UPDATED 2.2 [ELE] | [2.0][Darkshrine HC] Crit Ice Spears! MoM + EB with ZO

"
Zerglee wrote:
Thanks, I was wondering maybe if you can break the skill tree into 3 different sections also? Like a leveling one, mid game one and then late game or changes u can do etc?

Sure, I'll do my best, my leveling when I did this build was really weird since I had different builds in mind from the start.

Start with this: Go Eldritch Battery and Zealot's Oath last, once you have near 2k ES.

Leveling with flame totem and firestorm until merciless is how i usually like to do it.

From there start getting critical hit related nodes and then switch to ice spear:

After that you can either get more health nodes, or get celestial judgement + celestial punishment on the far left side of the tree for more damage.

Good luck!
Last edited by sumding on Jan 10, 2016, 1:46:29 AM
Just in case you are unaware of it, your skill tree links are broken. On the positive side, copy and paste work just fine to access your skill tree.

Thank you for an easy and understandable build guide. Following it right now.
"
Just in case you are unaware of it, your skill tree links are broken. On the positive side, copy and paste work just fine to access your skill tree.

Thank you for an easy and understandable build guide. Following it right now.

I'm guessing you're referring to how you cant click on the url to go to the tree? I never set it up so you could in the first place, didn't think it would make too much of a difference. Perhaps I'll make it so just for convenience.

And thanks for the compliments, good luck with your character.
Okay, that answers that question.

Another question: Is it my imagination or is Ice Spear more devastating the farther away the target?

To me, it seems that Ice Spear is at it's maximum efficiency from mid-screen to the edge of the screen. Initial target doesn't really seem to make a difference. The target at the edge of the screen could be the fourth hit or the initial target, it still explodes. Once the multiple projectiles have a chance to focus in a specific direction, as opposed to spraying around, the crit is on.

Just curious.

edit: removed an s
Last edited by BrokenAndAlone on Jan 11, 2016, 4:13:36 PM
Have you tested a chaos conversion of this build ?
With:
- pyre ring
- the unique dagger and chest that convert fire to chaos

Or the best idea is still to stack crit multiplier ?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
No I haven't tried it, but I don't think chaos conversion will make too huge of a difference. Crit multi seems to be the most efficient way to scale ice spear, since you get 95% crit chance. If enemy elemental resistance is hampering you, you can use frostbite, and/or cold pen if you get a 6-link or are willing to use a tabula.
Last edited by sumding on Jan 12, 2016, 7:44:03 AM
Thanks for your build.

What do you think about Ice Golem instead of Chaos Golem to increase crit chance?
&
How to be protected of elemental reflects?
Last edited by FatalBlondeux on Mar 2, 2016, 4:15:54 PM
Update ur map please
"
FatalBlondeux wrote:
Thanks for your build.

What do you think about Ice Golem instead of Chaos Golem to increase crit chance?
&
How to be protected of elemental reflects?

If you need more crit chance to reach max, go ahead and use ice golem. I think that ice golem will be the go to golem now in 2.2, with that new elementalist passive.

Elemental reflect isn't too much trouble, thanks to MoM. Just take it carefully, and no, you can't do ele reflect maps.
"
letitgray wrote:
Update ur map please

You mean record a new map video? I'm afraid I don't play this character anymore. Darkshrine is long over. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info