(2.6) Demopolos' Ultimate Facebreaker: 6L Shield Charge (500k) or Cyclone (1.4m) w/ 4L Warchief

Hi there took your advice uber lab became pretty much a breeze. However, i was recently attempting the guardians with cyclone and i found that the chimera fight was pretty undo-able for me. Not the boss itself but the adds which he spawns seem to swarm me real quick without me being able to face tank them.

Wondering if you had any advice for the chimera fight. Thank you!
Last edited by m4rilyn on Jan 15, 2017, 5:30:33 AM
@demopolos I was thinking about respeccing the 2 shield block and block recovery nodes which lead to Testudo and put one point on shield defences and testudo again, so I can have 1 more skill point to reach the last life node for Devotion.
can it be a good idea? do we absolutely need those block and recovery node or can I replace them for those life nodes at level 91? thanks!

ps- another question: what if I swap level 2 enhance for a level 3 enlighten to support the aura gems, I'll lose a few attack speed but could solve my mana issues, at least in part, without taking mana nodes :)

ps- last noob question, I promise XD. Do you think that we may lose the golem and enhance support to run this setup: blade vortex - curse on hit - vulnerability/enfeeble - increased duration to add a bit aggro or defense against guardians?
Last edited by Giammafix on Jan 17, 2017, 1:55:35 PM
Hi,how did you crafted the steel rings or what do you recommend for crafting them(like essences,alt spam+regal?)
Also can you please tell me/us the dps on cyclone with 800% fb gloves?
"
m4rilyn wrote:
Hi there took your advice uber lab became pretty much a breeze. However, i was recently attempting the guardians with cyclone and i found that the chimera fight was pretty undo-able for me. Not the boss itself but the adds which he spawns seem to swarm me real quick without me being able to face tank them.

Wondering if you had any advice for the chimera fight. Thank you!

Great you are dominating uber lab now! :D

The chimera fight is probly the hardest guardian for this build, though definitely doable. To be honest, I usually die 1-2 times on it unless I play well (have only done in deathless a couple times on this character).

Some tips:
-As soon as he goes into smoke clouds quickly run through all of them so he doesn't get too many free hits in before he reappears
-Be careful in managing flasks... you want to ideally have them up for the "boss" of each of the 3 waves of guys he spawns (the extra res from atziri flask helps a lot vs the chaos viper guys)
-As soon as he disappears to start spawning mobs, sprint to the doors (with move flask), and you can often kill the mobs before they even start swinging... this is a great way to stack your overleech without taking damage

Hope this helps!

"
Giammafix wrote:
@demopolos I was thinking about respeccing the 2 shield block and block recovery nodes which lead to Testudo and put one point on shield defences and testudo again, so I can have 1 more skill point to reach the last life node for Devotion.
can it be a good idea? do we absolutely need those block and recovery node or can I replace them for those life nodes at level 91? thanks!

ps- another question: what if I swap level 2 enhance for a level 3 enlighten to support the aura gems, I'll lose a few attack speed but could solve my mana issues, at least in part, without taking mana nodes :)

ps- last noob question, I promise XD. Do you think that we may lose the golem and enhance support to run this setup: blade vortex - curse on hit - vulnerability/enfeeble - increased duration to add a bit aggro or defense against guardians?

Let me try to answer all of your questions:
-If you have a 2k armour shield, the changes you suggest are: + 800 flat armour, +1 passive, - 4% block. This is fine if you are desperate to free up a passive for some life, though I think that in general 2 block is probly better than 800 armour once you are already over 10k no flasks. Reasonable change... I used to have it this way! Also the 40 % shield defense node is much better if you use a belly vs astral (you need the 800 flat more with lower armour chest).
-If you have a level 2 enhance, it's not even worth using imo (this is only +2 % attack speed). Picking up enlight to smooth your mana is a totally fine change as well. That said, you shouldn't have mana problems if you have dps and a mana leech mod on a jewel/ring/ammy. I might drop enhance for something else (reckoning? manual cast enduring cry for bosses?)
-I WOULD NOT drop golem. It is a very efficient use of a single link. I really am not a big face of the BV curse on hit setup. This takes up an entire 3 links to curse enemies... and it's not even automatic. You have to stop and cast BV, which I find to be very awkward with our playstyle. I think that the best options for cursing are: 1) vuln on hit fb, 2) curse on cwdt (this goes off all the time... better than it might look, and only takes 1 link without manual cast), 3) manual cast (not fun, but you have it up when you need it... you are casting something anyway with BV and it takes 3 precious links). Keep in mind that curses are NOT that big of a deal, as they only work with 40 % effectiveness on bosses. Imo lvl 1 cwdt is the best way for most fb setups to curse (outside of bleed/poison setups that might warrant blasph-vuln aura).

Let me know if this all makes sense.

"
fenderbullet wrote:
Hi,how did you crafted the steel rings or what do you recommend for crafting them(like essences,alt spam+regal?)
Also can you please tell me/us the dps on cyclone with 800% fb gloves?

So I have crafted maybe 15 deafening steel rings. I have yet to personally hit a truly gg one (with t1 life + some useful stats). You can self-craft and expect to get something usable... though it will be very rare to get the high life roll that is so desirable here.

Personally, I scanned market and bought my gg steel. Mid range ones aren't that bad... for example I have a deafening steel ring with a 40 life roll and some other useful stats for sale for a couple ex in std.

I just checked, and with 797% FB, with auras, golem, frenzy charges, vaal haste, and my flasks... I am hitting 1.13 million cyclone dps.
"
demopolos wrote:

Let me try to answer all of your questions:
-If you have a 2k armour shield, the changes you suggest are: + 800 flat armour, +1 passive, - 4% block. This is fine if you are desperate to free up a passive for some life, though I think that in general 2 block is probly better than 800 armour once you are already over 10k no flasks. Reasonable change... I used to have it this way! Also the 40 % shield defense node is much better if you use a belly vs astral (you need the 800 flat more with lower armour chest).
-If you have a level 2 enhance, it's not even worth using imo (this is only +2 % attack speed). Picking up enlight to smooth your mana is a totally fine change as well. That said, you shouldn't have mana problems if you have dps and a mana leech mod on a jewel/ring/ammy. I might drop enhance for something else (reckoning? manual cast enduring cry for bosses?)
-I WOULD NOT drop golem. It is a very efficient use of a single link. I really am not a big face of the BV curse on hit setup. This takes up an entire 3 links to curse enemies... and it's not even automatic. You have to stop and cast BV, which I find to be very awkward with our playstyle. I think that the best options for cursing are: 1) vuln on hit fb, 2) curse on cwdt (this goes off all the time... better than it might look, and only takes 1 link without manual cast), 3) manual cast (not fun, but you have it up when you need it... you are casting something anyway with BV and it takes 3 precious links). Keep in mind that curses are NOT that big of a deal, as they only work with 40 % effectiveness on bosses. Imo lvl 1 cwdt is the best way for most fb setups to curse (outside of bleed/poison setups that might warrant blasph-vuln aura).

Let me know if this all makes sense.

Well, I'll link here my actual gear and defensive stats to give you an idea. My character tab is public anyway, if you want to check gear, passive tree or gem setup.
I have a bit less than 6500 life at the moment, which can raise to near 6600 at next level picking the other life node.
I don't know if it's fine for a melee character, I don't have many problems vs physical bossess (unless there are dangerous mods), but Breachlords and bosses with large elemental damage burst are giving me a hard time, that's why I was thinking about giving up some block chance and recovery for more life.
I'm following your recommended setup, have life on all my jewels and of course the essential mana leech jewel. Unfortunately it's not easy to find good steel rings or amulets in league, the few decent ones on the market are ridicolously overpriced :(
Lately, I'm not having too many mana issues, they just happen when I'm in party and people kill mobs preventing me to leech and refill my mana, and sometimes when the bosses hit really hard (uber atziri etc.) and I need to spam my shield charge to dodge any incoming attack.
Reckoning is a great idea, didn't think about it! I could give it a try :) Thanks for clarifying about the curse setup, I'm using the CWDT linked with Vulnerability now, like you have recommended in the guide.
One thing I could do to add more life is respeccing the two armour nodes to the jewel into the two intelligence ones to the other jewel, so I have the intelligence to respec the two nodes for Versatility and put them into 2 more life nodes.
I'm linking my current gear below:

Spoiler

these are my stats
Spoiler

thanks for the help! :D
Last edited by Giammafix on Jan 25, 2017, 5:58:10 AM
One thing I don't like about these types of build is they show stats for standard league when they have legacy stuff. It misleading thinking you can do that much damage with non-legacy until you find the legacy version. Usually people don't make builds involving legacy stuff. 1: a lot of people look at forums for up to date with league builds. 2: legacy equipment is usually very expensive if their legacy version is much stronger than the new one. You should update it to be shown for non-legacy because not a lot of people will be willing to spend a shit load for the legacy version of FB and then somewhere in the forum say what it stats can be with a legacy instead of having the legacy version first.
I don't get how you don't run out of mana... no matter what I do after a couple SC i need to use a flask
"
sikah2 wrote:
I don't get how you don't run out of mana... no matter what I do after a couple SC i need to use a flask

you have to consider that shield charge is 6-linked. Because of this, it will consume a lot of mana if you don't leech; the matter is, shield charge is often useful to dodge incoming dangerous attacks (especially from bosses like guardians or atziri) and sometimes you're forced to spam it to quickly reposition yourself.
Indeed, the "mana leech jewel" only works while you're leeching; if you start using the shield charge as mobility skill, OR try and spam Ancestral warchief because a boss is giving you hard times and you have to keep some distance, you'll find yourself without mana in a matter of seconds. And if you're in a party and people starts killing mobs before you without giving you the chance to hit them, you'll have the same situation.
It's just how the build works: you have to take some practice to manage your mana when you're not leeching, and if you're in a party just follow the guys ahead using a quicksilver flask and a bit less your shield charge
Last edited by Giammafix on Jan 24, 2017, 3:20:20 PM
Alrighty, got a ring with some mana leech and it's pretty fine right now.
Could anyone tell me what to improve next/most on my gear?
Does anybody know how this compares to CoC Vortex?

Have you considered maybe using Tukohama's Fortress to help with single target?
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info