Hoping Darkshrines are added to the new leagues and core game, anyone else?

I think the idea is for each character to have all mods-effect randomly re-assigned. So that yo have to discover what mod produces what effect on your own. Though in my opinion that being done for each account ( or each league ) rather than each character would be better.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
This doesn't change the fact that some players would get really good randomizations, while others would get really bad ones.
Plus the fact that even if it's a unique setup for each player... it'll only take a few days, a week maybe, to figure out what does what. And then you have the exact same result, people abusing Darkshrines for the positive effects, and said positive effects destabilizing portions of the economy.

For me it also takes the fun out of it not being random.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Plus the fact that even if it's a unique setup for each player... it'll only take a few days, a week maybe, to figure out what does what. And then you have the exact same result, people abusing Darkshrines for the positive effects, and said positive effects destabilizing portions of the economy.

For me it also takes the fun out of it not being random.

Who says they always have to have the desired effects? What if corrupting a shrine had a chance for a random map curse effect? Or using a darkshrine had that chance.
"
This doesn't change the fact that some players would get really good randomizations, while others would get really bad ones.

Oh you mean it would be unfair ... like when a person who's been around for a month founds a mirror while i still haven't seen one for the time i'm around? Or when another guy 6L his chest with 3 fusings while i have to spend 1200 ? Oh look - that guy found acuity ... too bad i'm not that guy ... hello vertex .. good old vaal mask friend.
Path of Exile is build around random luck ... and there is nothing wrong with that.

But i do see your point, and it would suck to be stuck with a bad set of mods-effects forever ... so to make it more fair ... more random ( and i'm cool with more randomness ) ... the mod-effect could reset every week. Which would keep it fun and it wouldn't discourage anyone because even if you have bad lck this week ... the next week yo might get extremely lucky
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 13, 2015, 6:05:56 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
the mod-effect could reset every week. Which would keep it fun and it wouldn't discourage anyone because even if you have bad lck this week ... the next week yo might get extremely lucky

That's an idea, but I would like to make it so the people with scripts and cheatsheets don't have the advantage. When everyone must depend on an AutoIt macro or a website to find darkshrine effects, that defeats the fun and the mystery of it.
I think I'd like the Darkshrine mod to replace Zana's current master mod of "Area is inhabited by 1 additional Invasion Boss"

It'd give you a reason to buy her special map.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Nov 13, 2015, 6:51:39 AM
They're broken as hell. I mean, q20 gems with minimum effort in a1n?
Second-class poe gamer
"
pr13st wrote:
They're broken as hell. I mean, q20 gems with minimum effort in a1n?

I'm a fan of this. I don't like depending on trade for any decent quality gems. You can't just go crafting them yourself normally. Why not give more ways to put quality on gems? Is that really going to unbalance your precious economy? GCPs are practically worthless to self-found players right now, and finding a Gemcutter's Strongbox of Quality 10% to 20% is incredibly rare.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 13, 2015, 7:27:21 AM
Isn't the usual way to trade a level 20 gem and a GCP to a Vendor for a level 1 20% Gem? Is that still a thing?

If you remove the need to do that by making Darkshrines give them out like candy, you remove the value f GCP for everyone...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info