Terrorist attack in Paris

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
NZ is so small that they will never have the problems of right/left wing propaganda against minorities becoming attractive.

I wouldn't be so sure, I heard kiwi right-wingers complain about the steadily increasing Asian minority there more than once.

Both of our major parties (Labour / National) are Centre-Left.

We have 1 current political party that pushes focus on immigration (and primarily Asian immigration), called New Zealand First. Despite the name, they are heavily orientated towards the Left for the majority of their stated policies.

We haven't currently had to face the decision of what to do with the growing issue of fundamentalist islamic communities. Hopefully we won't ever have to, as I doubt that we'd handle it well. The small number of groups we do have here tend to be constructive in their communication with the public and government.

New Zealand supports the current stance of AU/USA/UK in a passive sense (for the most part) through voting and lack of public comment. In an active-sense support is provided via Peacekeeping duties under the auspices of the United Nations, and through troop training/support. Those relationships are in place due to an economy heavily reliant on trade, and the need for positive relationships with defensively capable allies.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Boem wrote:
Yes, shit continues to happen.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
The Erbschuld is strong in this one. Right-wing parties are strong all over Europe and that's totally okay. Not every country has to be like Germany or Sweden where only leftists are allowed in the parliament.

There is a difference between National Convertism and right wing.
The biggest German Parties right wing was national conversative till they moved to the left in the late 90s and pretty much make the same politics the second largest party does.

The issue is East Germany which never had been denazificated after the 2nd world war. Their inhabitants got told the right extremist ideas by their (Grand)-Parents.
They are the first ones to jump on the bandwagon on a conservative party.

This leaves 2 kind of parties the openly extremist ones denying holocaust such as NPD/DVU and those where a lot of extremists follow such as REP/AFD. The AFD is pretty similar to the REP who had its high during the immigration wave in the late 80s.

The difference with Germany is that they already had right extremists ruling the country and know how that turned out.

Other countries like Hungary, Greece, Finnland, France and Baltic countries have pretty strong extremist parties or are allowed to rule
Greece is chaotic for years.(not exactly strong with 3-4%)
Hungary is ruled by a borderline extremistic party.
The finnish borderline extremist party is the 3rd strongest.
Baltic countries have extremist parties raising since their inhabitants fear Russia.

France National on the other hand will become a big problem in future the more Terrorist attacks happen in France. 2002 Le Pen got second in the first election and out of protest most people voted against him in the second vote so it was like 85% to 15%. After the UDF broke into smaller parties FN became the 3rd strongest party. Sarkozy wasn't liked, Hollande got liked even less, so there is quiet a possibility that FN will get 2nd next vote.
A terrorist attack during that time will boost the chances of winning similar to Fukushima boosting economical parties.

When conservative or leftist parties have to rely on right wing arguments to gain voters it's pretty dangerous.

"
TheWretch wrote:
[Removed by Support] Stay strong Paris

As much as I agree that this discussion is a bit weird, I do realize that many posters here like Boem have really invest a lot in intellectual and constructed opinions. Retardation would be a strong word for this thread.
"
Hilbert wrote:

The difference with Germany is that they already had right extremists ruling the country and know how that turned out.

The thing is that AfD is not an extremist party. It may seem like that when every party aside from CSU in the parliament is leftist, but AfD is a normal right-wing party. She's basically the CDU of the 80s.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Wrong the AfD isn't the CDU of the 80s it's the REP of the late 80s and early 90s.

They aren't openly extremist unlike the NPD. But several members pretty much have a right wing extremist history.

This is pretty much the same discussion as in the late 80s and then we had Lichtenhagen and those shitstains in history.
The parallels are obvious. The REP was founded by a right wing CSU politican. The AFD was founded by a right wing CDU politican. Their ads are pretty similar.

The AFD is working with social networks and conspiracy theories recruiting narrow minded people.

The right wing conservatives of the past were FDP and CDU and the sister party CSU.
FDP turned into a lying "fun" party for rich people that became insignificant over the years.
And CDU/CSU moved to the left in the 2000s, that voting for CDU/SPD makes no difference and the vote is more based on sympathy.

If you are looking for right conservative parties that would be something like the DSU which became insignificant because the CDU was pretty similar to them in the early 90s.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Wrong the AfD isn't the CDU of the 80s it's the REP of the late 80s and early 90s.

Not sure if serious. The REP you're talking about wanted to disenfranchise foreigners, completely get rid off the right of asylum and wanted to make eastern and western Prussia "German" again. AfD is not even close to being that rightist lol.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Read again I said late 80s and early 90s. The did try to create a civil image and that's why they were they strongest right wing party in the refugee debate of the late 80s/90s.
What you talk about were their programs in the early 80s.

The AFD has pretty much the same image now and after the economical oriented people left you gonna see that they aren't any different.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Read again I said late 80s and early 90s. The did try to create a civil image and that's why they were they strongest right wing party in the refugee debate of the late 80s/90s.
What you talk about were their programs in the early 80s.

You have it the other way round, they became more radical in '85 and then even more in '87 and so on. But we should stop circlejerking about German politics, I can't imagine that anyone else besides the two of us cares.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
[Removed by Support] Stay strong Paris

[Removed by Support]

[Removed by Support] Stay Strong Paris.

[Removed by Support]

You may not feel the same way (obviously) but these types of tragedy are precicely the time to talk about Geopolitics because it becomes very relevant. It should be talked about more in general but most people are creatures of necessity so thats why discussions crop up more during these times. These people aren't political candidates using this tragedy to springboard their campaign for personal gain so I don't think your outrage is valid.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last edited by Jared_GGG on Nov 18, 2015, 4:58:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info