pretty much.

the whole "I used to be able to play sub optimal builds but now I cant because theyre sub optimal" thing... yeah thats never going to hold water.

"
Im just one of the crazy people that cant play a woman character in game :/
and I cant get over it.......... its just my mental block of sorts :_(
I started playing this game because it had that reedom to ply what you want with who you want
Now its gone and I have no strength to battle with you people about this
for me its the worst thing that happened to this game and I wont change my mind about this.......

:P i think the same way. Always male, except there is no other choice. And i made a jewel build....i had to take the scion.... no other choice there.

But then again i love those new changes.

Just think of a nice vampire witch, buy the iron maiden helmet, give her an awesome name and enjoy.
Op you played the new content already??? How is it so far?
"but i tell u its just fo' try, fo' peep n' fo' know"
"
Kavlor wrote:
And now it is a challenge instead of just being a skin.

^ THIS!

@OP: Finally this game's classes are something real and not just a crappy skin with a different starting location and you complain about it? Freedom of choice? Please add more drama to this topic. This isn't some useless stoneage bill of rights this is an online game!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I think it's very funny that people somehow think their special snowflake off-class build is going to be made obsolete with the Ascendancy- as if it's not already obsolete...

In fact, your niche build is probably going to get a large buff! Almost all of the subclasses I've seen have significant benefits for unusual builds. The champion subclass for duelist has some great party-support nodes, and the juggernaut for marauder is pretty well-rounded too. Even the necromancer witch could be used to benefit non-summoners (flesh and bone offering affecting me too? sign me up!).

Every build using non-optimal classes will be better off following the Ascendancy than it is now. The gap between snowflake builds and min-maxed builds may widen, but you will nonetheless be better off after the update than you are now.
Fuck ascendancy classes. If I still play PoE when the expansion arrives (currently very much questioning that scenario), I'll still be playing the master race, scion, regardless of how much more OP my build would be with other classes. And if my build would be too subpar compared to other ascensions, I can just scrap it and make a new one.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
I'll still be playing the master race, scion....

You mixed something up, scions are little girls. Go take a look at your char again, it is true! ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
the problem is you no longer can play a shadow,scion or templar summoner because the witch will be the superior one
there is no more freedom in this game

There always has and always will be a superior class to run any build, even if it is just by a few points, and the most min/maxing players will play that class for that build. This opens up a lot more, and different quirks to different things.
I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info