Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Elementalist - Flameblast Vortex Arc Fire Storm Ice Nova Ball Lightning, strong and cheap vid guide

Small update gow thisbuild is going in Essence.
I am playing in essence and so far highest map I did is tier 14 mineral pools. Level 8 at the moment. I am playing with shock nova and got 82% atlas bonus. Managed to 6-link my chest with less than 200 fusings. "nerf" for one of elementalist node is not bad. Trash mobs die anyway and new bonus now help while fighting bosses. Decoy totem is strong and I'm afraid GGG will nerf it somehow in 2.5. lol.

My gear:
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Sep 24, 2016, 5:43:21 PM
I've leveled to 70 with firestorm and just started using arc, but the chain limit feels kind of bad.
Is it viable to play non crit arc? And what about using Call of the Brotherhood and Herald of Ice along with it?
Last edited by cavaleironegrodastrevasbr on Sep 27, 2016, 9:28:17 AM
"
I've leveled to 70 with firestorm and just started using arc, but the chain limit feels kind of bad.
Is it viable to play non crit arc? And what about using Call of the Brotherhood and Herald of Ice along with it?

I dont know what "vialbe" is. I personally think it is OK. I had no problems with arc in previous league in t10-11 maps.

You can try call of brotherhood and HoI but I doubt if freeze will proc often enough to make it good. This combo is very good for crti version but not non-crit in my opinion.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Hi, I feel like I have maxed out your tree at Lvl 82. Is this correct or have I missed something? I added lightning walker at 83 until i find out.

My passive tree :- https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjBAcEswceB6UI9A5IDlwQWBEtES8RUBGWFm8Wvxo4Gmwc3B_HIvQkqiaVJy8rCit4LJwtizW5Nj026TpYOtg8BT1fRX5FnUZSSVFJsUmyTLNSU1NSVEdVS1XGVkhd8l8qYeJirGZUakNq-mt6bAtsjG0ZdhF8g3_GghCCm4PbhXuMNo8akFWTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7muCdqp2unsSf36EvogCmvqcIpyuvm7zqvorAVMBmyL_QH9Wm18_YJN-w42rkIutj6-Tr7uw47TzvfO-I7-vwH_DV-Tf8TA==?accountName=billy393&characterName=Madame_Firefly

Also would you recommend using this wand? Please disregard sockets.

And this Armour?

Finally what are your thought on Lightning warp compared to flame dash for this build?

Thanks heaps
"
billy393 wrote:
Hi, I feel like I have maxed out your tree at Lvl 82. Is this correct or have I missed something? I added lightning walker at 83 until i find out.

My passive tree :- https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAALjBAcEswceB6UI9A5IDlwQWBEtES8RUBGWFm8Wvxo4Gmwc3B_HIvQkqiaVJy8rCit4LJwtizW5Nj026TpYOtg8BT1fRX5FnUZSSVFJsUmyTLNSU1NSVEdVS1XGVkhd8l8qYeJirGZUakNq-mt6bAtsjG0ZdhF8g3_GghCCm4PbhXuMNo8akFWTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7muCdqp2unsSf36EvogCmvqcIpyuvm7zqvorAVMBmyL_QH9Wm18_YJN-w42rkIutj6-Tr7uw47TzvfO-I7-vwH_DV-Tf8TA==?accountName=billy393&characterName=Madame_Firefly

Also would you recommend using this wand? Please disregard sockets.

And this Armour?

Finally what are your thought on Lightning warp compared to flame dash for this build?

Thanks heaps

HI, sory for late answer.

If you maxed tree then go for dmg/energy shield based on what you need more.

Wand looks OK. The armour don't have life, I would rather use rare chest with high es and life.

If you find LW better then use it. I prefer flame dash becasue Lightnning warp feel weird for me sometimes I cast it but it doesn't work, sometimes it work with delay.

Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 16, 2016, 1:28:14 PM
Kamil, thank you for this build, I'm having a blast with a ball lightning witch. Currently lvl 71 in ESC and breezing through T1-4 maps.

Some questions for more experienced players, please.

1. What's best for applying curses?

a) Blasphemy - range is really small. I don't like to get too close to mobs. Will use it for Temporal Chains once I start using Doedre's ring.
b) Herald of Thunder - you gotta kill something before the rest is cursed, and you never get everyone in a large pack
c) Orb of Storms - is what I'm using atm, but again the range is too small for my liking. When I'm offscreening stuff, I'm out of leech
d) another BL setup - seen it on some chars, but I don't get why? If we don't care about damage, wouldn't another spell with faster application and larger AOE be better, like Sparks or Arc?

2. Which 6th link?

I'm playing ssf, but have been pretty lucky with drops. Got Moonsorrow, Doedre's helm and ring, and a 6-link chest from a "all items are fully linked" strongbox in Lunaris temple. The base is pretty lousy, but it should carry me well into mid-level maps IF I can make a decision what to take as sixth link.
Slower projectiles or Controlled destruction? I'm leaning towards CD, but not sure if Elemental Overload still makes sense with only 5% crit chance.

3. Mind over Matter

If I wanted to use MoM as an additional layer of defense, how much mana/mana regen should I have with 85% reserved (AA, HoT and Blasphemy)?

4. Eldrich Battery / Ghost Reaver
Alternatively, I'm thinking about using this combination. How much ES should I have for the switch?

My gear:

Just wanted to leave a quick thank you here!
I'm not like a horrendously experienced player and this is my second character I took into late/endgame, but I enjoy my ball-lightning witch quite a lot. Maps to about T10/11 are really doable without too many risks, just struggling with some of those rippier bossfights.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your efforts, it is much appreciated!
Keep it up! =)
Been playing this build for a few weeks now and love it!

Had the game since release but haven't really played it much since the first year, came back for essence league as a friend was playing too. Tried summoner build, easy beginning but pain in the arse for long term. Tried Face-breaker with ice-crash and again, just didn't get on with it.

This build though? It's so versatile for spells of choice, the lovely little defensive details really made me smile when I started seeing them save my life in time for a quick flame-dash out of trouble!

I will post more in an edit in the future, just made 81 and thought it was about time I made a feedback post, but I have a few questions I'll put to you later once I remember them all!

I have very small changes in mine as haven't found a vaal haste(Use blind-support for both golems instead) yet and no 6-link yet(I am casual, feels like a long way away atm, never seen an exalted orb yet!) but it's just a delight to play this build, though I haven't budged from using Ball-lightning yet and I wish flame-dash just went as far towards your cursor as it could right-away!

If I could sum the build up in one word, it would be "Sharp"

Thanks again!

Trev
Anyone know if this will be good for 2.6? Hoping to play SSF with it.
AFAIK it doesnt use any nerfed uniques / spells so it should probably be fine. Perhaps it even has a buff if you're going Shock Nova due to the upgraded damage..
Last edited by SlamBro on Mar 3, 2017, 8:31:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info