[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

What's the benefit of using a 3rd spell in the 6th socket of your 6L? How do Spell Echo, Controlled Destruction or Elemental Focus stack up?

edit: Also, does the extra projectile and pierce chance from Deadeye put LMP ahead of GMP?
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
Last edited by Peace_Frog on Apr 7, 2016, 12:52:20 PM
Hi there,

Using this and enjoying it. I am level 56 now and starting to wreck things. I have one question though.... how do you know if Volley Fire jewel is working? Its doesn't change anything on the tool tip at all. (projectile amount etc). I have it in the Shadow slot between Infused and Blood Drinker.

Cheers.
"
Mobileman22 wrote:
Hi there,

Using this and enjoying it. I am level 56 now and starting to wreck things. I have one question though.... how do you know if Volley Fire jewel is working? Its doesn't change anything on the tool tip at all. (projectile amount etc). I have it in the Shadow slot between Infused and Blood Drinker.

Cheers.

Best way is to see it visually when you cast Barrage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCArJWWnZ6A
Look, man. Video games are hard, okay?
Last edited by Peace_Frog on Apr 7, 2016, 10:10:47 PM
Any video of this build?
Hey guys,

It's a great build and I've enjoyed playing it a lot.

I am now level 90 and am using Barrage - Arctic Breath - Ice Spear with GMP in a 5link.

I've picked up the passives "Frost Walker" and "Snowforged" to support my cold damage. I am wrecking everything except cold resistant monsters and bosses.

I have a couple of questions.

- How much life should I have with good equipment? I am currently at 4,4 k Life + 200 ES full resis.

- How do I deal with monsters that are resistant to elemental damage / cold damage?

- How do I deal with monsters that reflect elemental damage? I can't check every rare that I slay because it would take way too much time so I usually kill myself after shooting one single volley.

Why cold? I really enjoy the effects and freezing my enemies. It looks, sounds and is literally cool.

I'm using a Voll's with 5 Links, currently saving up for my 6link that I'll most likely get in a couple of days. will that push me a lot?

Last edited by LukeHimself on Apr 15, 2016, 8:43:37 AM
where i need allocate volley fire ? i have at least 1 socket with 40 dex in radius :(
Sry ... yes i have 2 socket with 50 dex in radius :\ sry again is first day i have respect in this build ... for now i have only 1,5k dps each skill but i need lvl up gems
what do you think about using the rolling flame jewels for this spec?

Also isn't assassin scion ascendency bad because barrage will hit first and the crit multi from it will only apply on full life enemies?

How do you deal with reflect?
Last edited by dantven on May 25, 2016, 4:18:58 PM
would instead of 2 spells + gmp also bladefall + inc aoe + poison(or something else) work ?

At least it sounds funny

edit: Testing Bladefall+Glacial Cascade+Poison and it works quite well. Just poison seems to be not really doing anything because of the lack of passive points for it, gonna lookout for another gem. Has a nice impact.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
Last edited by AkumaNoTsubasa on Jun 2, 2016, 1:57:20 PM
Hey, Angry Custard, thanks for the awesome guide! Decided to try a CoC build for the first time in Prophecy and I've been using this guide. Level 63 right now and I'm annihilating everything in sight!

As for leveling and good uniques to use, I've found that Ungil's Harmony amulet is pretty amazing for getting crit chance where it needs to be. The unique wands Abberath's Horn and Storm Prison are also amazing to up crit chance. The crit bonus from Abberath's Horn is slightly better than the bonus from the extra power charge from Storm Prison, but Storm Prison also gives a method of generating power charges. Using a Tabula for a chest, and I recently found I was able to swap PCoC for another spell, since the power charge generation from Assassin ascendancy and Storm Prison was enough to be sustainable.

My gear at the moment (ignore gems in the boots and Abberath's Horn):
Spoiler

Last edited by Soulcommando on Jun 10, 2016, 1:50:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info