Do you think there will ever be a Forsaken Master for Act 4?

So, the Forsaken Master expansion was before Act 4 was added, and that means that none of the Forsaken Masters use Act 4 as their "Home base" when they're not stealing food from your fridge.

With the new Talisman type of item coming, do you think there's enough "Content" there to make a new Forsaken Master? Or, do you think GGG will need to wait until there's a bit more things not covered by the others to make another?

Or, indeed, are GGG done with the Masters completely?
"
Zephryl wrote:
So, the Forsaken Master expansion was before Act 4 was added, and that means that none of the Forsaken Masters use Act 4 as their "Home base" when they're not stealing food from your fridge.

With the new Talisman type of item coming, do you think there's enough "Content" there to make a new Forsaken Master? Or, do you think GGG will need to wait until there's a bit more things not covered by the others to make another?

Or, indeed, are GGG done with the Masters completely?

Probley not this patch or even the next few content patches but yes im sure at some point we will get more masters. Probley in the end we will get new ones as needed.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Zephryl wrote:

1) With the new Talisman type of item coming, do you think there's enough "Content" there to make a new Forsaken Master?

2) Or, do you think GGG will need to wait until there's a bit more things not covered by the others to make another?

3) Or, indeed, are GGG done with the Masters completely?

1) Nope

2) Yes, I hope the new "Forsaken Masters" type of patch will come Q3-Q4 next year with something added to the Masters but also something entirely different

3) Nah I hope not since they have potential with so many other aspects of the game...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
I'm sure there will be new masters, but probably not for Talismans. If they had a talisman/jewel master, it might be enough content for them, but those are about the only new things that masters don't already cover and neither one seems like something that they'll want to be master-craftable.

Jewels only have 4 mods, so it would be too easy to get a near perfect one if you could simply take a blue one, alt it until you got two good rolls, regal, and then master craft.

Talismans already come with an especially powerful implicit mod, so this is balanced by the fact that they're corrupted and can't be crafted normally. You're basically stuck with whatever you get. And if they did intend to allow master-crafting on them, they're still amulets, so Elreon would already have them covered.
"
Hodari wrote:

Talismans already come with an especially powerful implicit mod, so this is balanced by the fact that they're corrupted and can't be crafted normally. You're basically stuck with whatever you get. And if they did intend to allow master-crafting on them, they're still amulets, so Elreon would already have them covered.

Rarity can't be used for balance, because over time it will be just as good as crafting. I agree though that they wont allow crafting on jewels, at least not with significantly lower mods on them than can drop randomly.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Rarity can't be used for balance

To some extent, it can be(and obviously IS) used that way. Obviously, it can't be used to justify something completely overpowered, but you can have more powerful but very rare items to look forward to as upgrades from merely decent but common ones. In fact, I'd argue that the whole point of this genre of game is grinding away for those more powerful items that might take months or even years to find.

Rarity shouldn't be the only or even primary means of balance, but it certainly can be part of achieving it.
They will bring out a new one for the chaos damage patch and take the DOT mod from the PvP guy as most people never level him anyway and that DOT mod will become a lot more desirable when Poison and chaos builds are FOTM.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Hodari wrote:

Rarity can't be used for balance, because over time it will be just as good as crafting. I agree though that they wont allow crafting on jewels, at least not with significantly lower mods on them than can drop randomly.

It can be used if the time required for market saturation is as larger as the planned game life.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Yep... and that experiment definitely affects the results. Too much and you'll shorten the game life.
It sounds more like making a choice on the game's life span.

That being said, I'd avoid this kind of balance by rarity too. It's not elegant. The only saving grace for this is that they included a sink for those talismans. And that you can use vaal orbs on normal amulets to get the same power.

On topic: a master of Corruption would be interesting. Not to cheat on Vaal Orbs, but to have other kind of corruptions, access to corrupted areas, and maybe some kind of Darkshrine.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Nov 14, 2015, 1:53:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info