(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

So build is still going to be viable that way ? Wuz planning on give it a go.
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
"
cjbLazin wrote:
So build is still going to be viable that way ? Wuz planning on give it a go.

if it isnt, you will find out and respec to a total 2h shield or cyclone or warchief, besides with legacy gear a possible booster this look like a fun league to play
I played this without Carcass and AOE jewls and it was still fun. So i imagine it will be enjoyable, even after the AOE nerfs. Especially with legacy facebreaker! Gonna play it tomorrow and respec to flicker, if i feel the AOE nerf is too big. As a league starter I would suggest leveling this build as warchief + any random mele skill. Shield charge is mana heavy early on and not enjoyable until you get enough flat phys. Warchief totem is extremly strong, even as a 3link.
Last edited by jan_zippo on Mar 2, 2017, 12:54:42 PM
Hi guys!

Apologies for my unresponsiveness... has been a busy time in my life. I will finish some testing with the new tree and gear (I am currently testing a slightly altered tree to accommodate red nightmare + possibly surrender), then update OP. There will be no major changes, likely just 3-4 nodes different around marauder start (getting the res nodes to hit 13 % free block) to optimize around the red nightmare.

To address the big questions asked, and themes from recent posts:

-The build WILL STILL BE TOTALLY VIABLE. I am sure the nerf to aoe will be ever so slightly noticeable, but not a big deal... we are in the middle of the road aoe investment category, and free swap aoe/conc effect for clear vs boss. It will be fine and probly not something you will feel.

-You can see my raw dps numbers (with frenzy/golem/auras/onslaught/vaal haste/flasks) with all my gear in the OP... everything being perf min/max is how they got to these levels. If you have the exact gear except non-legacy, expect 80 % the dps you see in OP if you are min/max and gg. The one thing that I think is off is the warchief, which I believe now is about 650-670k (screen was taken before 10 % dmg nerf). I will do a full set of new screens and stuff with build update when I get around to it.

-Yes, this build can kill shaper/guardians. No, it is not easy, and requires really good gear and knowledge of the fights. The build is optimized for fast farming t15-11 maps in 1.5 minutes, not for guardians and shaper (although they are all doable with tight play). If you want a meta build for destroying this content specifically, play HoWA BF/pathfinder BV. This is a super fast melee character for lvling to 100, farming maps, or farming uber lab... that is capable of scaling to the boss content as well but is not optimized for it.

"
demopolos wrote:
Hi guys!

Apologies for my unresponsiveness... has been a busy time in my life. I will finish some testing with the new tree and gear (I am currently testing a slightly altered tree to accommodate red nightmare + possibly surrender), then update OP. There will be no major changes, likely just 3-4 nodes different around marauder start (getting the res nodes to hit 13 % free block) to optimize around the red nightmare.

To address the big questions asked, and themes from recent posts:

-The build WILL STILL BE TOTALLY VIABLE. I am sure the nerf to aoe will be ever so slightly noticeable, but not a big deal... we are in the middle of the road aoe investment category, and free swap aoe/conc effect for clear vs boss. It will be fine and probly not something you will feel.

-You can see my raw dps numbers (with frenzy/golem/auras/onslaught/vaal haste/flasks) with all my gear in the OP... everything being perf min/max is how they got to these levels. If you have the exact gear except non-legacy, expect 80 % the dps you see in OP if you are min/max and gg. The one thing that I think is off is the warchief, which I believe now is about 650-670k (screen was taken before 10 % dmg nerf). I will do a full set of new screens and stuff with build update when I get around to it.

-Yes, this build can kill shaper/guardians. No, it is not easy, and requires really good gear and knowledge of the fights. The build is optimized for fast farming t15-11 maps in 1.5 minutes, not for guardians and shaper (although they are all doable with tight play). If you want a meta build for destroying this content specifically, play HoWA BF/pathfinder BV. This is a super fast melee character for lvling to 100, farming maps, or farming uber lab... that is capable of scaling to the boss content as well but is not optimized for it.

Thank you for the response, ill be looking out for ur edits and updates

Plan on playing this build for this season!
"
visage wrote:
Thank you for the response, ill be looking out for ur edits and updates

Plan on playing this build for this season!

I think it will serve you well! Extremely fast for getting to t15 maps, and awesome uber lab farmer (imo most consistent source of income from farming in league).

In the meantime feel free to look at my character "demopolos". Profile is public. Only changes are as follows atm:
-Added red nightmare gem
-Experimenting with surrender over rare (worth it if u can make res work and have red nightmare, not worth without this jew imo)
-Swapped a few nodes so that I connect with edge of tree through the res nodes west of marauder start instead of int/str travel nodes that go north (this let's us get 13 vs 9 block from red nightmare)

Build is otherwise unchanged, and these shifts don't affect things until you are at endgame in league anyway and have the expensive ass red nightmare. :D
If I'm reading this google doc showing the AoE % changes correctly, our closest equivalent is Q23:
- 2 clusters (we only have one, but we increase our AoE by 15% through Martial Artistry)
- Inc. AoE support
- Carcass Jack
- Slayer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/161PEMgaN6sHRy-tV7B06kP1_f6Ao9QNDGotXJcYpeHw/htmlview?sle=true#gid=84557241

Based on that, we're looking at a nearly 50% decrease in radius for shield charge, which is very substantial. Am I reading all of this correctly? If so, I may be changing my starter build.
"
Tarvalon2 wrote:
If I'm reading this google doc showing the AoE % changes correctly, our closest equivalent is Q23:
- 2 clusters (we only have one, but we increase our AoE by 15% through Martial Artistry)
- Inc. AoE support
- Carcass Jack
- Slayer

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/161PEMgaN6sHRy-tV7B06kP1_f6Ao9QNDGotXJcYpeHw/htmlview?sle=true#gid=84557241

Based on that, we're looking at a nearly 50% decrease in radius for shield charge, which is very substantial. Am I reading all of this correctly? If so, I may be changing my starter build.

The recommended aoe for fast clearing maps is currently (which is already overkill, we are fine losing some) is:
-amplify (15%)
-slayer (15%)
-martial artistry (15%)
-increased aoe (40%)

This is a 85% total, and according to this chart will be nerfed by about 35%. I think this won't feel terrible. We can just start using dying sun all the time by default and we will have nearly the same aoe as we do now. This can be swapped in for life flask if you move the bleed mod to your basalt (if you use one) or quicksilver. Alternatively this can go in place of taste of hate.

Another option is to ALWAYS use conc effect and pick up a couple aura nodes to run ele proliferation - added burn - aoe on our herald of ash. This works extremely well for clear speed if we want super aoe.

I have a strong feeling the build will be just fine.
Will the passive tree need changes from the front page with the new patch?

I just bought all the gear for this and also have the sockets colors and gems ready to go!
Hi,

are in the passive tree any changes for 2.6 or can i play this build easily today on league start without changes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info