New Support Gem Reveal - Blasphemy

Honestly, for the people going "op op" it's not like it wasn't easy as hell to curse everything beforehand. Hell, with just that shock nova same effect could be applied.

It's nifty though, but I'll be waiting to see what the -level up- effect is, and the quality. If it gives +curse effect comparable to quality curse on hit then I'm going to have a field day.

Jeez people, it prevents you from running a lot of supportive auras and gives you an effect that you could normally attain with a little bit of active play. If they made aura effect affect this and curse effectiveness it might provide some incentive.

Still, for those running herald of LIGHTNING BOLT for curse application you've got an option for that portion of your mana now.
What happens when two players with this support are in range of the same monster?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Arctic Armour is going to be missed until its buffed. Enfeeble and Temporal chains both give around the same benefit as AA. But no one can have an offensive curse and a defensive one. Unless they invest in +1 curses. All in all, it has its pro's and con's, I believe this targets melee builds.
I'd like to think I came up with this first on November 7, 2013. (Almost 2 years to the day, lol)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/590458

My thread:

New Gem: Chant (Curse As Aura)

Chant: Turns a curse into a limited range aura.

Gives melee the freedom to not have to stop and cast curses, and also possibly letting the aura'd curse have priority over cast curses for party play?

Dual cursing/cursors more friendly and viable in party play?

Discuss.

Where's my cut GGG? :P
Wow, even I'm impressed
Join /global 5055 Reddit community channel
I wouldn't be surprised if this came out with reduced curse effectiveness out of the box.
Quod efficax non stultum
Ya know... jsut saying... but you shoudl consider opening threads like this with a sentence giving a rough definition of what the skill DOES.

I ready through the first 3 lines and got hyped for a new mana reservation gem, or a new way to reduce reserved mana. then i saw the picture that said it was ONLY for curses and created an aura.

Needless to say i was DISPLEASED.

"We are pelased to announce a new skill that allows to you to cast curse as auras. Heres how it works..."

I mean really reread what you said and pretend for a second YOU didnt know what the skill did.

"In the past few weeks, we've talked about the new skill Contagion, and about our rework to the Poison system. Today, we're going to talk to you about a new support gem that has been in the works for a long time: Blasphemy.

This support gem overrides the mana cost of your skill, replacing it with a 25% mana reservation. "

Just saying, its absurdly misleading!

"The curse is applied as an aura around you, affected by both your curse and aura radius increases. It is not, however, affected by Aura Effect passives, as these will now only apply to friendly auras."

Yeah even with that it STILL sounds like its a curse that allows me to use one specific skill for no mana, while reserving mana instead of using it, AND enables my enemies to use the same skill i am, which in some cases could be lethal, thereby creating a drawback.

JSUT SAYING THOUGH.
This is really cool. Im pumped about whats to come. Good work GGG. Keep it up.
"
schultz94 wrote:
I heard Etup and the smorcs talk about this, oh my gosh it is pretty sweet

Etup and the smorcs lol ? wtf is that some failed 70's rock band ?
omg yes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info