2.1 Hype?

"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Col_Jessep wrote:
I don#t get why people don't like Plummeting Ursas. I love those little critters! 0_o

As for the hype, na. The good stuff will be gated behind a huge grind and RNG again and I'm already too burned out on PoE to get into a new league.

To compare it to racing: GGG offers me new tires and a paint job but I really want a new track to drive on.

Meh, it's not that gated by RNG. When the league ends, maybe, but right now it's pretty much deterministic. It's more of a grind (you need to go up in tiers), but it's not random.

Something that hypes me: they've learned from Atziri, and the have offered a relatively low level scaling for the boss (minimum level is 60, it scales with level, as Chris said in reddit) so I have a shot to try it (probably at level 70 or 75 if the boss is as tricky).

You need 5 tier 3 talismans to summon Rigwald. That means you first need to find 125 tier 1 talismans, find 31 stone circles to upgrade them and then you have a shot at Rigwald.

And just imagine how many talismans you have to drop if you want to aim for a rare tier 4 talisman. Keep in mind they are corrupted and you can't craft them unlike jewels. Lowest rarity sets the rarity for the next tier talisman. Surely itemlevel plays into it as well. This sounds like layers of RNG and grind that would even make Sisyphos go pale.

Thanks, but no thanks.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
Col_Jessep wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Col_Jessep wrote:
I don#t get why people don't like Plummeting Ursas. I love those little critters! 0_o

As for the hype, na. The good stuff will be gated behind a huge grind and RNG again and I'm already too burned out on PoE to get into a new league.

To compare it to racing: GGG offers me new tires and a paint job but I really want a new track to drive on.

Meh, it's not that gated by RNG. When the league ends, maybe, but right now it's pretty much deterministic. It's more of a grind (you need to go up in tiers), but it's not random.

Something that hypes me: they've learned from Atziri, and the have offered a relatively low level scaling for the boss (minimum level is 60, it scales with level, as Chris said in reddit) so I have a shot to try it (probably at level 70 or 75 if the boss is as tricky).

You need 5 tier 3 talismans to summon Rigwald. That means you first need to find 125 tier 1 talismans, find 31 stone circles to upgrade them and then you have a shot at Rigwald.

And just imagine how many talismans you have to drop if you want to aim for a rare tier 4 talisman. Keep in mind they are corrupted and you can't craft them unlike jewels. Lowest rarity sets the rarity for the next tier talisman. Surely itemlevel plays into it as well. This sounds like layers of RNG and grind that would even make Sisyphos go pale.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Well now I'm not hyped anymore :(
Well, I'm more hyped about the boss rather than the talismans, that's the reason I said that, :P

That being said, if you have to kill bosses to get Talismans, it should be engaging to farm them. Also, not everyone is going to get crazy to kill Rigwald, so some should be bought. If you don't get obsessed to chain farm him, it should be fine.

I'm more concerned for how the league will be implemented on the game later.

PS: if there is an Uber Rigwald, I'll eat my words. Although I can see people farming maps with Talisman mod from Zana as a new endgame.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Nov 17, 2015, 2:25:38 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
Well now I'm not hyped anymore :(

Sorry! Maybe you get really lucky? =D
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I'll be hyped as long as some unused skills get the buffs they need to compete with Cyclone/PA/Incinerate/Split arrow builds cause honestly I like a lot of the skills but using them when I can use better is a bit dissatisfying but of course that'll have to be fixed in multiple patches with trial and error to see what fits

As far as the league goes I love boss type fights so the 3month should hopefully be fun if I get motivated to level without twink gear since I'm usually a standard player and am just used to have my -8 rings and low level uniques.

All in all I'm semi hyped to see what changes will be made and how the league will be overall.
Spoiler
Charan, cmon, give me a bro hug, no worries, no homo.

I have a pretty funny build idea to try this league. Actually, I was going to make it in the one month, but decided to go for something easier.
I always check the new leagues untill i rip like an idiot in midlvl range.
Wish me luck to get around 5 ex this league, u might see something special :3

I hate this game, but I always come back to theorycraft a bit and never see the results of my plans because of time, money and skill (or rather willpower to grind currency with flame totem) restrictions.

Chris mentioned on Leddit that T4 talismans have two implicit affixes.. sounds very powerful.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Haven't played in months; 2.1 seems like a good time to come back :)
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
"
Wadjet wrote:

Congratz on the avatar. Glad it finally came true.

\o

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
Wadjet wrote:

Congratz on the avatar. Glad it finally came true.

\o

Peace,

-Boem-

ty sir. or ma'am.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type