(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
SpitfireXD wrote:
What should be my next gear upgrade?

I would get upgrades in roughly this order (but really go for the best deals you can find on this list):
-Replace your redundant life flask and maybe quicksilver with something useful.... getting granite and basalt will be great while you are saving up for lioneye > taste of hate > dying sun.
-Get a similar shield but with 1k-2k armour
-Replace your empyrean band with similar iron that has t1 phys (or better yet, steel!)
-Replace your ammy with similar that has t1 phys
-Get some decent 3x jewels if you don't have them yet

This should get you moving!

"
C4B4L wrote:
This Build is amazing and very funny :) With Abyssus the Bosses in merciless will die faster than in cruel. Thx for your great work!

Thanks! Yes, just megi/fb/abby/5L will take you to t10+ maps if you build the rest of your 5c rares and jewels properly. Enjoy :D.

"
livejamie wrote:
Has anybody tried a Scion version of this build with Heiro/Slayer to get two Ancestral Warchief totems?

How bad would it be?

Unfortunately I think it wouldn't compare. It would be worse than a berserker 2x warchief character for bosskilling, and worse than a slayer SC + 4L warchief for clearing.

Slayer is just ridiculously good, we don't want to lose:
-perma leech (and other leech buffs)
-15 % aoe
-20% life cull
-20% more dmg
-onslaught
- -50% dmg taken from reflect

"
Cruxos wrote:
Thanks again demopolos,

with this build I was able to reach T11 for the first time ever.

However I'm struggling with damage right now. I'm running Shield Charge with AW.

Shield Charge damage with Auras and Golem: 9,5k (not considering the APS)
Ancestral Warchief damage with Auras and Golem: 42k (or something)

Here is my profile:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Cruxos/characters

I know I have to switch out at least one of the rings and I still have to take 3 or 4 jewel slots.

Teach me, master.

You're welcome man! The good news is you have some VERY low hanging fruit for big gains.

Spk- I appreciate you offering him input but I REALLY would not drop the life, as he will need it to scale to high maps and farm uber.

Your main problem is actually that you have none of the dps flasks, which are a huge boost for us.

I would get upgrades in this order:
-Put a jewel in the slot u have that is totally empty
-Get a mana leech jewel with minmum 1-2 more useful mods (yours has ONLY leech, terribly innefficient)
-Get atziri flask... 40% "more" for 2 c!
-Get lioneye flask... 35 % "more" and 3k armour for cheap!
-Change your links... the 5th link is aoe/conc. This will help for clear speed in maps, and then you swap conc for dps on bosses (which is bigger than added fire, that is the least important link)

This alone will give you a huge, huge boost, and won't cost you much. After you've done these basics you can ask for input on upgrading gear pieces.
Ty for the build, rly enjoy it so faar.

Started with perma stun warchief, but it was rly pain to farm with it.

This one is rly a pleasure compared to it.

On question, what about "Redblade tramplers"? ..think they fit perfectly to this build. :)
How does this build fair in HC?
Literally the most fun I've ever had playing this game/leveling in general.

I have a question though, how do we solve our lack of int issue when it comes to certain gems and such like Lightning Golem, etc?
"
decyphier wrote:

I have a question though, how do we solve our lack of int issue when it comes to certain gems and such like Lightning Golem, etc?

Had the same problem...my solution was to rush up to "Resolute technique" passive.

From there when you continue to level up to "Amplify" u pick up all Int pasives too.

I still have the +30 Int passive skilled, till I find gear that cap my Int. :)

And ofc look for rings/amus with Int too.
the greatest start build i think. It's excellent for strand like t5-10 fast farming. However without top gear it will be quite difficult to run red maps with easy. Abyssus, hate it. It's now my most hated unique, cos still get almost one shooted on that fucking uber traps. GGG should make some bonuses or new uniques for unarmed to drop that fucking abyssus crap. Sorry my butt is in fire
"
CroDanZ wrote:
"
decyphier wrote:

Had the same problem...my solution was to rush up to "Resolute technique" passive.

From there when you continue to level up to "Amplify" u pick up all Int pasives too.

I still have the +30 Int passive skilled, till I find gear that cap my Int. :)

And ofc look for rings/amus with Int too.

Thanks.
"
CroDanZ wrote:
Ty for the build, rly enjoy it so faar.

Started with perma stun warchief, but it was rly pain to farm with it.

This one is rly a pleasure compared to it.

On question, what about "Redblade tramplers"? ..think they fit perfectly to this build. :)

I had the same experience with warchief builds... it's a great bosskiller but it feels so slow when compared to "active" builds. Better bosskiller but way, way slower mapping character.

Yea, great call on redblade tramplers! I meant to add this as an option in the guide a long time ago. They are a particularly good budget/transitional item. The issue at endgame, is that they are just not worth it when compared to a good rare. The nail in the coffin is the complete lack of life, which we need desperately. On top of that they are -5% move speed and terrible res. The flat phys is awesome though, if they had life I would probably use them.

"
1acadia1 wrote:
How does this build fair in HC?

It's viable for HC even with the abby if you prioritize life in tree and t1 on your items. I had a friend take this build unchanged to lvl 92 in HC. That said, there are more defensively oriented builds that are much safer. A gladiator version with 75/75 block and big life pool would be great here (surrender for some added life sustain, potentially BoR if you can deal with the dps loss).

"
decyphier wrote:

CroDanZ gave you solid advice. If I am not mistaken, we need ~40 total int from items once the tree is complete. In my case I just have an onyx base ammy with a 25 int roll from master to meet my needs. A 30 int node in tree and any ammy base with int will also suffice!

"
El_Tarlo wrote:
the greatest start build i think. It's excellent for strand like t5-10 fast farming. However without top gear it will be quite difficult to run red maps with easy. Abyssus, hate it. It's now my most hated unique, cos still get almost one shooted on that fucking uber traps. GGG should make some bonuses or new uniques for unarmed to drop that fucking abyssus crap. Sorry my butt is in fire

Abby is totally fine as long as you have a big armour shield. People saying this but ignoring my gearing advice in guide... don't use great old one's after you swap to abby. We NEED an armour shield. For example, my character goes from 6.5k with great old ones to 13.2k with a 2k armour shield. You can get a cheapo 1.5k armour shield with life even in league easily.

Take a look at the uber lab video in OP, you will notice I am not avoiding traps at all and just walking on them. It's not problematic with a bit of gearing. Hope this is useful!
"
if they had life I would probably use them.

They have life. :)

What I saw 70 life is the MAX on them.

But not sure about ancient version....mb they got buffed and the ancient had no life. :P

And the -5% move think dont rly matter, bcs we dash anyway from mob to mob.
Or is the move speed important too for faster charging?

On more addition for ur LVLing section in the guide: Titicus shield is awesome for leveling till maps. :)
Last edited by CroDanZ on Mar 9, 2017, 3:48:06 PM
"
CroDanZ wrote:

They have life. :)

What I saw 70 life is the MAX on them.

But not sure about ancient version....mb they got buffed and the ancient had no life. :P

And the -5% move think dont rly matter, bcs we dash anyway from mob to mob.
Or is the move speed important too for faster charging?

On more addition for ur LVLing section in the guide: Titicus shield is awesome for leveling till maps. :)

You are totally right. Now with the buff, they are a VERY solid choice for the build. I still think at very endgame good rares will win due to 5% MS, 10 life, 60-70+ more res. This can free up room for steel/deafening rings and a deafening ammy (loosens res reqs). But yea, for mid-game, these are amazing and only a few c!! Good catch.
Last edited by demopolos on Mar 9, 2017, 4:03:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info