[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

"
babo9157 wrote:
Hey If I use thunder of herald to apply curses... it doesn't really work for some reason... but if I replace with firestorm I can apply curses fine... can you please explain why this is happening? :/

You're probably using the Elemental Focus Support gem with your primary Firestorm. This prevents not only Firestorm itself from applying status ailments, but also the Herald of Thunder component, so HoT will never proc, whether or not you have Shaper of Desolation.

Replace Elemental Focus Support with something else and as long as you have HoT linked with Curse on Hit and your curse gems in another set of links, it should work fine.
Last edited by Cruciverbalist on Apr 25, 2017, 8:52:05 PM
So I've hit lv 83 with this build, and so far everything's been good but I'm gettign t10-t11 map drops now and I feel like I'm getting one shotted more often than I should.

I'm sitting at around 4.8k life and 1k energy shield with capped resists.

I tried Atziri just a few hours ago (my first run for this league), and I made it all the way up to the 3rd phase of Atziri before I ran out of portals. It feels like there's next to no room for error when it comes to positioning. I'm also a bit starved for mana, I keep running out in the middle of fights.

Could I get some advice as to where to go with my build to make it just a tiny bit tankier?

Character name is 'clever_lichterman'
Last edited by cornjuliox on Apr 27, 2017, 4:12:57 PM
Hey guys

i've just started the game a week ago but i've gone with the necro build and i'm as glass as crazy.

i'm not sure if i've got the gems in the wrong sockets, wrong gear on etc

anyone online to give me some pointers?

i'm on the eu realm, Sephyrya

thanks
"
cornjuliox wrote:
So I've hit lv 83 with this build, and so far everything's been good but I'm gettign t10-t11 map drops now and I feel like I'm getting one shotted more often than I should.

I'm sitting at around 4.8k life and 1k energy shield with capped resists.

I tried Atziri just a few hours ago (my first run for this league), and I made it all the way up to the 3rd phase of Atziri before I ran out of portals. It feels like there's next to no room for error when it comes to positioning. I'm also a bit starved for mana, I keep running out in the middle of fights.

Could I get some advice as to where to go with my build to make it just a tiny bit tankier?

Character name is 'clever_lichterman'

I'm sitting at 4.1k life and 3.5k ES on this build (could be higher, but I'm also running some item find gear), and that's still not quite enough for real comfort.

My advice is to get a strong Titanium Spirit Shield (400+ ES) and a strong 5L or 6L Vaal or Destroyer Regalia with 500-600 ES. That's what I'm using. These are all meta items though and tend to be expensive, but if you want suitable life/ES totals for endgame (8-10k+), you'll need to spend a bit.

TL;DR: Although this build emphasizes that you need life, life isn't enough. You also want a strong ES.
Last edited by Cruciverbalist on Apr 29, 2017, 6:20:32 AM
I need a bit of help. Running the build but I am extremely fragile. Anyone got gear to sell for a few chaos to help me be able to run higher maps? Or what sort of gear should i specifically look for in the few chaos orb range?

Also, how do you guys equip the lightning golem gem? The build tree gives 34 dex but the level 1 lightning golem needs 35.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
this build is a clearing monster, but fragile as fine crystal. I REALLY need to learn to dodge better.

even though i'm fairly new to the game (this being only my 2nd character) I'm still embarrassed to admit it took me over a dozen tries to beat Izaro and get my Ascendancy. (in fact i only beat him at all cuz i overleveled to 45 and went back)
"
Demogarose wrote:
this build is a clearing monster, but fragile as fine crystal. I REALLY need to learn to dodge better.

even though i'm fairly new to the game (this being only my 2nd character) I'm still embarrassed to admit it took me over a dozen tries to beat Izaro and get my Ascendancy. (in fact i only beat him at all cuz i overleveled to 45 and went back)

Overlevel is perfectly fine, I think I done my normal lab at 53 after dying like 12+ times. See, you already dodge better than me.
Last edited by johnny_is_alive on May 2, 2017, 8:53:54 AM
My Necromancer currently at level 84/ tier 6 maps, feeling bit squishy, dying quite often with map boss like Erythrophagia.
My goal is to reach level 90 and finish 24 challenge this league.
Any suggestion how can I improve?

(https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/johnny_is_alive character name: DashingSwallow )
Hi, i'm also struggling, boss fights mostly impossible, i'm lvl 85, any tips would be apreaciated on what i need to improve, what maybe i'm doing wrong.. I would like to get to the point where i can farm Ulab ( now i can't even finish merc lab) :/
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/vidokas Thanks in advance :)
I just started playing this league, you can check my account.

I am going to be completely honest, You will probably find it hard to progress further than 85 with this character without investing a lot more in currency, my recommendation would be to start a new char, I chose nghamu flame zerker, (xophs blood(170chaos) is required to do end game content) in total the zerk cost me about 2 exalts in total.

I cannot thank the creator of this build enough because it really helped me learn the game, but hopefully by the time you hit tier 10-11 maps you have found enough currency to try a new build.

Best of luck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info