New Skill Reveal - Contagion

YES!! Can't wait to try this. :D
OP for few months then nerf it to oblivion, GGG style. ;P
I Believe I Can Fly ~~~~
This sounds so neat! Since this is spell I guess its not going to be expensive to play with. So I might try this out in next league!
"
...new spell that is coming to Wraeclast

Sounds like the spell is on tour. ;)

But being serious, I'm excited about these new skills and synergies. Also I love the effects of the skill. Nice work.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Love that more diversity is coming to the build options. Concerned about the spell damage affecting it, when it affects no othe DoTs, but that may be explained on the gem, and in the mechanics of the new poison/chaos when it arrives.

It's difficult to see the duration running out at any point in the video, as long as the enemy dies near other enemies, and the damage of the spell was enough to kill them initially, does it
A) Retain the starting duration and just provide the damage for the leftover duration to the new target
B) Retain the starting duration ON the new target (effectively resetting the duration to full)
Will curse on hit chain with this :)
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
magpye wrote:
It's difficult to see the duration running out at any point in the video, as long as the enemy dies near other enemies, and the damage of the spell was enough to kill them initially, does it
A) Retain the starting duration and just provide the damage for the leftover duration to the new target
B) Retain the starting duration ON the new target (effectively resetting the duration to full)
As it's said in the 1st post

"
If the enemy dies, Contagion spreads, applying the damage over time to surrounding enemies, but maintaining its duration. As long as enemies keep dying, it'll keep spreading until its duration ends.

So the duration for all mobs counts from the first cast made by player. You "curse" first mob for 10 sec, he dies in 5 sec, so the next "cursed" mobs will get only remaining 5 seconds.
"
Kopetan4egX wrote:
"
magpye wrote:
As it's said in the 1st post

"
If the enemy dies, Contagion spreads, applying the damage over time to surrounding enemies, but maintaining its duration. As long as enemies keep dying, it'll keep spreading until its duration ends.

So the duration for all mobs counts from the first cast made by player. You "curse" first mob for 10 sec, he dies in 5 sec, so the next "cursed" mobs will get only remaining 5 seconds.

Ah i see, thanks for this. Probably not a good spell for curse on hit but id love to make it work, especially being chaos dmg and synergy with the node that - all other resistances.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
I imagine, with increased duration, and plenty of damage this would like like a pretty stinking cool "shockwave"
Contagion= HN1N1+Sars+Aids+Ebola

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info