(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

"
demopolos wrote:

Another option is to ALWAYS use conc effect and pick up a couple aura nodes to run ele proliferation - added burn - aoe on our herald of ash. This works extremely well for clear speed if we want super aoe.

I have a strong feeling the build will be just fine.

great, didn't know that option was there.
"
demopolos wrote:
Another option is to ALWAYS use conc effect and pick up a couple aura nodes to run ele proliferation - added burn - aoe on our herald of ash. This works extremely well for clear speed if we want super aoe.

A question, is this viable/better than our normal approach? Not having to swap inc. aoe and conc. is always a plus but how well does it perform during normal mapping and how much would we have to change our tree? I guess finding a 4L to put this in would be tough.
Last edited by Vedir on Mar 3, 2017, 8:57:29 AM
How can u farm uber lab? I mind izaro just one shotes me with 6.2k of life and medium/high gear. Do you think is an option remove abyssus for the fight and make it slower but safer?
"
Vedir wrote:
"
demopolos wrote:

A question, is this viable/better than our normal approach? Not having to swap inc. aoe and conc. is always a plus but how well does it perform during normal mapping and how much would we have to change our tree? I guess finding a 4L to put this in would be tough.

I think this is the path I'm going to take. Will be picking up the aura nodes SW of Duelist (we're already going right by them) and will drop either life or the Amplify cluster to grab those. Thoughts on which to drop?

Here are the gem adjustments:
Abyssus: CwDt lvl 6 + Immortal Call lvl 8 + Vulnerability lvl 9, Hatred
Armor: Shield Charge + Melee Phys + Added Fire + Faster Attacks + Conc. Effect + Fortify
Gloves (Delirium craft for 30% more DoT): Herald of Ash + Ele Prolif + Inc. Burning + Inc. AoE

For bosses, swap out Abyssus for BoR (with Cyclone gems). Also swap out Inc. AoE on gloves for max lvl Vulnerability (hard cast).

** Edit ** This leaves Hatred out of the setup for boss fights. Anyone have a solve for getting that back in? Thinking I'll just have another glove swap with HoA + Hatred + Vulnerability + ?
Last edited by Tarvalon2 on Mar 3, 2017, 12:25:26 PM
"
drocksmash wrote:
Will the passive tree need changes from the front page with the new patch?

I just bought all the gear for this and also have the sockets colors and gems ready to go!

"
iVeDAkiLLa wrote:
Hi,

are in the passive tree any changes for 2.6 or can i play this build easily today on league start without changes?

Just looked through the new tree, and yes the current one in OP is correct.

The only changes to tree in OP apply if and only if you use a red nightmare, in which case you change just a few passives to maximize it's use. You just drop the two travel nodes (int and str) and two health nodes, for the res/str/life travel nodes west of diamond skin.

This change only comes at endgame (for the free 4 block with red nightmare, making it efficient). You can see what this looks like here: poeurl.com/7rY

I will update OP with this option when time permits.

"
Vedir wrote:

"
Tarvalon2 wrote:

I think this is the path I'm going to take. Will be picking up the aura nodes SW of Duelist (we're already going right by them) and will drop either life or the Amplify cluster to grab those. Thoughts on which to drop?

Here are the gem adjustments:
Abyssus: CwDt lvl 6 + Immortal Call lvl 8 + Vulnerability lvl 9, Hatred
Armor: Shield Charge + Melee Phys + Added Fire + Faster Attacks + Conc. Effect + Fortify
Gloves (Delirium craft for 30% more DoT): Herald of Ash + Ele Prolif + Inc. Burning + Inc. AoE

For bosses, swap out Abyssus for BoR (with Cyclone gems). Also swap out Inc. AoE on gloves for max lvl Vulnerability (hard cast).

** Edit ** This leaves Hatred out of the setup for boss fights. Anyone have a solve for getting that back in? Thinking I'll just have another glove swap with HoA + Hatred + Vulnerability + ?

It's *different* than our normal approach. Overall there is a quality of life gain by not swapping and it will be probably slightly faster/similar for clear speed. That said it will lower boss dps as you need to pick up the aura nodes on the left side of the tree and use enlighten (or drop hatred to make room for mana reserve), and these points need to come from somewhere.

Overall, I would play the build as is, especially at the start of the league. I think the AoE will be enough, and the ele prolif is a bit more demanding to build around. I will put out a tree that gets those aura nodes so you have a reference sometime soon so you can test. It's 6 nodes different (drop some damage or life nodes for sovereignty) and making room for the 4L (requires us to drop things like enhance on blood rage and probably vaal haste, then reorganize gems).

"
MRChelos wrote:
How can u farm uber lab? I mind izaro just one shotes me with 6.2k of life and medium/high gear. Do you think is an option remove abyssus for the fight and make it slower but safer?

Uber lab is easy once you get the hang of it. There is only 1 thing that can 1 shot at 6.2k life from Izaro, and that is his smash. This skill has a big wind up and u can just step out of the way. The fight should end quickly if u pop your flasks, drop your totem, and go HAM with SC... for me it takes under 1 second. Watching the video in OP may help you.

Also, once you gain a few more levels and get around 6.5k life, you can facetank even izaro's smash and pay like 0 attention.

Does anyone have a screenshot or working link to the new passive skill tree?
the one in OP doesn't seem to work (for me) anymore...

Shield Charge tree at lvl 90: poeurl.com/ZSi
Your link for the passive tree doesn't open. The website is down perhaps? Could you post another link from another website. Thank you
I just made new links (old ones were before tree update) that should work now for the endgame tree. You will find one for red nightmare version, and one for regular. Sorry for the huge urls.... poeurl was down!

Endgame Shield Charge tree at lvl 99 (red nightmare variant): https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSHBLMFLQU8CbsLYQxwDPcOPBQgFE0UcRXsGJEaOBo-HOcnLyefL8wxnjJONZI6UjrhO7Y8BTwtPfxAoEa3R35IeEnVTeNQR1dUWGNZ814TXz9hUmLsZU1mVGhYaGVo8moecg9yqXTtdn92rHk5eu97jHzZfuB-4oIHg1-DzITEhNmE74WnhmCGtInYirOK8IzPj5mQVZOolG-eV6IApTWmV6mVrKqsr62Nr2yygLaKtz65HbyfvTa-p8BmwL_BgsT2xVPGrsqQz37SIdNv15bYvdl82sHcMuRR6UbqGO8O707vfPAf8i_yQfJF82_z3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

Endgame Shield Charge tree at lvl 99 (no red nightmare): https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQSHBLMFLQU8CbsLYQxwDPcOPBQgFE0UcRXsGJEaOBo-Jy8nny_MMZ4yTjWSOlI64Tu2PAU8LT38QKBGt0d-SHhJ1U3jUEdXVFhjWfNeE18_YVJi7GVNZlRnm2hYaGVo8nIPcql07XZ_dqx5OXrve4x82X7gfuKCB4Nfg8yExITZhO-Fp4ZghrSJ2IqzivCMz4-ZkFWTqJRvl3mbLZ5XogClNaZXqZWsqqyvrY2uPq9ssoC2irc-uR28n702vqfAZsC_wYLE9sVTxq7KkM9-02_Xlti92Xzawdwy5FHpRuoY7w7vTu988B_yQfJF82_z3fVh9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cv6P

When I have time I will add new leveling trees to the OP, but really this should be enough. Just get all the goodies immediately in the duelist area then go south and progress around the edge of the tree going west, then north.

Also for those questioning if the build still works, I had 1 gorge map so I thought I'd record a quick run. This is very sloppy and slower than usual, due to the -50% flask gen mod on the map... but still was 1:30. The build is totally fine, aoe nerf is noticeable but not problematic.

(2.6) t13 Gorge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLsEHpm1hM4&t=8s

Hope this helps guys!
Last edited by demopolos on Mar 3, 2017, 8:49:23 PM
So far this build is pretty awesome!

I need to do the lab to get those points, but I can farm t1/t2 maps pretty easily with what I have here (did not have much time to play yesterday).

Can someone take a look at my passives/items and give any feedback?

I am using belly of the beast but have still died several times (low health being level 73).
I am using lionseye and am considering buying a different shield.

thoughts on using carcass jack? the guide says I will sacrifice survivability, I think I will try one out and see how it goes.

I was also going to drop hatred and run grace instead for the attack speed boost.
This has probably been answered before, but there are so many pages^^:

How do you sustain mana? You didnt put a point in a mana leech node. Do you use jewels for this?

Thanks for the help

PS: Leveling with this is sooooo much fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info