[2.2] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

I removed many of them.
Just hit lvl 80, i got 1.4k ES. It's way enough for me. When you take burst of damage, you'll still have some ES, so no reason to get more ES (i'm still doing mid lvl maps, t8-10, so it might be different on higher ones).

I removed them because i'm missing a lot of dps, so i took some attack speed nodes and also extra charge for frenzy charge. Fully buffed, i got 46k dps on frost blades, that's not your 90k :p

I'm still looking for good rings/amulet (and jewels, but they are so rare), i need more flat lightning damage on them. Also, i didnt buy all piece of gear at the same time, so i got 180 dex, that's way too much.

Here's what it looks like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAImNBINX6g Enfeeble + 60% résist lightning map (only t7 map)
I had no idea how to fight the boss !

Now switching to lightning strike because it's way more powerful (kinda sad for frost blades, i like this skill so much)
Last edited by Aldween on Jan 24, 2016, 3:16:39 AM
"
Aldween wrote:
I removed many of them.
Just hit lvl 80, i got 1.4k ES. It's way enough for me. When you take burst of damage, you'll still have some ES, so no reason to get more ES (i'm still doing mid lvl maps, t8-10, so it might be different on higher ones).

I removed them because i'm missing a lot of dps, so i took some attack speed nodes and also extra charge for frenzy charge. Fully buffed, i got 46k dps on frost blades, that's not your 90k :p

I'm still looking for good rings/amulet (and jewels, but they are so rare), i need more flat lightning damage on them. Also, i didnt buy all piece of gear at the same time, so i got 180 dex, that's way too much.

Here's what it looks like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAImNBINX6g Enfeeble + 60% résist lightning map (only t7 map)
I had no idea how to fight the boss !

Now switching to lightning strike because it's way more powerful (kinda sad for frost blades, i like this skill so much)

Ah Nice work man. I watched your video, it was pretty nice clear speed for an enfeeble + 60% light res map. Your DPS is pretty nice as well so great work!

Yeah I agree that Lightning strike is a lot better, maybe in the future they might buff frost blades a bit more..
https://youtu.be/CiJIeq1_9q8
Here's one with lightning strike. Way more damage. I just don't like that it get blocked by any obstacles. A bit annoying in dungeon maps, with small rooms, while frost blades will just ignore it.
Looks good. Great work!
Would Slower Projectiles work well with Lightning Strike? They already have speed to spare and it gets to being a pretty decent more bonus. Only problem being the complete lack of feedback from the game about how much you're actually doing.
"
Would Slower Projectiles work well with Lightning Strike? They already have speed to spare and it gets to being a pretty decent more bonus. Only problem being the complete lack of feedback from the game about how much you're actually doing.

Hi dis_astranagant,

I wouldn't recommend slower projectiles, because the more damage multiplier (30% more) is too low and it doesn't affect our melee hit, which therefore reduces our single-target damage.

In comparison, something like Added Lightning/Faster Attacks provides a higher/similar DPS boost and applies to both our melee single-target and our projectiles.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 25, 2016, 11:37:36 PM
Why it's too low? it's adding more damage than added lightning. I'm actually playing with slower projectiles. (projectile speed is kinda useless on lightning strike).
It's 30% more damage, not increased.

Also, i rarely hit on melee range. (except vs crap bosses)
Hi Aldween,

I think compared to something like WED, which is a 1.6x 'more' multiplier, Slower projectiles is a lot lower. But 30% more damage is still quite significant.

Since you have a green socket remaining, try testing out a high level Faster Attacks over Slower Projectiles and see which one you prefer.

I think damage-wise, faster attacks/ added lightning/ slower proj all offer similar damage bonuses so they are easily interchangeable. Added lightning is really only effective when its level 19 or higher, if it's below that, the damage bonus is too low. The main difference is the single-target. If you don't use the melee attack, then you are free to use whichever gem your prefer.

Have fun!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 26, 2016, 6:14:39 AM
I'm currently lvl 62 playing this build on Templar and so far it's very fun. Thanks supreme_pizza.

But now that I can equip Hyaon's I've lost a lot of attack speed and I've been thinking of replacing one of my gems with faster attacks (I'm using LS+ multistrike + light pen. + added lighting + wep ele in LC). You said that damage-wise faster attack was similar to added lightning but that the main difference was single target damage... what do you mean by this? I still have to get gloves with attack speed and I still don't have the Coordination node (12% attack speed). Would you recommend that I switch added lightning with faster attacks?

Also, I'm about to complete the bandits quest on merciless and I'm wondering if I should get the extra frenzy charge. With Blood Dance we lose 3% attack speed per frenzy charge so the extra charge only gives us 4% damage and 1% attack speed. At this point i'd take a 4% attack speed or 10% light damage node over this but i'd like to hear your opinion.

Thanks and good job on the build.
@plainpenguin

No I was talking about Slower Projectiles for the single-target thing so don't worry about that unless you decide on running slower projectiles.

But yeah, try faster attacks over added lightning damage. I think faster attacks is better than added lightning damage (until your added lightning damage gem gets to very high levels (19+). This build is very jewel heavy, so try to get heaps of attack speed from your jewels later on.

Also, get the Frenzy charge. Frenzy charges give +4% 'more' damage (so it multiplies ALL your damage by 1.04), + 0.5% life regen, + 12% increased lightning damage, + 20 life gained on kill (from Hyaon's). The life regen is important to sustaining your EB/MOM/ZO.

Hope this helps! have fun!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 26, 2016, 7:55:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info