[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

The Restless Ward!

I have updated the build to include information around the Restless Ward. This chest completely changes this build. No longer do you have to try and get 3 off colours on Voll's protector. It also has life that Voll's Doesn't have and doesn't cripple your mana pool. I cannot recommend this chest enough. Get yourself one and use it with Blasphemy + Assassins Mark, you will never have any issues with charge generation again.

Current Gear in Talisman

I have also updated the build to include Blood Rage... And I have also added a review of Bladefall which is pretty much the most glorious thing in the world.

Current Skill Setup is.

lvl 2 Barrage > GMP > CoC > Artic Breath > Bladefall (5L) > Arc (6L)

Charge Generation
Blood Rage > Increased Duration
Blasphemy > Assassins Mark

Aura Setup
Blasphemy > Herald of Ice > Herald of Thunder

Current Passive Tree at Level 90

Currently 5.2K Health was able to Atziri at level 86 with 4.8K Life.

Great build so far, just about to hit Merciless and loving it heaps. I'm using a tabula atm, would you recommend switching to a 5L Restless Ward when I meet the level requirement or stick with the tabula till I have enough saved for a 6L Restless Ward? Thank for the updates, appreciate it. :D
"
SebIsKira wrote:
Great build so far, just about to hit Merciless and loving it heaps. I'm using a tabula atm, would you recommend switching to a 5L Restless Ward when I meet the level requirement or stick with the tabula till I have enough saved for a 6L Restless Ward? Thank for the updates, appreciate it. :D

I would say this depends on a couple of things. What is your crit chance on barrage without power charges? If it is above 75% then not sustaining your power charges constantly isn't the end of the world for you and having a third spell is better for your DPS. However if you are getting a lot of hits that aren't criting, then you're better off extending the life of your power charges, so running restless ward will assist with making sure you're criting with every shot.

5L Restless wards are under priced at the moment you can buy one for around 2/3rds the price of 5L one yourself.
Great response, thanks. Yeah I'm at 55% atm, but still only level 54 or so. I'll finish merciless and check my crit chance then. Have a feeling I'll go for the 5L Restless :)

Also, any reason you are using a lvl 2 barrage?
Last edited by SebIsKira on Jan 18, 2016, 7:53:11 PM
"
SebIsKira wrote:
Great response, thanks. Yeah I'm at 55% atm, but still only level 54 or so. I'll finish merciless and check my crit chance then. Have a feeling I'll go for the 5L Restless :)

Also, any reason you are using a lvl 2 barrage?

It costs the same amount of mana as a level 1.
thanks custard, love your work. Just hitting lvl 60 and stuff is starting to get destroyed. Also swapping out arctic breath with spark and using a call of the brotherhood, while in zones with walls like daresso is super fun. So much shatters :) Arctic breath still seems to be the winner in wide open zones though.

Anyway, thanks again.
Been playing this build in the Talisman HC league. I'm liking the changes you've made so far. Though I'm currently running Vaal Pact. I have Blasphemy linked to Assassin's mark for generating charges reliably (running a Tabula atm) and CoH/ double Herald/ Warlord's mark for generating endurance charges/leech. I've just switched to this combo so I have yet to test it thoroughly. I'll have a better go at it after reset tonight. My reasoning is mostly that I don't want to rip to reflect. But I do like the added survivability.

IGN: Sleepmonsters
Last edited by SleepHiFi on Jan 21, 2016, 3:51:00 PM
yeah Ive ripped to reflect a few times in softcore. Dealing phys and elemental damage with bladefall and arctic breath can be a bit dangerous for sure.
Hey there!

I've been enjoying your build so much that I have two characters for it (one on SC, needs adjustment to the current tree and gems) and I even hyped a friend to level as one! (he's also enjoying it so much!) So I wanted to thank personally even though I'm more of a reader than a typer on forums. Thanks for the awesome build!

So far I have gotten my hands on:

Since I'm a lazy, lazy person I wanted to change my gear a bit and instead of using Enduring Cry I linked a Warlord's Mark gem to HoT and since I think I have enough crit, I changed one of my rings to Doedre's to sustain both curses. I can do 76 maps with super ease (skipping any kind of reflect though), despite I haven't finished the tree yet. I haven't tried higher tiers but will do soon!
Thanks again!
Last edited by skallia on Jan 28, 2016, 12:44:04 PM
"
skallia wrote:
Spoiler
Hey there!

I've been enjoying your build so much that I have two characters for it (one on SC, needs adjustment to the current tree and gems) and I even hyped a friend to level as one! (he's also enjoying it so much!) So I wanted to thank personally even though I'm more of a reader than a typer on forums. Thanks for the awesome build!

So far I have gotten my hands on:

Since I'm a lazy, lazy person I wanted to change my gear a bit and instead of using Enduring Cry I linked a Warlord's Mark gem to HoT and since I think I have enough crit, I changed one of my rings to Doedre's to sustain both curses. I can do 76 maps with super ease (skipping any kind of reflect though), despite I haven't finished the tree yet. I haven't tried higher tiers but will do soon!
Thanks again![/spolier]
Spoiler

Hey man glad that you're liking the build. Your gear looks pretty solid and sneaking in an atziri's step is a solid defensive option. Consider life/resist boots and swapping your helm for a starkonjas. You should be fine against reflect if you have capped resist and cwdt immortal call for phys reflect from bladefall.

I have been experimenting with attack speed. Due to the limit of 20 casts per second on CoC there is a sweet spot for gmp barrage. It's not an exact science due to a couple of factors. The devs have stated that adding gmp to your barrage makes it take longer than your stated attack time. Also the length of the 'spool up' on your barrage changes depending on your attack speed. But you want to be attacking at a speed that your 8 projectiles are hitting mobs ever so slightly farther apart than 50ms. From what I can work out you don't want your attack speed to be faster than 0.4. You can easily exceed this speed with blood rage and three frenzy charges even using omen/prophecy wands. Be careful we using imbued wands not to over speed and potentially miss procs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info