[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

"
Lappenforce wrote:
I'm having huge problems with Single targets especially bosses, it basically takes forever sometimes.

I'm having a 5L with Arctic breath + fireball, 87% crit on barrage with 6 charges.
Any solution to single target?

I was thinking that since most bosses have resistance to elemental damage, why not just do physical damage? So I switch in a blade fall and it's just rekting bosses so fast. I only do this for bosses since I only have a 5 link, but once I get a 6 link, which is never, I will have bladefall socketed in forever. :)
Last edited by Akuq on Jan 2, 2016, 11:03:31 AM
Oh Bladefall is that good? Scales with Spell dmg but does physical, right?

What gem to do you take out? GMP?
I do Bladefall and Arc with Increased Critical Strike when I know I'm going to have single target trouble.

Anyone tried Volley Fire jewel? I'm using two and I'm wondering how big of a difference it makes. I lifted the idea from another CoC guide (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1520876)
Enjoying this build so far, but two things the guide should point out. First is more in-depth talk about your other skill links, what CWDT setup you like, potential curses, etc. It only really talks about Barrage/Kinetic and how to link that. Also, it's a budget build, but getting GGGB on a Voll's is pretty expensive in chroms, it's almost 200 to get it using Vorici. If you're currency poor and are buying a 4l Voll's for 1-2c, 200 chroms to get the right colors is probably prohibitive.
I've just started my Talisman character with this build. I'm currently level 44 and am running CoC already. I haven't been as excited to play a build for a long time. There are some interesting possibilities and I will have some fun updates for build in the coming days.

Blasphemy - Assassin mark + Restless Ward is pretty amazing for keeping charges up.
I'm swapping over at 50 to CoC now. What 'should' my crit chance be at this point? (still havent taken the 2 power charges from the tree yet)
"
animalhouse wrote:
I'm swapping over at 50 to CoC now. What 'should' my crit chance be at this point? (still havent taken the 2 power charges from the tree yet)

You want to have around 50% chance to crit without power charges. Here is my levelling gear.

Spoiler

Current Gear at Level 74 Talisman League.

Current Spells
Arc - Amazing! The Additional chains it gained in 2.1 are insane. Shock is really nice.
Ice Spear - The 7% base crit chance means that you easily hit over 50% chance to crit and everything is frozen.
Arctic Breath - As usual good defensive utility.

Volley Fire

This Jewel is really really nice, I am currently running two of them, it makes map/pack clearing a lot easier and speedier without effecting your single target much. Incredibly worthwhile slotting in 2 of these. Three would be nice but hard to make work with the tree.

"
Current Gear at Level 74 Talisman League.

Have you considered a dual curse alternative tree or setup now that you are using blasphemy ? It could be amazing for extra survability
Hf :)
Hello AngryCustard,

i thank you for making the guide for this awesome build, it's the most fun build i've been playing since
Beta. But i got a quick question.
I think i got real low Dps, well it's not low, but not as good as yours.
This is my gear

Tooltip:
Arctic Breath 3k
Arc 2.9K
Freezing Pulse 4K

Skill Tree is the same as shown in the guide.
My life pool is about 4.8k. Resistances are capped, I'm at 95% Crit Chance and Multiplier is at 300%.

I'm running through maps like a train but I don't understand how you manage to get 5K+ Dps per skill.

Lookin forward to hear from you!
What Ive been doing and it has been really effective.
Im running a dual curse set up on my gloves
I have Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - WEll the curses are really up to use but I like WArlords mark for Endurance charger and leech and also poachers mark - I enjoy the accuracy, flask charger and frebzy charges.
I get the additional curse from Doedres Damning, its a cheap and effective ring. And even with it resistances are pretty easy to manage.
Whad do you guys think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info