[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Rolled EA char on PHC. First time playing this skill. Chose duelist for that fortify. I'm not sure if it's worth patching through project dmg to Golem's Blood/jewel/IR and to use this ring that would give me Grace for free (BM).

What do you think?
"
macexor wrote:
Rolled EA char on PHC. First time playing this skill. Chose duelist for that fortify. I'm not sure if it's worth patching through project dmg to Golem's Blood/jewel/IR and to use this ring that would give me Grace for free (BM).

What do you think?

You should not go for the golem's blood/frenzy/jewel/accuracy nodes below art of the gladiator yet. There are way to many good defensive nodes that you need to fill out in the rest of the tree, especially since you're playing hc. You can always respec later if you feel comfortable with your health/survivability, and get those nodes then. It's hc, play safe until you feel you can go a bit more "yolo"

In my experience so far in Hc, if you dont have enough hp, ele reflect from yellow mobs will kill you. All it takes is 1 pack big enough that you dont notice the mob has it ^^ I've dropped down to 10-30% several times from ele reflect, just because I noticed the reflect to late. It's scary, and fun.

As for the ring, if you have enough ress on the rest of the gear, you can use it. But there are better uniques you should go for first. see OP's first post.

So stay safe
Last edited by Kelyus on Apr 5, 2016, 9:00:28 AM
Meant Iron Reflexes/Grace, but if ele ref is such a big problem, than I guess:"Screw armor, all the way hp/fire res" ^^
"
macexor wrote:
Meant Iron Reflexes/Grace, but if ele ref is such a big problem, than I guess:"Screw armor, all the way hp/fire res" ^^

Huge life pool \ Essence worm + PoF \ Ele+Zerker spec if Scion OR fortify if duelist \ sybils ring \ Fire resist potion \ +1% fire resist node.
Last edited by foojin on Apr 5, 2016, 9:59:16 AM
So at level 58 in PHC I am just starting to see the beginnings of this build come together.

When does the single target actually happen, when I pick up EO?

Build still feels clunky and awkward but I am assuming things will take shape.
Last edited by TinCanSailor on Apr 5, 2016, 10:25:09 AM
"
TinCanSailor wrote:
So at level 58 in PHC I am just starting to see the beginnings of this build come together.

When does the single target actually happen, when I pick up EO?

Build still feels clunky and awkward but I am assuming things will take shape.

Single target is never a problem with frost wall. Use it and you'll love it. It gives protection as well as op single dps
"
Recovary wrote:
"
shockertrent wrote:
"
Recovary wrote:
Frost wall is your friend for single target dps.

Why has OP decided to add elemental overlord?
What skill does he use to proc crit?

He uses it because the build does not need crit multiplier. so we get 40% Elemental damage from it. also we still use the same Explosive arrow to get crit's. just need some not much crit on your gear to get it active with the GMP.

Hope that helps :).

how much crit should we aim for to utilize the passive?
It seems really unreliable if we can't get them crits :(

The "90% crit chance if you haven't crit recently" enchant for boots is enough to keep EO up permanently. "Recently" means 4 seconds, and EO lasts 8 seconds.
"
AntiStrange wrote:

The "90% crit chance if you haven't crit recently" enchant for boots is enough to keep EO up permanently. "Recently" means 4 seconds, and EO lasts 8 seconds.

So respec into EO only if you have that enchant?
Time to farm some labs :|
"
Recovary wrote:
"
AntiStrange wrote:

So respec into EO only if you have that enchant?
Time to farm some labs :|

No not at all. It's just an easy way to do it without relying on crit items or ice golem. One of the three is really all you need. Crit chance on something or ice golem or the enchant. Just need a crit every 8 seconds so doesn't take much.
Im real frustrated with this build. It looks like its getting talked up so much but @ lvl 59 its awful. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info