[2.2] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

Here's my updated gear guys:

With those i got 58k dps at hideout with golem active. With 4frenzy charges it gets up to 78k and if i use vaal haste it gets over 85k!!! Since I run light pene the results are better to element resistant mobs/bosses. The only thing is that sometimes I get cocky and think that I can get away with it and kill the mobs before they kill me LOL... I think this is a good time to try the atziri map since the 2 previous times (one at lvl70 which we didn't even pass the first boss, and the other my friend died 2 times at the first boss and after that i got game crash and 1 cocky death like the one i was talking about before) I failed...
@armsinmotion

Oh wow, I just checked the prices for talisman, and it is a lot more expensive than I thought (current lowest one costs 40 chaos). I remember I purchased mine for only 1 chaos or so.

Yeah a lot of the tankiness of this build comes from Mind over Matter, Arctic Armour and Lightning Coil.

I'm assuming you are running this off mana right now, so what I would suggest, is to get EB + ZO first. Use the Immortal Flesh belt. Run Arctic Armour + Wrath + Herald of Thunder. Use Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Poacher's Mark, instead of HoT + CoH + Conductivity for now.

I think switching to Lightning strike would be best for now. I find it to be the best skill out of Spectral throw and Frost blades atm and might clear better.

The links will be Lightning Strike - Multistrike - WED - Lightning Penetration - Added Lightning Damage. If you can't get a 5L, put this setup in the "Thunderfist' gloves (around 1-2 chaos). This will allow you to use some nice and cheap unlinked unique / rare armours such as Daresso's Defiance, Cloak of Flame, Queen of the Forest (if you have the dex). Later on, you can upgrade them to an unlinked Belly of the Beast / Lightning Coil.

Anyways, good luck!!
Last edited by cookees on Dec 19, 2015, 2:38:22 AM
@icy20

Fuarrr... nice work man! 78k unbuffed DPS with Lightning Penetration is very huge! Haha even higher than mine. I've only got 65k unbuffed right now.

Good luck for Atziri!!!
Last edited by cookees on Dec 19, 2015, 3:03:23 AM
Hey,
First of all i wanted to thank you for this awesome looking build , i have some questions :
- What's the difference between Templar and Shadow ?
- Do you think it's atziri viable in 2.1 ? And if yes will i be able to farm her ?
- Dint quite understand how the defenses works should you prioritize ev , armor or es base gear?
- What would be your second choice if you didn't have a lightning coil ?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Dec 19, 2015, 7:29:13 PM
@_BetaMax_

Hi! I'll got thru your questions 1 by 1.

1. Shadow has more damage, but Templar has more life regen. In the current meta, with the nerf to blood dance, I think the life regeneration from templar will help a lot with sustaining EB costs. The difference is only 4 nodes though, so it's not a big deal.

2. It should be Atziri viable. I haven't tested with Lightning Strike or Frost blades yet, so I'm not 100% certain if they can. With Spectral throw it shouldn't be too hard, it just depends on your mechanical skills. Kill the two vaal oversouls at the same time, leave the cycloner to last, dodge the flameblasts etc. If you have to, maybe respec out of Mind over Matter for the fight if you have to, so you don't run out of ES to cast your skills.

3. You want enough ES to get to 1400-1600+. Then you should get armour/evasion gear. If you go for a lightning coil, that provides a nice chunk of Evasion and Armour. Try to get hybrid armour/es gear or evasion/es gear.

4. If you don't have lightning coil, probably a decent 5L chest or a belly of the beast. You can put the 5L in your 'thunderfist murder mitts' and use an unlinked belly/lightning coil and that would be a cheaper alternative.

No worries and gl!
Last edited by cookees on Dec 19, 2015, 8:27:23 PM
@supreme_pizza have you thought about taking Whispers of Doom passive node? (one more curse)
@ChronoControl

Hey chrono, yeah I thought about it. But ultimately I decided that it was too inefficient. We don't really need it anyways since we aren't using Blasphemy and Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit isn't that reliable. Enfeeble procs when we take damage, and when we are on the offense, we have conductivity for the extra damage and shock chance.
Hey guys I won't be able to reply to any comments in the future for a while. I may be busy with some other stuff. Sorry in advance!
Final update. Updated Formatting, notes, gear and DPS.

The new Vessel of Vinktar is a great Flask for our build, but it is currently very expensive. With a 20q Vinktar's, we can facetank any boss for 5 seconds and also gain a lot of DPS. Try to get the lightning penetration / added lightning version. Use it with a grounding flask to remove the shock.

I recommend you wait a bit before purchasing, because the prices will drop soon.
Last edited by cookees on Dec 23, 2015, 7:04:22 AM
Great guide! I have a question. Maybe I missed it but how do you regen health aside from the flasks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info