Hoping Darkshrines are added to the new leagues and core game, anyone else?

Darkshrines have actually been the most fun I've had in a while in PoE. Beyond was something I didn't really enjoy at all, but could handle it. Tempests are... well... probably my least favorite out of any league (sorry Chris!).

These shrines have brought a great new flare to the game and adds a little bit of mystery, especially in the first week or so when everyone is trying to figure out what types of outcomes these quotes entail.

I feel as though Darkshrines are a perfect example of the type of things that should be implemented into the core game. They are there for those who want a risk/reward scenario and if they choose not to activate a shrine, well, then they don't have to. Nothing is forced upon the player, so this is good!

All throughout normal and cruel my brother and I were activating Darkshrines, that is, until we reached Merciless-then we started to second guess the idea! It was a great mix up of randomness that we truly felt was a refreshing addition to Path of Exile.

I know we both would love to see Darkshrines added to the core game, in all honesty, how could they hurt the game? If anything, I would love to see them build on this system and introduce more riddles and perhaps take it to the next level and create a series of riddles to be solved in order to activate other sorts of shrines etc. This is just a great addition because it leaves it all up to chance and the players choice to take.

To whoever came up with Darkshrines, I like the way you think! Hopefully the guys at GGG can realize most of us dig the shrines and this type of idea. I usually don't care much for 1-month leagues, but this has me logging in every single day, even though it's not a revolutionary addition-it's something we weren't familiar with.

Looking forward to the new leagues and really really hope they add Darkshrines.

What you guys think? (I only play Hardcore leagues but I would think HC and SC would both agree)
I think the idea is solid.

The execution as seen in this league is not.

So in its current form, I wouldn't want it added into the game. If it's further refined then yes.
"
how could they hurt the game?

Darkshrines aren't random, so, they're reasonably easy to "Control" once you figure out what mods trigger what effects, which didn't take the community very long to figure out, and there's a lot of things you can get from Darkshrines that would make colossal changes to SC/HC; A main example being the relative ease at which you can 20% Gems in Darkshrine, as well as other effects.

I would like Darkshrines to be added to the "Core" game, but, they would need a number of tweaks to do so. Either being made completely 100% random, or having several of the effects removed (Or several dozen added so that there's much more possible results from each item you sacrifice, making it harder to abuse).
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
how could they hurt the game?

Darkshrines aren't random, so, they're reasonably easy to "Control" once you figure out what mods trigger what effects, which didn't take the community very long to figure out, and there's a lot of things you can get from Darkshrines that would make colossal changes to SC/HC; A main example being the relative ease at which you can 20% Gems in Darkshrine, as well as other effects.

I would like Darkshrines to be added to the "Core" game, but, they would need a number of tweaks to do so. Either being made completely 100% random, or having several of the effects removed (Or several dozen added so that there's much more possible results from each item you sacrifice, making it harder to abuse).

Great points.

I totally agree with making it a 100% random thing. This would leave it completely up to pure chance, or even if certain mods gave a "chance" to spawn xyz etc.
I like the idea of player control though. Do you think it could be balanced if Darkshrines were extremely rare occurrences? What about if they appeared reasonably rarely, but had some random chance to fail to do anything with sacrificed rares? (Putting it more in line with things like Orb of Fusing where you can simply lose out despite using several copies of valuable things)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Darkshrines are overpowerd, I don't think they will be added with actual bonuses.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Vaal orb works on shrines, have a chance of making a darkshrine.

Corrupted zones and maps have chance of spawning darkshrines.

All shrine effects are correlated to your character name, so you'd have to figure mods out yourself.

"
ionface wrote:

All shrine effects are correlated to your character name, so you'd have to figure mods out yourself.

Now that's a cool idea!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
ionface wrote:
Vaal orb works on shrines, have a chance of making a darkshrine.

Corrupted zones and maps have chance of spawning darkshrines.

Really solid idea.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
May I point out how unfair correlating the effects to a character's name is? Some names would definitely be much more valuable than others, having the interesting effects on more common mods. You can't correlate them to an account either.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info