(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
Yoluun wrote:
I'm thinking about making this my 2nd character this league, wanting to take a break from my ED char. I'm not rich by any means though. How would you suggest allocating a starter 2 EX budget? What pieces to concentrate on? Should I be spreading the budget evenly across all my pieces, or are there one or two pieces I should basically break the bank for?

Lol, you can get most if not all of this build for 2 ex. Focus on getting all the needed uniques first, and get the best stats you can. Then, whatever currency you have left, spend that on good rares.
What do you all think of Ice Crash instead of Shield Charge in this build since the buff in 2.6?
"
Ciaphas01 wrote:
What do you all think of Ice Crash instead of Shield Charge in this build since the buff in 2.6?

meh gl making an ice crash build thanks to malthil
Lol maybe. I was thinking simply subbing in Ice Crash for Shield Charge in the OP's build tree, though. Even Mathil can't raise the price of quest gems :V
Has anybody tried Bronn's Lithe with this build?
livejamie
Have a question, at least for starting out, how is Wall of Brambles? 2000 armor is real nice. just wondering. THx. love the build btw!!!
i feel like this build is too squishy for the dmg output, or maybe im doing something wrong.

shield charge dmg feels really low with my equip, and even qith a 6L i see 10k tooltip, with 799 fb.

uber izaro just oneshots me (not talking about the "big smash" i mean normal melee hit, with lion's roar and basalt up)

any fix for this?
Last edited by stuntrr on Mar 12, 2017, 10:28:14 AM
"
stuntrr wrote:
i feel like this build is too squishy for the dmg output, or maybe im doing something wrong.

shield charge dmg feels really low with my equip, and even qith a 6L i see 10k tooltip, with 799 fb.

uber izaro just oneshots me (not talking about the "big smash" i mean normal melee hit, with lion's roar and basalt up)

any fix for this?

Mb you need Body, Boots and Shield with more armor?

Change Prismatic Ring to Iron or Steel?

Take better amulet?
Last edited by anbugz on Mar 12, 2017, 11:19:34 AM
General statement due to the repeated questions about the build being "squishy" or abyssus resulting in too much damage taken...

GUYS FOLLOW THE GUIDE! Every single time I hear/get a question about this, people are missing vital armour/other stuff that counteracts the effects of the abyssus. Our way of counterbalancing abyssus is:

1) rare shield with huge armour
2) chest with big armour (astral is ideal i believe), I use this over carcass/belly now)
3) a granite flask (this should be lion's roar... can have basalt as well if you don't have enough currency for taste of hate)
4) taste of hate for more mitigation
5) fortify
6) cwdt - IC - inc dura
7) big block! with the fully min max setup in OP I have 60 block base (this is endgame with red nightmare)
8) endurance charges (free from red nightmare, can use enduring cry if budgeted)
9) get a big life total... I have 7k + in std (this takes levels and big life/str rolls on gear)

Before asking, go down the list and get as many of these defensive mechanics as you can afford in your build.

"
anbugz wrote:
What will be better, Steel Rings or FB 950% in my setup.Playin in league.

Both are great. You can check path of building (type into google, DL from github) to see exactly what will net you more DPS. I'd personally start with the legacy FB since it's a unique opportunity to get them in league, and your iron rings are nice already.

"
Yoluun wrote:
I'm thinking about making this my 2nd character this league, wanting to take a break from my ED char. I'm not rich by any means though. How would you suggest allocating a starter 2 EX budget? What pieces to concentrate on? Should I be spreading the budget evenly across all my pieces, or are there one or two pieces I should basically break the bank for?

2 ex is a ton to get started. You should be able to farm t8-10 maps and maybe even do uber izaro (if you can avoid his smash attack) on budgeted character. Just get the most efficient pieces you can... there is a whole wealth of information on itemization in OP.

Get:
-5L astral
-780% + FB
-Legacy meginord
-iron rings and ammy with t1 phys and some life/res
-redblade tramplers for boots
-Aby with 42 or less inc dmg taken
-13% + aoe martial artistry
-single jewel with mana leech and 2x useful mods

If you take your time u can get all of this for 2 ex. This will take you very far... I was farming uber lab/shaped strand with this in a previous league.

"
Ciaphas01 wrote:

Try it out, I haven't had the time for testing. TBH though if I wanted a 6L skill for clear speed that isn't sc, I would probly switch things up and use cyclone with conc effect, and have herald of ash-inc burn-aoe-ele prolif setup for aoe. I think this would be a nicer playstyle and is more fun/niche.

If I have time to try ice crash I will let you know my results.

"
livejamie wrote:
Has anybody tried Bronn's Lithe with this build?

The damage on this chest is extremely nice. That said, we ARE NOT an evasion build. You can try it out and see if losing like 5k armour (from a 1.5k + armour chest) is worth the DPS gain for you. Also, this needs to be compared to the AOE you can get from carcass, which may be better for clear speed/life total.

"
skullgreed wrote:
Have a question, at least for starting out, how is Wall of Brambles? 2000 armor is real nice. just wondering. THx. love the build btw!!!

It is fine for starting out if you can get it cheap. In the end you will proby want an astral for the res/life, or a belly for the big life total.

"
stuntrr wrote:

any fix for this?

When you evaluate your DPS, you should put on conc effect, blood rage, get frenzy charges, drop totem, use flasks... because this is what you actually have vs bosses (i.e. when you need it... against uber izaro for instance). With all of this up, things should melt even with your gear.

To get higher DPS that what you find with all that active, here are some easy upgrades:
-Get Headsman (this should be your last 2 pts from uber lab... 20 % more dmg and more buffs are huge)
-Get 20/20 on all your gems
-Make sure to use conc effect vs bosses
-Get a steel ring with t1 phys vs your prismatic
-Get a t1 phys roll on your amulet
-Get jewels with better dps

To get higher defense/more sustain here are some easy things to do:
-Get merc lab, wtf man! You are missing brutal fervour which is a HUGE portion of our sustain (faster perma leech/stun immune/bleed immune)
-Get uber lab. You are missing -50% reflected damage
-Drop your redundant basalt flask for taste of hate (big physical mitigation here)
-Get a shield with 1500+ armour, this is a huge huge boost
-Get jewels with more life if you are missing them

I know this is all a lot, but what you do is charge merc lab, then incrementally get these upgrades wherever it's cheapest/easiest. As I said, I was farming uber lab in recent league on a couple ex budget, so it's doable. Hope this helps you man.
Last edited by demopolos on Mar 12, 2017, 10:52:11 PM
"
demopolos wrote:

"
anbugz wrote:
What will be better, Steel Rings or FB 950% in my setup.Playin in league.

Both are great. You can check path of building (type into google, DL from github) to see exactly what will net you more DPS. I'd personally start with the legacy FB since it's a unique opportunity to get them in league, and your iron rings are nice already.

ALready bought Steel rings, good ones met on poe.trade.

Spoiler

I became more faster, cannot imagine what will happen with Legacy FB. )))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info