Is this the end of POE?

"
StumpyJoe wrote:

It is a little odd seeing you dodging on the first paragraph of my previous post.

It is already answered.

"
Anyway, this topic isn't about segregation of leagues, its about whether or not Path of Exile is "dying". Its purely yourself who keeps the discussion about sc and hc going.

I was talking about grinding. You are the one who opened the topic about HC and SC.

"
I told you to play hc because your mindset for what you want out of the game isn't possible because that's not how these kinds of games are designed. You also kept mentioning how the game isn't hard, but are pretty quick to slander me on baseless claims.

If I already state I don't like grindy games, why would you ask me to play a grindy game? Your action isn't made in my best interest. What is your motive here for asking me to play Hardcore here?

"
Ego has nothing to do with anything here friend. You yourself became insulted when you misunderstood the tone of my posts. With you discrediting the game so much I figured you can put your money where your mouth is and play hardcore with your philosophy in mind. Also I get it, you don't like that the game isn't realistic enough and that's totally fine. For some reason you think that I'm telling you how to enjoy your games when I haven't once said you were wrong for what you like or don't like. I only focused upon points that you used to say that the game was "dying", which is the only thing I believe you to be wrong about.

I didn't say it is dying, I say it isn't growing.

"
Just relax and remember the point of the thread. I'll debate with you about the topic all you want, but you gotta let the personal stuff go for it to work.

Except you are being all defensive in a topic about people saying this game is "dying'. Maybe you don't see it yourself?
"
No, it's not. There are some pretty crazy things coming. And these things will almost certainly keep some people playing. Bring others back. Force others to leave. All three are events evident of something that has not in actuality ended.

But I think you're being rhetorical, robertredberry, and going by past threads you've instigated and past attitudes I've observed, I do believe it's the end of *your time* with PoE.

I strongly recommend not confusing the end of something with the end of your participation in it. Strongly.

This thread could have stopped after this post honestly. Seems like the overwhelming majority of the people who love and support this game will continue to do so on and off. Such provocative yet empty thread titles shouldn't get so much attention.
Around Rampage league I was playing with +-8 RL people.
4 or 5 of them quit because of desync before even reaching merc.

IMO desync WAS THE worst part this game ever had to deal with, literally losing 1000's of players.

With that being fixed, guess trading is the most upsetting part remaining.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
"
Hodari wrote:
"
Smells like Nerfana.

Nice one :)

And for yet another piece of evidence to disprove the original question in this topic:

"
This set of supporter packs was our most popular yet

Apparently more people than ever before not only played this expansion, but decided there was something about it that they liked enough to be willing to pay even though they didn't have to. The game certainly has some issues, but I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

Their most popular packs because they sold access to the beta, read between the lines, those guys ain't coming back.

GGG are pros at cherry picking what stats they reveal, we weren't born yesterday/
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Oct 31, 2015, 2:48:09 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:

Their most popular packs because they sold access to the beta, read between the lines, those guys ain't coming back.

GGG are pros at cherry picking what stats they reveal, we weren't born yesterday/

That's actually a good point. GGG pulled off a Tom Sawyer on their playerbase: they made players pay to beta test the game. Then, on top of everything, they didn't listen to the feedback they got and released the Awakening with a fuckton of problems. That's bound to create severe disillusionment and antagonize a lot of players.

I didn't pay for closed beta access and I still lost a great deal of respect and faith in GGG's competence, I can only imagine what it is for someone who fell victim to the Awakening hype, paid for beta access and received a dose of hard, unpleasant reality to the face.

Players might be willing to forgive greedy policy if the results are amazing, but when the results are actually a direct contradiction to the marketing hype, well, players can be vindictive too. I'm reminded of Blizzard who managed to turn from god status into a company despised by many with their series of greedy and unsatisfactory (or outright horrible in D3's case) moves.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 31, 2015, 3:03:14 PM
Hopefully not. But it seems like GGG tries its best to be a niche game to the point of losing players. I can still remember the hype Awakening had from OB until it was released. All the potential lost in disappointing RNG measures aimed at controlling the top players not minding its repercussions on the majority of players its trying to reel in. Not satisfied, they even choke the life out of veteran players by continuously nerfing what is fun and sell new skills that end up so-so compared to cyclone flame totem and PA etc. Bottom line, it got boring so fast even the fluff with the divination cards cant save it.

Although communication lines with its players are amazing, it is also equally amazing that none of the blatant problems of the game being raised doesn't seem to get through their proud niche roots. Map drops (renaming it to tiers didn't solve any problem), poor graphics performance in pugs, poor graphics performance with ground effects, one shot mechanics and lack of in game trading. All their problems only multiply by ignoring them while adding new content.

I am on hiatus from this game and all the negative feedback and shortened leagues isn't pulling me back either. But still the love for this game is worth the visit to tell GGG to rethink fast before it really does end or be the "almost" popular game that only a small segment of the population played.

"
No, it's not. There are some pretty crazy things coming. And these things will almost certainly keep some people playing. Bring others back. Force others to leave. All three are events evident of something that has not in actuality ended.

But I think you're being rhetorical, robertredberry, and going by past threads you've instigated and past attitudes I've observed, I do believe it's the end of *your time* with PoE.

I strongly recommend not confusing the end of something with the end of your participation in it. Strongly.

+1

this post sounds like jeanClaudeVanDamme: "i believe the end is soon...."

cmon dudes..... poe will still have a fan base if they wont update it anymore.... i think without updates the game will have fans for then next 10 years...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
monsoonrider wrote:

I 100% agree. Tho I'll try the new temp league with pseudo shrines. Seems funny. Good place trying a new build. :)
I always take breaks but I always come back to this game. Really it depends on what I feel like doing.
Shoot'm up? Planetside2
Practice binary? Minecraft
Vortex zombie? 7 Days to die
Poe is my 'character creation and development' game I have sooo much fun making wonky builds.

Unfortunately when Fallout 4 comes out I'll be on a break again, sucks because I missed last season and haven't played much since the expansion beta.
I believe the game is basically over. A great deal of the changes they've made since 2.0 have made the game extremely boring. I'll always check out the new leagues, but this is what will happen. I'll make a character, play for a week and remember why I keep quitting the game.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info