Enough of the Corrupted Blood already

Well, Corrupted Blood nemesis rare monsters should probably have the blood orbs circling around them at all times, so that their affix can be seen more easily.
"
Well, Corrupted Blood nemesis rare monsters should probably have the blood orbs circling around them at all times, so that their affix can be seen more easily.

Yea, +1 good suggestion.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Coffee should help with reaction times
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Radjehuty wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Just to play the devil's advocate then you have the answer to everything is "do less dps" or "get more leech."

Which inherently isn't that much better anyway because the former means I'm being stopped from being stronger by an random mechanic and the latter we've seen the GGG nerfed to the ground because that was unacceptable.

What? That's exactly the point of this game. Every time you are given another passive point in your tree or a piece of gear you make a choice whether you want to play more offensively or defensively. There's also mechanics in the game that become more risky the more reckless you choose to play depending on your build. Leech was nerfed because it was too easy to get. It's still very possible to get more leech with things like vaal pact etc. What the post is talking about is killing yourself withing half a second from corrupted blood. The only way to do that is to attack extremely fast which requires investing in such amount of speed without regards to defenses.

The bottom line is, if you're not great at reacting fast enough with a staunching flask then you'll have to adapt with other means other than removing it from the game entirely. Random mechanics like this is what keeps you awake from an otherwise already easy game.

Technically corrupted blood doesn't make the game harder or more skilled either if you can answer it by pushing a single button or reading it, not mentioning when nemesis is not on it shows up in a blue moon ;V. So it punished an exact subset of players which can stack the bloods ultra fast that also don't pay attention which is like you said, just "random".

Just saying. I never die to corrupting blood anyway but I find it hard to argue that corrupted blood was a mechanically skillful addition to the game.

This is very true. I was more arguing as a concept. People had their outcry over reflect but in my opinion, it was fairly obvious to see. The issues were off-screen reflects killing you which would be a problem for people that refused to build for it. For corrupted blood this really isn't a problem because CB can't "one-shot" you especially from off-screen. Though maybe I shouldn't under estimate people ~_~
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:

Strongbox survival suggestions: Put out a decoy totem,lay down some traps, drink a quicksilver flask and run like hell,leap/dash/teleport away, summon vaal skele pocket army, be ready to unfreeze/shock/unburn with flasks yourself.

I found the best solution to strongboxes is always having an anti-freeze flask and this little gem:

Even without any investment, 1.8 seconds is enough to click a box and run out of the danger zone. Running through mobs is much better than trying to leap or dash because those sometimes make you get stuck or end up somewhere bad. Also with investment in skill duration it can last over 4 seconds.

Hell for that much you can just use a flask, no need to waste a socket. No investment and you got 6 seconds...
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Technically corrupted blood doesn't make the game harder or more skilled either if you can answer it by pushing a single button or reading it, not mentioning when nemesis is not on it shows up in a blue moon ;V. So it punished an exact subset of players which can stack the bloods ultra fast that also don't pay attention which is like you said, just "random".

I do not agree.
Things that make you pay attention to game make game harder.
Identifying what is going on screen and reacting to it, is skill.

If someone lack that skill and CB is instant for him, he can stack life regen.
bay the way: CB instant death: https://youtu.be/Q45nDn_G1Nw?t=44s
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 16, 2015, 10:05:45 AM
"
y3lw0rC wrote:
"

Yea, +1 good suggestion.

+1 too, at least players would be forewarned kind of like reflect is quite clear now. Pity devs prob won't see this suggestion.

(otherwise like other players CB is fine and makes the game more interesting, need to learn to plan for it and react to it)
I've never been too scared of corrupted blood on my 5.9k life cycloner. If anything I like it on that character because it provides an occasional gasp. I keep these two babies at the corner of my mouth at all times.

HOWEVER!

Playing with this set up without armor, I fired a couple rounds into a crowd, and just fell over dead. Turns out there was a rare in the back just barely off the screen with corrupted blood, and I guess all the pierce and chaining hit him at once. My ranger went from having no bleed stacks to instantly being almost completely obscured by them.

I've never seen a 3k life pool dump that fast before, even from chaos damage. I can understand why some people would be angry, corrupted blood can be ho-hum or extremely punishing depending on your build. 'lol get a bleed flask' is not very good advice...

All I can say is corrupted blood is fairly common when mapping. Either stack a ton of life/es or have some armor to mitigate the physical damage. Otherwise you're in for some hard times come endgame. I've learned full evasion/dodge is lacking.
Last edited by Direki on Oct 17, 2015, 2:03:49 PM
"
Darkkrows wrote:
...bloody balls...

That's the name of my next band!
"
Direki wrote:

Playing with this set up without armor, I fired a couple rounds into a crowd, and just fell over dead. Turns out there was a rare in the back just barely off the screen with corrupted blood, and I guess all the pierce and chaining hit him at once. My ranger went from having no bleed stacks to instantly being almost completely obscured by them.

"Couple of shots". IMO Having 1-2 seconds time to react to CB is enough, and saying you shot a "couple times" very much insinuates you had that much time or even more.

There isn't many mechanics like CB that can be near insta-kill in the game, so watching out for it isn't that hard. Trying to avoid having that Beyond boss spawn right under your feet is a lot harder for me.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Last edited by mynameisonlyforthegods on Oct 18, 2015, 2:49:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info