UPDATED 2.2 [ELE] | [2.0][Darkshrine HC] Crit Ice Spears! MoM + EB with ZO

So after all the amulet sucks for this build :(

However i got another ideea... It sounds stupid but who knows...

If you use the Pyre + Three Dragons you will be able to shock on critical hits...It will need testing but sounds good on paper.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987
That's another very interesting idea actually.

However it creates a lot of issues, mainly being that there will be a lot less safety since you wont freeze enemies, and you'll be wearing 3 uniques which is quite a lot. Will report back with my results after giving it a go. I have three dragons already.

Edit: As expected, not really worth it. The extra damage from shocks is nice, but not amazing. It becomes a lot harder to deal with mobs since you don't freeze. This is especially troublesome for the ice spear single target setup that would normally freeze lock enemies to death. It actually ends up slowing you down against larger packs since you don't deliver HoI explosions. Shock applies after the hit so the initial ice spears aren't even getting more damage. All of those issues, and you must give up a ring slot and head slot.

Verdict: Pretty bad. But thanks for the idea none the less.
Last edited by sumding on Dec 1, 2015, 5:54:21 AM
For those still interested, updated to the 2.1 tree.

You need 20% more crit chance from gear but save some points I think.
Can I start from shadow or it has to be witch?
"
Simba_VI wrote:
Can I start from shadow or it has to be witch?

You can start shadow, witch, or templar. Depends on which starting nodes you fancy.
Hi !

Just wanted to say thanks for the build sumding ! I'm lvl 83 wtich atm, doing great in talisman soft.

the damage was a little low around low-70 but now it's fun.

HF everyone
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying yourself.

And yeah, the damage is quite low until you have a lot of multiplier. It's quite sad that ice spear wasn't included in that big list of spells that got buffed in 2.1. Oh well.
Last edited by sumding on Dec 30, 2015, 2:21:47 AM
Thanks a lot, I'm a new player to the game but you managed to simplify things enough for me to get a basic understanding. Quick question, even though this is HC it's viable in talisman league and softcore, correct?
"
Zerglee wrote:
Thanks a lot, I'm a new player to the game but you managed to simplify things enough for me to get a basic understanding. Quick question, even though this is HC it's viable in talisman league and softcore, correct?

Of course! Anything that's viable for Hardcore is most certainly viable for Softcore. If anything, you'll have more freedom to focus a bit more on damage. Ice Spear can sometimes feel like it needs as much damage as it can get.
Thanks, I was wondering maybe if you can break the skill tree into 3 different sections also? Like a leveling one, mid game one and then late game or changes u can do etc?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info