Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[2.2] Poor Man's guide to big wand CoC - 200K Dps and Atziri on a 5L

yes, there is some truth to that.

I mean I have much fun with my artic breath/fireball (projectile based then:)) coc setup but I did one-shot myself several times already on Reflect Elem. mobs.

Problem is : I took Scion Assassin's and it's really a breeze since I dont need anymore to generate charges through assassin's mark. Even did some probably stupid setup like : Herald of Ice - culling strike - ice bite to have frenzy's charges as well, huhu.

But then, yeah, no life leech since I can't afford 6L for now.

I'm at that right now : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAMEBAcFtQceDdEOSBGWFr8byCBuI_Yk_SaVJ6kqCypbLR8tqDBxMHw2PTfUOkI6WEGWRnFJUUtXS3hMs02SUDBRR1LsVUtVxl3yYeJirGNDbIxtbG-ecFJ3B3tue8N_xoJegwmD24cTidOMC4w2jX2Nv5MnlSCVLptdnKSdqqEvoqOkeKYyqHKomq6zsVuxkLQMtMW31rl8voC-isDjwdXB88LsytPP3dAf0PXUI9tZ217dqN7444TnVOyw7T_v6_DV8Yrxs_KX_94=?accountName=Wedges&characterName=Valentiane

Forget the 3 nodes i took for a jewel south of Scion, I wanted to do as someone in this thread suggested and go on the templar side to get 1 more power charge and some other life nodes.
But then in this build I did'nt went vaal pact. And it seems I will probably suffer from it.

+ I wanted to go Deadeye for more projectile fun...

Last edited by Wedges on Mar 21, 2016, 6:56:52 AM
Having just reached level 43 for this build and done the lab, seeing the scion's ascendancy tree for the first time, I can't help but wonder if this build isn't completely useless now... I mean, normal lab gives you basically 2 passive points one of which is allocated in a stat node already, and cruel lab gives you a weakened version of assassin... If anything, it feels like the game wants to tell me "why didn't you pick shadow, now you gotta wait til cruel before you get anything =p"...

Whining aside, TL;DR, my question is: can someone justify to me why I should pick scion to run this build? It seems to me like you gain nothing but lose out on .5% base crit per power charge and a bunch of other amazing things while the shadow starting location in the passive tree is also more advantageous than the scion's...
Mew~
"
JayEff wrote:
Having just reached level 43 for this build and done the lab, seeing the scion's ascendancy tree for the first time, I can't help but wonder if this build isn't completely useless now... I mean, normal lab gives you basically 2 passive points one of which is allocated in a stat node already, and cruel lab gives you a weakened version of assassin... If anything, it feels like the game wants to tell me "why didn't you pick shadow, now you gotta wait til cruel before you get anything =p"...

Whining aside, TL;DR, my question is: can someone justify to me why I should pick scion to run this build? It seems to me like you gain nothing but lose out on .5% base crit per power charge and a bunch of other amazing things while the shadow starting location in the passive tree is also more advantageous than the scion's...

Actually, scion got the upper hand here compared to going shadow. Look it at it from a different angle: your normal lab walkthrough gives you an easier time meeting stat requirements (take +40 dex from ranger and +20 dex/int from shadows), then when you beat it on cruel (and by that point you can pretty much still be leveling with using a Axiom Perpetuum 3 link with Orb of Storm + Added Lightning Damage + Spark, regardless of your other gear) you get Assasin for the crit bonus and slowly start changing up for the wand(s), then at act 3 merc you get a huge boost with Deadeye and your wand projectiles start to really shine.

Basically, scion ascendancy allows you for versatility you couldn't have with only 1 class ascendancy available, which comes kinda handy in this build (or in a CA MF build for example where you also take the best of both worlds).
"
Palaryel wrote:
"
JayEff wrote:

Actually, scion got the upper hand here compared to going shadow. Look it at it from a different angle: your normal lab walkthrough gives you an easier time meeting stat requirements (take +40 dex from ranger and +20 dex/int from shadows), then when you beat it on cruel (and by that point you can pretty much still be leveling with using a Axiom Perpetuum 3 link with Orb of Storm + Added Lightning Damage + Spark, regardless of your other gear) you get Assasin for the crit bonus and slowly start changing up for the wand(s), then at act 3 merc you get a huge boost with Deadeye and your wand projectiles start to really shine.

Basically, scion ascendancy allows you for versatility you couldn't have with only 1 class ascendancy available, which comes kinda handy in this build (or in a CA MF build for example where you also take the best of both worlds).

Alright, I stand corrected - I misunderstood the ascendancy tree. I thought that you need 2 points to reach the passive, and then two points to allocate "Shadow" and then "Assassin", leaving you with another 2 points to spend on other stuff - I thought you did not have enough points to take an ascendancy thing from 2 different classes.

Thank you for clearing that up. I was rather mad, to be honest, cause it seemed like I had wasted a ton of time to make this build only to find that due to a nerf in scion ascendancy it is now bad.
Mew~
How does the perfect wand look like´?

Is it worth getting Adds x Damage to Spells?
Last edited by rectis on Mar 24, 2016, 12:34:06 PM
I have a very similar question: I just alched a great wand - or so I thought, anyways. Here is my 3 wands, 2 of which I've been using, the last one I've just alched:
Spoiler
In use:

New:

I'm using Fireball, Arctic Breath and Ice Spear as my CoC spells, curse manually with a second Barrage/chain and run Heralds of Ice and Thunder.

Now, it seems that my new Wand decreases the average damage of all my spells, regardless of which old wand I replace with the new. However, it does have 2% more base crit which is quite awesome, getting me a 63% crit chance without power charges.

My question is, which combination of wands will actually give me the most damage? The increased proc chance of my new wand, or the higher average spell damage of my old wands? Damage calculation in PoE has always been a bit of an enigma to me, and the CoC build doesn't make it easier ^^

Thank you kindly for your help!
Mew~
How do you feel about double Void Battery in this build?
Noob here, so inevitably, noob question:

What gems should I have socketed in my other slots? I have the 5L chests...what auras linked with what should I have if any? At the moment (lvl 45) I'm barely critting and am having more success Bladefalling my way through...any help appreciated.
"
ArchiMEMEdes wrote:

What gems should I have socketed in my other slots? I have the 5L chests...what auras linked with what should I have if any? At the moment (lvl 45) I'm barely critting and am having more success Bladefalling my way through...any help appreciated.

Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ice - Assassin's Mark - Curse on Hit is a good combo, makes it easy to stack power charges and they give you crit chance; alternatively you can get amulet/ring/boots allowing you to add 1 more curse (I did it with Deodre's Damning). Then you can move Herald of Thunder somewhere else and use Poacher's Mark too for frenzy charges.

Cast when damage taken (leave at lvl 1 so that it procs when you lose 500hp rather than 3k) - immortal call (leave at lvl 1 so that it can be procced by CWDT) - increase duration (max it as support gems are not limited by CWDT proc req)

As far as CoC not giving you enough procs - you need crit chance. Make sure you have diamond rings, global crit chance on amulet AND, most importantly, critical hit chance on wands (NOT Spell critical chance, just critical chance - that's what makes your Barrage crit as Barrage isn't a spell but an attack). Make sure you pick up as many crit chance nodes you can on the skill tree too. High quality CoC gem helps a ton too. Level of CoC does matter as well.

Once you arrive at 40+ % critchance with Barrage (you can check this by pressing C and looking at Barrage spell) without power charges you should be fine clearing stuff up to Act 4 of Merciless. Then you should try buying more crit items, maybe Tabula Rasa too for 1 more spell you can proc.

I'm sitting on 55% crit chance right now, I instakill pretty much everything, including t5-t6 map bosses. Once you do Labirtynth on normal/cruel you also get a nice dps boost from assassin crit nodes.

Ah, do not use Blood Rage unless you have a good source of hp regen on gear; it slowly kills you.
Last edited by Mikefield on Mar 31, 2016, 6:10:53 PM
"
Mikefield wrote:
"
ArchiMEMEdes wrote:

Herald of Thunder - Herald of Ice - Assassin's Mark - Curse on Hit is a good combo, makes it easy to stack power charges and they give you crit chance; alternatively you can get amulet/ring/boots allowing you to add 1 more curse (I did it with Deodre's Damning). Then you can move Herald of Thunder somewhere else and use Poacher's Mark too for frenzy charges.

Cast when damage taken (leave at lvl 1 so that it procs when you lose 500hp rather than 3k) - immortal call (leave at lvl 1 so that it can be procced by CWDT) - increase duration (max it as support gems are not limited by CWDT proc req)

As far as CoC not giving you enough procs - you need crit chance. Make sure you have diamond rings, global crit chance on amulet AND, most importantly, critical hit chance on wands (NOT Spell critical chance, just critical chance - that's what makes your Barrage crit as Barrage isn't a spell but an attack). Make sure you pick up as many crit chance nodes you can on the skill tree too. High quality CoC gem helps a ton too. Level of CoC does matter as well.

Once you arrive at 40+ % critchance with Barrage (you can check this by pressing C and looking at Barrage spell) without power charges you should be fine clearing stuff up to Act 4 of Merciless. Then you should try buying more crit items, maybe Tabula Rasa too for 1 more spell you can proc.

I'm sitting on 55% crit chance right now, I instakill pretty much everything, including t5-t6 map bosses. Once you do Labirtynth on normal/cruel you also get a nice dps boost from assassin crit nodes.

Ah, do not use Blood Rage unless you have a good source of hp regen on gear; it slowly kills you.

Thanks for the reply, covers everything perfectly! I'll make sure to adjust my gear and slots accordingly. I'm having tons of fun with this build, just haven't been able to enjoy it fully quite yet...but it's still early days I guess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info