Hoping Darkshrines are added to the new leagues and core game, anyone else?

Haven't read all the answers, but yes, I'd like to see the Darkshrines added to the core game as well. They're fun and a nice item sink - especially if the result is not 100% purely random; else people will just sacrifice trash items. But if you know vou have a (high) chance of getting a nice tempest or other desired effect by sacrificing something more valuable, that would definitely be great (also, add uniques to the items that can be sacrificed).
I'm only in Act III normal so far, so I don't know what effects are possible and I understand that some of them might be too good - so in case the Darkshrines get into the core game, they need to be adjusted.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
So only counting people who've beaten the warden, it looks like the percentage of people to get a level 20 gem is around 4.6% here, https://steamcommunity.com/stats/PathofExile/achievements.

If quality gems were something overpowered, I'd probably agree they needed to nerf Perfection before making Darkshrines a regular thing, but they seem well balanced or even underpowered to me.
same, theyre neat and offer a way for anyone to get 20% gems (with a little risk involved)
"
same, theyre neat and offer a way for anyone to get 20% gems (with a little risk involved)

there is 0 risk in darkshrine 20q gem crafting. Also quality on gems is small but very valuable bonus . I don't like making game easier and I dont support idea of making easy 20q gems.

My opinion on Darkshrines after 2 weeks.

Darkshrines are overpowered. Ways to be effincient break flow of game and sometimes are boring.

To get 20q gems I go to normal, remove my gear, take only boots and flask with me. Go to mud flats. Run and reset instances to get DS, drop items, use DS pick up items and go back to town for another rare. This is boring it doesnt feel like plaing action game but boring mmo. There is no risk and there is only 1 reward.

In maps to get most out of shrines I have to not kill mobs, run around and check for DS. Until I use DS killing monsters is waste. Making them rare will not make them better because it will even more force you tu use it in most effincient way you can.

DS are also not item sink because most of times you get more rares from DS effect than you sacrifice on shrine.

DS are fun when you can put random rare and get random effect. This work while leveling but in endgame it doesn't. I don't want DS in core game in way they work now.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 16, 2015, 5:07:11 PM
The only thing that makes Dark Shrines broken in the 5-week is their abundance. Take away the efficiency of farming them in low level zones or being able to rely on them in your maps and suddenly their utility would become far more situational and limited.

Take the normal shrine spawn rate and make something like 1/5th Dark Shrines.

Yeah, did you read my idea? Darkshrines wouldn't need to replace all shrines in the normal game, they would cost you a vaal orb, and they might have a chance of shooting monsters and curses at you or something, and you would have to figure out which mod does Perfection for each character. You could "farm" them still, by running around corrupted zones, but they wouldn't be free q20 gems like they are in this league.
Depending on how you clasify "items", dark shrines already fail at being an itemsink.

Let us not pretend any of us where going to utilize that random quiver that so happen to have crit multiplier on it.

So while i like the concept, if it is suppose to represent an item sink, then they need to be able to sink actual useful items for a reward.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Depending on how you clasify "items", dark shrines already fail at being an itemsink.

Let us not pretend any of us where going to utilize that random quiver that so happen to have crit multiplier on it.

So while i like the concept, if it is suppose to represent an item sink, then they need to be able to sink actual useful items for a reward.

Peace,

-Boem-

I agree. Powerful items should have better benefits (be better chances or outcome) for it to work.

As it is, Dark Shrines are just a prototype that GGG should keep working on.

I repeat what I said elsewhere: balancing darkshrines by rarity/gating is a foolish endeavor. It's better to make it readily available and balance it from there, so it can be a reliable item sink.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I must say Im have a great time with darkshrines but really they are very overpowered.Just how easy it is to get 20q gems and mortal hopes its crazy.Never mind mass scour and and the other crazy abilities.I just dont see this making it into the game nore should it.It just makes alot of things just to damn easy.
What if they brought darkshrines into the core game in the form of a map mod. Not the added bounous with the Zanz map device, but as a rollable mod like bloodlines or nemisis mods .

This would let us have access to say 1 or 2 dark shrines per map but ONLY if we roll it on the map, this way any in balances with 20/20 gems or force farming beyond bosses could be much more easy to control + would only be available once you get to end game making early leveling imbals dew to darkshrines a non issue
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info