[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Has anyone seen Heges guide for EA?

He basically went for elementalist ascendancy and on passive tree went RT and duelist area instead of elemental overload and EE.

Any differences between the two except more life less damage on Hege variant?

More life is always good the question is if you need all the extra damage with overload and EE?
"Fire damage on gloves, shipmate.' yeah i know thats why i didnt picked EE yet. Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong - when i get +cold, lightning damage on gloves, does EE proc with EA? or i have to use other skill to get this -50% fire on mobs?
"
threvor wrote:
"Fire damage on gloves, shipmate.' yeah i know thats why i didnt picked EE yet. Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong - when i get +cold, lightning damage on gloves, does EE proc with EA? or i have to use other skill to get this -50% fire on mobs?

EA's attack will proc ee but the explosion will make mobs resistant to fire.
"
threvor wrote:
so i've been playing this build for a day or so but i feel like my dmg is soo retarded (low) especially when it comes to single target am i doing something wrong? here is my build:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQN1BLMGDgn2C2EMXw48FCAUcRZvGjgaPhpsHKcc3CSqJbwnLyftKPo1kjbpOuE8BTwtPfxBh0rITeNQR1OlVkhYY1h3WfNaUl8EXz9oZWjyah5qO26qcql2rIIHgseDX4PMjM-QVZErm12drqIAplenCKiarKqtja9stfK3PriTwGbE9sauz37SIdR82CTYTdi92XzbT9-_4MPjauoY6-7vDu988B_yL_JB8kXyl_Pd9kj3Mvjr-ej-Cv6P

im using frost wall but when it comes to kill dried like boss it takes like a min or so -_- my ST 4 link seems to not work properly, cause when i ignite it doesnt do any dmg at all.. checked few videos on yt and some ppl one shot bosses with one EA and i m like WTF?

here is my gear:

Spoiler

sometimes it takes long time to kill a blue pack in dried lake, not mention rare mobs or so ...

I had that problem earlier this league. Because of the flat fire damage the first hit is igniting them, not the explosion. Ignite cannot stack. Take off the flat fire damage and you will see the ignite ST damage.
ok guys here iam again and ofc i need help :P :)
i need help for good gloves i dont know what gloves i must use any specific unique or must have armour life resistances ?
"

so whats the point of picking this passive? when mobs get fire resists after first explosion.. i dont get it, dmg should be way lower after that.
"
threvor wrote:
"

so whats the point of picking this passive? when mobs get fire resists after first explosion.. i dont get it, dmg should be way lower after that.

The attack is a basic attack, the explosion is fire. reason for light or cold damage.
I'm having a weird issue with Frost Wall. My EA goes through it most of the time or doesn't explode on it. I doubled check to make sure I have no pierce anywhere. Does Frost Wall have to be a certain level? Is this technique some kind of unintentional bug? What am I missing?

"
ricesteam wrote:
I'm having a weird issue with Frost Wall. My EA goes through it most of the time or doesn't explode on it. I doubled check to make sure I have no pierce anywhere. Does Frost Wall have to be a certain level? Is this technique some kind of unintentional bug? What am I missing?

Gotta put 2 walls up
Hey everyones, I've been playing EA for the past few months and I just hit 98! It has been a blast. I figured I'd share my experience (hopefully it will be helpful for someone).

My character can be considered as a slight variation of Peyter's, however, there are some distinct differences which result in some differences in game play. Notably, I do not use: Elemental Overload or Elemental Equilibrium. I also very sparsely use curses.

I do not use:

Spoiler

Elemental Overload because I do not feel I need the damage and to have less constraints on gear/passive nodes by not requiring accuracy.

Elemental Equilibrium because firstly it would be difficult with my usual group I map with and secondly EE is incompatible with air bursts (I will return to this in the next paragraph).

Curses (much) because sockets and personal preference towards simplifying game play.

EA is very capable of destroying packs of monsters in T15 maps with one or two fuses due to shotgunning explosions. The trouble with EA is the single target damage. The use of EE, curses and ignite are good solutions, but can be troublesome if you play in groups (I do). So in this post I will speak about single target damage when one forgoes EE and curses.

I rely on (in order of preference):

1) I exploit the current state of explosive arrow's interaction with map features to focus on air bursts or instant explosions. For example, Phase 1 Malachai in Core (standing in the doorway allows you to shotgun the boss area):

2) Frost Wall + Spell Echo; FW is notably buggy and unreliable in that EA shots will more often than not pierce it. Adding echo helps, however in some cases, arrows will still mostly pierce.

3) Weapon swap to my secondary Quill Rain setup for ignite.

Of the above, only the first point needs elaboration. A number of things allow EA to instant explosions: collisions with walls, differences in terrain height and standing near certain objects.

Wall shots: Atziri Trio [link]
Differences in terrain: Abyss Map [link]
Standing near certain objects (trees, wheel barrows, pillars): Sarn Arena [link]

Bonus on wall shots/ frost wall: a pretty reckless Atziri run [link]. You can shotgun her split phases either from where I did or the pile of bodies below [link]. Alternatively, one or two volleys from the ignite bow (where ignite is swapped for Elemental Focus, see below for gear) is sufficient for each of her phases.

I have found air bursts to be a very viable strategy. From memory, there are features in every map T11-T15 which allow this (except Phase 2 Malachai in Core, however it is still possible to complete Core as EA [link].

Tree/ Gear

Spoiler

Tree: [link]
It changes depending on what I'm feeling. Some variations: grabbing the two AOE size nodes near Scion start with Intuitive Leap (huge shotgunning), travelling to Heart of Oak/ Quickstep (more fast, aggressive play style), grabbing the frenzy charges and using Blood Dance boots (massive regen).

Gear and swap gear

Edit: Core Malachai video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZZ1gB2DHZI, so Core viable! I screwed up and Shadow Play only recorded the last 5 minutes. Phase 1 ins't particularly interesting anyways though.

Last edited by polygone on Apr 7, 2016, 9:27:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info