2.1 Hype?

I'm very put off by the way this looks like it's going. "Here's something bigger and more powerful that's going to make you hate the stuff you used to love" isn't a good direction to take the game.
WTB Charan's Ruler package

I don't know if it helps, but I'd like to think I support a philosophy of an indy developer company even more so than the actual game itself. Non-scumbag developers with an ethical free to play model being successful (and maybe convincing others to follow) is more important than the specific game being exactly what I want.

That said. I asked for chaos spells. I got chaos spells. Necromancer style builds incoming. Hype.
Hey Charm, I mean Charam, You talk all the time about trying Whirling Blades builds.

Whirling Blades - Cast on Crit - Blade Vortex.

You get the slowest dagger you can find since WB has the overrides the default bass attack time, load it with increase attack speed, crit chance and spell damage.

You don't want to do it I will.

Even a little bit of pulse rise at the possibility of a legit WB build?
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
This is my hype for PoE in the last year

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
tbh I am more eager to hear about the labyrinth stuff. The talisman stuff I am a bit ambivalent about; in particular the fact it is an amulet slot. Don't get me wrong I am still happy to see new skills and some balance tweaks (more the things that get buffed than the things that get nerfed).
Charan, just be grateful you aren't a perm HC or STD player over the years or else you would have been "disappointed" a year ago instead of now, regardless of how many packs you've bought.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on Nov 13, 2015, 1:39:25 AM
"
Hey Charm, I mean Charam, You talk all the time about trying Whirling Blades builds.

Whirling Blades - Cast on Crit - Blade Vortex.

You get the slowest dagger you can find since WB has the overrides the default bass attack time, load it with increase attack speed, crit chance and spell damage.

You don't want to do it I will.

Even a little bit of pulse rise at the possibility of a legit WB build?

Dont forget the most important part in making this work.... Vagan Dagger! And since you WANT slow... It actually will give a use to Slaughter Knife version of the dagger. You know the one no one wants.. Which will also make the dagger cheap and easy to get. BTW this is a damn good idea... I was thinking of something else COC with the new gems but this isnt a bad idea either. Especially since i have several of these Daggers in my stash already.

And WBs already works on COC... if you have a Fakner simply swap it in over Cyclone and see for yourself.. The clear is actually pretty damn nice.. Single Target is beyond terrible but still.. it does work non the less. \m/

"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Charan, just be grateful you aren't a perm HC or STD player over the years or else you would have been "disappointed" a year ago instead of now, regardless of how many packs you've bought.

THIS! Man i really loved Standard and i might say fuck it and play standard in this new league again anyway... since ive acquired a shit ton of new T1 items in the 5 week that were all way beyond my price ranges before.. Atleast i know any way i go now in standard i can still have some fun there again.. if only for a little while. But i know the feeling for sure on this.. ALL of my favorite and best builds ive made in Standard are all nothing what they were when they were made now. But i guess thats the nature of the beast in a League where everything is permanent in a game where everything is always changing. But much like D3 seasons.. im not too big on starting over. So i also have not been having much fun in these leagues. I always seem to get to a point on all my builds that things i need to advance the build i already have multiples of in standard already and dont wish to overpay for the items again just for them to go to standard to stack with the multiples i have already.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Nov 13, 2015, 3:48:27 AM
"
ladish wrote:
tbh I am more eager to hear about the labyrinth stuff.

Is "labyrinth stuff" supposed to be part of 2.1 or 2.2?

Talismans seem interesting enough to warrant playing in new temp leagues. Upgrading stuff + powerful boss fights on demand... Hopefully that werewolf king boss is something like Atziri (=fun dynamic fight, but not gated like her :)

I'm afraid of two things, tho:

1.) (over)nerfs
2.) more enemies that will use the new phys spells -> rip pure eva
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Nov 13, 2015, 3:50:11 AM
Honestly cant get too hyped until I see what the drop rates are like for this new league.
Controlling my excitement till finding out which builds get nerfed because the %0.0001'ers make them look too OP to GGG, when those builds are fine for the majority of the playerbase due to time/wealth/rng luck limitations.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"
No worries, I'm glad we're not butting heads over this.

I actually have a LOT of goals left in PoE. A LOT. But where the game is going, they're less and less likely to be attained.

*shrug* I just don't know how to reconcile the potential diversity of builds with the reality of the narrow metagame.

Look, I've ranted about this elsewhere. And one such rant is still current. So I won't repeat any of it here.

I feel...like an idiot for supporting as much as I did, really, but I don't blame GGG. It's their game to make, to take it where they will. The fault is entirely mine for outlandishly supporting a work in progress and foolishly expecting it to go in a certain direction indicated by the state of the game at the time.

Each major update, I hope to have some faith restored, and 2.1 failed to do that. Thus my disappointment.

Is your final sword in the game yet?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info