[2.2] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

"
Glored wrote:
Hey, I played this build on HC talisman. I have to say its pretty good, u can go melee for nuking boss and stay ranged while clearing and whirling blades is an insane skill for survivability/movement. I managed to get 89 lvl and 87% my personal best on HC ever( so close for achiev/chellange ;/ ), I was doing t9-10 maps easly(Had only 2 drops of t11+). Killed piety in malformation twice, freaking totems in volcano. Although I died a terrbile way one shotted by devourer in Orchard, even though it was like 6th run there with killing boss. Apparently when he does his big blow on golem and ur in range of 1 whirl blade aoe still gets you. Had 5k life and 1800 ES, managed to get 40k dps in hideout and 50k with frenzy charges on 5l.
My gear:

I highly recommend this build to anyone, thanks pizza for sharing it.
Had ton of fun with lightning strike(I dont even remember when i used it last time).

Thanks and nice work on getting to 89 in HC! That amulet is really good lol. Bad luck on the rip :(

@Tunakidd

I think it's kind of based on preference. I really liked the spectral throw version of the build and the DPS + survivability is pretty good.

If you're looking for just pure damage and you have quite a fair bit of currency, I think crit will deal more damage with rat's nest, maligaro's, crit multi amulets and GG daggers.

This build makes a trade off for survivability though, since we use defensive mechanisms like lightning coil, AA, 1h + shield and Mind over Matter.

Crit builds on the right side of the tree don't have a lot of life so they will prob run belly and won't use LC or AA. This makes it riskier to get one-shot. They tend to run Bloodrage which is a bit more danagerous and dedicate a lot of of points to crit so they might be a bit squishy, but they can freeze, which is quite nice.

Another note, my build is kind of tricky for newer players. You have to follow my gear really closely and know what you are doing. I didn't realise this before, but a lot of players messaged me ingame because they don't know a lot about EB/MOM/ZO, gearing and jewels etc. So if you're a newer player, I think the crit version will be easier to understand.

So I explained both and it's up to you to choose which one. Btw you need some projectile speed on your jewels for my build. And if you compare DPS, take note that we have lightning penetration.

Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 13, 2016, 8:21:01 AM
Hey there,

I'm using this build right now in THC and I am enjoying it quite a lot. Some things i dont get yet is how to achieve a reasonable amount of ES. Since blood dance and an Ar/EV armor dont give any there is "more or less" only helm gloves and shield. How do you guys get to 1,4 - 1,8k ES?
I mean what can u get on a shield or helm (without spending several ex..), like 300 - 350ES each? Then again you need life and maybe resist on the piece too, making it really expensive. Even with those items you will hardly pass 800 ES I guess.. Is there somethign I dont see?

@Glored

I would really like to see your passive tree, as I dont get how you get that amount of HP/ES/DPS. I'm at ~3,2k HP 280ES 3,5k dps with 4 Frenzy (ST thought but still...)
Everything is so much more then mine. You gear is definitely ways better, but I don't see that this makes that much of a difference as your numbers show. I'm really envy of your 5l LC, cause those things cost like 6ex....

My gear and passive tree right know looks like this (help and suggestions HIGHLY appreciated):

I know I have to change helm and shield for more ES, but I'm out of currency right now and have to farm a bit first...

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAx4HHg5IEQ8RLxGWFLAWbxa_GdcaOBpsHNwfQSSqJpUrCjaJNuk6WDsNRXxFnUlRSbFMLVNSVEdVS1XGWfNd8mHiZp5nvXIPfll-r3_Ggh6IQow2jRmPGo9GkFWTJ5OVlS6Xl5rgm6Gdrp7EoS-mvqcIrJitM7Q4vorBxdfP2V_a3dsL3YzgEuNq5Rnr7u-I7-vw1fTp98H31_k3-tL79Q==?accountName=Kinglooi&characterName=Zharune

next points should go into the life node next to devotion and then going RT.

If anyone can help that would be really great :)
IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
Hey Kinglooi,

I'm assuming you are quite low level around 63. Your Life and damage are pretty decent for your level. Glored's stats were at level 89 and my stats were at level 91 so you still have a fair bit to go. Also get jewels with very high attack speed bonuses (and life if possible). Don't worry too much atm. Your DPS is also lower since you are running life leech.

Nowadays I recommend everyone to just use lightning strike since the skill is just better mechanically and offensively. Resolute Technique will be a very big damage boost for you. A neat trick I like to use, early into leagues is the thunderfist unique gloves. This allows you to put your spectral throw / lightning strike gem setup into your gloves and use an unlinked lightning coil, which is a lot cheaper. When you can get your 5L coil, then replace the thunderfists with rare gloves. Also, try to get a talisman like Glored's whihlch gives over 50% increased lightning damage.

For ES, to get to 1.4k ES, you need high ES on your gloves, helm, shield and belt. After adding up your ES, it seems you have around 127% Increased ES which is quite significant. Therefore to reach 1.4k ES, you only need around 625 ES on all your gear combined. Get 200-250+ ES on your shield if possible, 100+ on your gloves, 150+ on your helm, 50+ on your belt and some ES on your jewellery if you can (the higher the better). Once you have 1400 ES or close to that amount, spec into EB/MoM/ZO and you will be set.

Update me of your progress if you want and I can provide some tips along the way. Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 13, 2016, 1:09:43 AM
Just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this build, currently playing on THC and having a blast. Have had some close calls, and just got my Lightning Coil @ level 82, currently 85.

Current gear:

Sitting with 4847 hp and 1554 shield

Current passive tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAx4HHg5IEQ8RLxGWFLAWbxa_GdcaOBpsG_EfGB9BJKomlScvKwoyiTaJNuk6WDrYOw1DY0PIRZ1G10lRSbFMLU8EUftTUlRHVUtVxlcpV-JZ813yYeJmVGaeZ71o8nFNcYVyD3Kpd-V82X6vfsd_xoIegpuFMohCjDaNGY9GkFWTJ5OVlG-VLprPmuCboZ2unsShL6IApr6nCKyYrKqtM7FCvorBxcy3zRbVddfP2V_bC92M4BLhc-Nq5Yvr7u0g74jv6_Af8NX06fcy98H31_k3-d360g==?accountName=dagthomas&characterName=FuckingFistFaces

Very fun to play, enjoying it alot - just wanted to say tnx for the writedown :)
@dagthomas

Ahh thanks :D

Play safe and try to get to 90! Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 13, 2016, 1:16:35 AM
I'm actually level 64 right now, so I still got some way to go ;)

Concerning the LC, on THC the price is pretty high, with 5,5ex for a nonlinked and 6ex for a 5-linked one. So buying a non linked one is out of the question. And I don't even have one ex so... I gotta farm before getting something shiny like a LC.

I will probably switch to lightning strike too, as the skill is too powerful but not right now. I started this build solely because I was looking for a ST build. I just love the Seraph Wing MTX too much... One thing I was wondering a lot when checking the gear of you guys: You all seem to play without life leech. How do you manage that with no life regen due to ZO and always spending life for whirling blades due to blood magic? This sounds really fragile to me, especially on HC. I wouldn't dare to lose my ll right now actually....
Is ther any magic trick you do that I don't know, or are you just trinking A LOT of pots?

IGN: Myralah (Rampage)
@Kinglooi

You have the +80 life gained on kill which is fairly significant from Hyaon's. That and flasks should be enough (try getting instant flasks). As Glored mentioned, you can also try to corrupt lightning leech on your Hyaon's, but that will be quite hard.

I guess you can keep life leech until you get Mind over Matter and good ES. Also, once you get a higher level blood magic, the skill won't cost as much.

If you can't get an unlinked coil, maybe just use an unlinked belly of the beast/ Daresso's for now. Along with thunderfist. Otherwise just keep using your normal 5L armour.

You can try testing lightning strike out later and see which one you prefer.

Have fun! Play safe!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 15, 2016, 2:58:15 AM
Hello! I started leveling your build as a Shadow but I noticed your Shadow Passive leveling trees are still outdated! Any chance you could fix those?
@Kalvish

Hey man. On the top of my build page, there is a section called 2.1 skill tree. That is the updated skill tree. Good luck!
Hi, this looks like a fun build, but there are a couple things that are a bit painful with lightning strike that I'm struggling with.

First, it seems you have to be in direct line of sight... the lighting travels along the floor and if there's anything in the way it's blocked. There have been a bunch of times where I was right next to something and couldn't kill it because some tiny obstacle was on the floor. Seems like that would get me killed at higher levels.

Second, I'm constantly holding down the shift key for 'attack in place'. Otherwise you just run towards what you are trying to attack, and if you attack to close to yourself it's hard to aim.

Everything else about this build seems strong... any suggestions on how to work around these two issues? I'm only lvl28 so just getting started so maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info