Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

added previous post about clases to 1st post :)
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Hey i was wondering if the volatxic version of the build is dead after the ele reflect changes for the elementalist's ascendancy.
I recently bought one for the purpose of using it for this build but i can't decide whether or not elementalist or occultist is the best choice.
Occultist gives the nice - 20% chaos res and the 20% chance to make enemies explode for 1/4 of their hp as chaos dmg.
Elementalist on the other hand triviliazes reflect along with voltaxic and also gives "perma" shock/freeze/burn and the area of effect + ele dmg every 10 secs and the 2 golems meaning you can have a chaos and a lightning golden scaling both types of damage thus double dipping cause of the lightning to chaos conversion from voltaxic
Last edited by HeliosGR on Jun 16, 2016, 8:03:18 AM
"
HeliosGR wrote:
Hey i was wondering if the volatxic version of the build is dead after the ele reflect changes for the elementalist's ascendancy.
I recently bought one for the purpose of using it for this build but i can't decide whether or not elementalist or occultist is the best choice.
Occultist gives the nice - 20% chaos res and the 20% chance to make enemies explode for 1/4 of their hp as chaos dmg.
Elementalist on the other hand triviliazes reflect along with voltaxic and also gives "perma" shock/freeze/burn and the area of effect + ele dmg every 10 secs and the 2 golems meaning you can have a chaos and a lightning golden scaling both types of damage thus double dipping cause of the lightning to chaos conversion from voltaxic

I don't think voltaxic rift version is dead. Now bow reduce reflect by 60% and calmity node by 40% so bow is still better. Using wand just give more dmg.

It is hard to tell what build is better but I would go with elementalist anyway and took paragon of calmity as last ascendancy node or I would get Mastermind of Discord with cold skill in CWDT or cold spell as gloves enchant (if it allow to apply mastermind buff).
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
made small changes in leveling guide.
hey kamil, i was wondering if it's possable to make this witch into a lacerate/shield charger, seem's sheset to be melee except for a few miner changers, like getting rid of spell damage and faster casting, and switch over to other side and take the es nods.

this is what i'm thinking of,

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHBLMI9BBYES0RLxFQFVAWbxa_GGoaOBpsGyUc3B1PH8ci9CSqJpUnLysKK3gsnC2LMtE1uTY9Nuk6WDrYPAU9X0VHRZ1GcUmxS65Ms1BCUlNTNVNSVEdVS1XGVkhYB1v0XGtd8mHiYqxmVGjyakNremwLbIxtGXX9dhF4L3mhfIN85YKbgwmD24RIhG-FMoV7i5mMNo8aj0aQVZD6kyeXlZf0mjua4Juhnaqdrp7En9-hL6IApn-mvqcIpyu0DLVIuW-86r6KwFTAZsNtyL_K09Af1AfUQtfP2CTZW9rd3I3fbd-K4tXjaukC62Pr7uw47UHvfO-I7-vwH_fB99f5Nw==
Life sucks; but damn i'm havin a ball doin it.
Last edited by Nuitariwolf on Jun 19, 2016, 12:37:46 PM
"
Nuitariwolf wrote:
hey kamil, i was wondering if it's possable to make this witch into a lacerate/shield charger, seem's sheset to be melee except for a few miner changers, like getting rid of spell damage and faster casting, and switch over to other side and take the es nods.

this is what i'm thinking of,

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQQHBLMI9BBYES0RLxFQFVAWbxa_GGoaOBpsGyUc3B1PH8ci9CSqJpUnLysKK3gsnC2LMtE1uTY9Nuk6WDrYPAU9X0VHRZ1GcUmxS65Ms1BCUlNTNVNSVEdVS1XGVkhYB1v0XGtd8mHiYqxmVGjyakNremwLbIxtGXX9dhF4L3mhfIN85YKbgwmD24RIhG-FMoV7i5mMNo8aj0aQVZD6kyeXlZf0mjua4Juhnaqdrp7En9-hL6IApn-mvqcIpyu0DLVIuW-86r6KwFTAZsNtyL_K09Af1AfUQtfP2CTZW9rd3I3fbd-K4tXjaukC62Pr7uw47UHvfO-I7-vwH_fB99f5Nw==

I don't know. I have never played shield charge build.
I wanted to try ball lightning for this new league, and found this guide, and another one. I generally play self found, but ended up trading for a call of the brotherhood ring; to test out the waters with cold damage. In the end, my build doesn't reflect your much, but I wanted to bring up some things I use, and ask for your opinion on them.
Items/gems
Spoiler

Passives
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAGRBAcEswj0DR8QWBM1Fm8XLxekGF0Yaho4Gmwb8RzcHwIfxySqJy8o-it4LJwt0jI0NZI2xTbpOlg62DrhPAU8KEGHRKtFnUbXTLNSU1NSVa5VxlXWVkhYB18qZOdmVGaeaPJtGXGFcg92EXgvfOV-x4CkghCCm4LHg9uFMoV7jxqPRo-mkFWQ-pRvl5WX9Jo7muCboZy-na6f36IAplenCK3xsUK3PriTwFTAZtQH1abYJNi92rna3dyN323fit-w42rk7OWL6-Tr7uw47TzvfPAf8kXzEfno-tL-Cg==

Gems/items Setups
Spoiler

Items:
Bitterdream gives a bunch of stuff to increase my damage and freeze chance and such. I had a tabula before I found that, and while my tooltip DPS was cut in half, my actual damage output barely changed.
Singularity gives hinder, which has a semi-small AoE. I'm not sure if radius passives increase it, but I think it might.
Other uniques are pretty self explanitory, and the rares are to get my resists capped.

Skills:
Ball light on bitterdream = lots of freeze = more defenses
orb of storms+herald+frostbite on hit = Frostbite is always up on everything (rather than applying 2 curses which may not be up 100% of the time)
Golems+life+knockback: Great DPS from their buffs being doubled, great tanks, and knockback = more defensive. If I can 5L, I want to add attack speed.
CWDT+ball+temp chains on hit: Super defensive, especially combined with slow from singularity
CWDT+ball+blind+flee= more defenses, works on curse immune
Clarity: Wish I could get rid of it, but I use MoM for the extra 30% damage mitigation, since my HP is low (3500ish) Considering trying artic armor instead, maybe the DR will make up for the regen loss.

Other Notes:
Spoiler
None of these items require any financial investment, other than the brotherhood ring, and they are all pretty common drops. In standard, you could likely get all of this for 1 exalted (I imagine).
The only map that rocks me so far is blood magic; though I havent completed a map above level 12 yet. My biggest weakness is heavy hitting bosses. I have been 1 shot quite a few times.
As you see, most of my gems are level 18-19 still, and without quality. I'm sure having all 20/20 gems would make me 30% better overall.

Hopefully you can give me some tips, or try some of these things to see how they compare. I'm not a great gamer, pretty casual. Thanks for the build!
"
Glorn2 wrote:
I wanted to try ball lightning for this new league, and found this guide, and another one. I generally play self found, but ended up trading for a call of the brotherhood ring; to test out the waters with cold damage. In the end, my build doesn't reflect your much, but I wanted to bring up some things I use, and ask for your opinion on them.
Spoiler

Items/gems
Spoiler

Passives
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAGRBAcEswj0DR8QWBM1Fm8XLxekGF0Yaho4Gmwb8RzcHwIfxySqJy8o-it4LJwt0jI0NZI2xTbpOlg62DrhPAU8KEGHRKtFnUbXTLNSU1NSVa5VxlXWVkhYB18qZOdmVGaeaPJtGXGFcg92EXgvfOV-x4CkghCCm4LHg9uFMoV7jxqPRo-mkFWQ-pRvl5WX9Jo7muCboZy-na6f36IAplenCK3xsUK3PriTwFTAZtQH1abYJNi92rna3dyN323fit-w42rk7OWL6-Tr7uw47TzvfPAf8kXzEfno-tL-Cg==

Gems/items Setups
Spoiler

Items:
Bitterdream gives a bunch of stuff to increase my damage and freeze chance and such. I had a tabula before I found that, and while my tooltip DPS was cut in half, my actual damage output barely changed.
Singularity gives hinder, which has a semi-small AoE. I'm not sure if radius passives increase it, but I think it might.
Other uniques are pretty self explanitory, and the rares are to get my resists capped.

Skills:
Ball light on bitterdream = lots of freeze = more defenses
orb of storms+herald+frostbite on hit = Frostbite is always up on everything (rather than applying 2 curses which may not be up 100% of the time)
Golems+life+knockback: Great DPS from their buffs being doubled, great tanks, and knockback = more defensive. If I can 5L, I want to add attack speed.
CWDT+ball+temp chains on hit: Super defensive, especially combined with slow from singularity
CWDT+ball+blind+flee= more defenses, works on curse immune
Clarity: Wish I could get rid of it, but I use MoM for the extra 30% damage mitigation, since my HP is low (3500ish) Considering trying artic armor instead, maybe the DR will make up for the regen loss.

Other Notes:
Spoiler
None of these items require any financial investment, other than the brotherhood ring, and they are all pretty common drops. In standard, you could likely get all of this for 1 exalted (I imagine).
The only map that rocks me so far is blood magic; though I havent completed a map above level 12 yet. My biggest weakness is heavy hitting bosses. I have been 1 shot quite a few times.
As you see, most of my gems are level 18-19 still, and without quality. I'm sure having all 20/20 gems would make me 30% better overall.

Hopefully you can give me some tips, or try some of these things to see how they compare. I'm not a great gamer, pretty casual. Thanks for the build!

Hi, it looks like solid build. It nice to see another BL user. :D
In tree is seems like your build focus more on damage rather than defence. In tree you have more damage but less life and energy shield comparing to elementalist tree.

Does you freeze a lot of mobs? I have tried call of brotherhood in past on this build but without bit succces. Maybe I should try again?
Could you also write how is 3(7) link working in your sceptr? I saw someone using it with ice nova so if you use brotherhood ring it probably also work good. Brotherhood is cool ring but I have not seen reason to use it on non crit version I think gold ring with life res work better.

About slow down from singularity sceptre. I have tested it with temporal chains and chill and it does not give big difference over waht temp chains already give, also singularity work only in very small area.

If I can give some tips then:
- I would not use clarity, Warlord's mark should be enough to maintain mana. Clarity probably help in non regen maps. but I would try to use herald of ice (or Arctic armour) instead.
- I would rather use this CWDT setup: low level temp chains - Immortal call - increased duration. Rather than what you have in boots. I would lost a bit of slowdown but curse would apply to mobs faster and Immortal call is better than charges in most situations.

Do you have any video of your build? I would like to see how it looks in action with Brotherhood ring and casting 2 BL on CWDT most looks cool.
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 22, 2016, 1:48:56 AM
currently lvling in league with your specc. loving it! :)

trying to get better gear for maps, atm nearly all of my items are selffound. in 1-2 weeks i hope i can handle higher tier maps :)

good job with this guide!
"
Metaldan139 wrote:
currently lvling in league with your specc. loving it! :)

trying to get better gear for maps, atm nearly all of my items are selffound. in 1-2 weeks i hope i can handle higher tier maps :)

good job with this guide!

Hey, It is always cool to hear that someone is enjoying this build. Thanks. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info