Terrorist attack in Paris

Nearly 200 deads still counting :( it's horrible
Yes, shit continues to happen.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"Hostages texting that hostages are being killed 1-by-1, begging police to raid #Paris - CNN via @AnneBayefsky"

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/665306423853617152

This was in the theatre Bataclan, apparently people were dragged on stage and killed one by one.

There are also reports that the terrorists wore GoPro cameras while killing people and will make ISIS propaganda videos out of the material. I wish I were kidding.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I can only hope that I am wrong and this is the last we will see of it for a long time, but I doubt I am.

Its amazing how the dark side of the human race never ceases to disgust me.

I hope the French government takes the appropriate actions and that those affected and still alive can recover, at least from their physical wounds.
Oblivious
Fuck... this is just getting worse and worse by the moment.

I fear it may end up coming to the tier of 9/11 or the London bombings of the '00 decade. [in terms of causalities, maybe not as much structural damage]

Terrorists make me fucking sick...

EDIT: Apparently the attackers have all been killed off? I hope that's the case, looks like this won't get the chance to get close to the amount of tragedy caused by the aforementioned two events.
Last edited by Stormquake on Nov 13, 2015, 10:02:29 PM
My initial stance might come over as insensitive, but i can assure you it is the exact opposite.

From my perspective it is irrelevant where it happens and it happens every day. It should not be "more" relevant because it happens in france/close to home.

So yes, shit happens on a daily basis and this is no different, i would feel like i am doing injustice to all of the other casualty's of such terrors that happen continuously by feeling more upset about this simply because of its geological location.

I never watch the news for this exact reason, because i can't help myself but cry most of the time.

The lack of emotional development in this day and age is disturbing to say the least.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

From my perspective it is irrelevant where it happens and it happens every day. It should not be "more" relevant because it happens in france/close to home.

So yes, shit happens on a daily basis and this is no different, i would feel like i am doing injustice to all of the other casualty's of such terrors that happen continuously by feeling more upset about this simply because of its geological location.-

Perfectly understandable. innocent lives should not hold different weights. This is a problem that should have been tackled fiercely quite a while ago, and its very sad that it might be necessary for it to knock on our doors and trash our homes for it to happen.
Oblivious
RIP. My thoughts are with the people of Paris.
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Was in France on a business trip until last week.
Reading this sent shivers down my spine. Someone needs to stop these fuckers for good. Hunt them like diseased dogs, because that's exactly what they are.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 14, 2015, 3:31:31 AM
"
Boem wrote:
My initial stance might come over as insensitive, but i can assure you it is the exact opposite.

So yes, shit happens on a daily basis and this is no different, i would feel like i am doing injustice to all of the other casualty's of such terrors that happen continuously by feeling more upset about this simply because of its geological location.

I never watch the news for this exact reason, because i can't help myself but cry most of the time.

The lack of emotional development in this day and age is disturbing to say the least.

Peace,

-Boem-

Actually emotions are that way, and they are more powerful the closer we feel to affected persons. That is also the way the imaginary heart works, so don't call it lack of emotional development. Fear is the same, some react with fear to terrorists and seek to destroy to protect themselves, others feel empathy for the victims.

Reason is the bane of emotion, emotion is not reasoned but felt(although you find the reason of its origin). You shouldn't always try to reason an emotion, sometimes you should simply tap into it and learn to sense whether it is good or bad. Learn to trust your own self.

According to you, any death is of equal significance. In a way it is true, but only to universe(and even that is not perfectly true only assuming all beings are equal). If you think that, i wonder if you care just as much if someone killed your mother/father/sibling. It is possible, but unlikely that you actually feel that way(although you reason it should be that way).

So what you are talking about is an abnormal state of being, in which you are open and vulnerable leaving you weaknened and less able to overcome the burden of the world.

I am not saying we should all shut ourselves up and show no empathy, ironhide style, simply that being an open wound vulnerable to all the worlds suffering indicates you have not mastered yourself and instead have let your gift of empathy overwhelm you.

What i am saying is, you don't understand your own nature. :)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Nov 14, 2015, 3:44:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info