Enough of the Corrupted Blood already

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
There should be a cap of how fast you can get corrupting blood stacks over xyz seconds.

It's too easy for some builds to instantly die within 1-2 seconds because you hit like 8+ stacks ultra fast.

Or reduce the damage and make corrupting blood drain your life and give the %percentage to the enemy.

Sure it caps at 20 stacks doesn't it? I tried to get more in beta as an experiment and never managed to get past 20. Haven't tried again in live though.
Yeah it caps at 20 stacks. It's easy to achieve on a firestormer.
"
ffogell wrote:

I mean its not mandatory to have an antt-curse, freeze and ignite flask but it is for corrupted blood.

Anti bleeding flask is mandatory anyway becasue of snakes and knitting monsters from a4.

And if you want to be safe the end you will want to roll anti curse/freze/shock etc on your flask.

Anti-freeze flask is as mandatory as anti-bleeding flask because of strongboxes.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 14, 2015, 12:53:08 PM
"
TigerSpook wrote:
Corrupted Blood. Or whatever the thing is called, where red balls surround you and your life goes away like mad.

This time, in a 68 map, I lost all 3,000 Life in about 1/2 a second. I couldn't get to my Staunching flask this time it was so fast.

Enough already. Corrupted Blood does WAY too much damage.

GGG, I have some feedback for you: Corrupted Blood is pretty much bullshit. if you want to kill a toon, just proclaim it dead - smite it with a lightning bolt. Checkpoint or town? Easy! Or perhaps you can periodically charge a 10% exp tax. Open a map and "You have been assessed a 10% exp tax". At least be honest about it!

90% of my deaths in this game are for 2 reasons - lag when opening a box, and Corrupted Blood.

It's tiresome and makes we want to not play.

This is a prime example of how the community pushes for faceroll content without realizing it, then later complains the game becomes too easy.

In POE, you have a choice and usually is risk vs reward. You can choose to go balls to the walls damage but there's a risk in doing so. Previously, it was reflect, corrupted blood and the lack of defensive passives invested. People complained about reflect and it was ultimately gutted. The solution for this was having less Critical strike multiplier and more leech but I guess it was still unacceptable.

Now here corrupted blood also has a solution: Staunching flask. If you're dying too fast, chances are you ATTACK too fast and have not enough leech. If you don't have the leech to sustain your attack speed, you will not have the reaction time to hit your flask and be on your way. The solution? Lower your attack speed and/or increase your leech capacity so you have time to flask. Or is this just yet another mechanic you want to remove entirely so you can put nails in the wall with your forehead while you click buttons?

It's really not that hard to come up with a solution to this, and complaining to the devs that this mechanic is "bullshit" does not hold while other players, casual and hardcore alike, have all come up with ways to get through this.
"
Radjehuty wrote:
"
TigerSpook wrote:
Corrupted Blood. Or whatever the thing is called, where red balls surround you and your life goes away like mad.

This time, in a 68 map, I lost all 3,000 Life in about 1/2 a second. I couldn't get to my Staunching flask this time it was so fast.

Enough already. Corrupted Blood does WAY too much damage.

GGG, I have some feedback for you: Corrupted Blood is pretty much bullshit. if you want to kill a toon, just proclaim it dead - smite it with a lightning bolt. Checkpoint or town? Easy! Or perhaps you can periodically charge a 10% exp tax. Open a map and "You have been assessed a 10% exp tax". At least be honest about it!

90% of my deaths in this game are for 2 reasons - lag when opening a box, and Corrupted Blood.

It's tiresome and makes we want to not play.

This is a prime example of how the community pushes for faceroll content without realizing it, then later complains the game becomes too easy.

In POE, you have a choice and usually is risk vs reward. You can choose to go balls to the walls damage but there's a risk in doing so. Previously, it was reflect, corrupted blood and the lack of defensive passives invested. People complained about reflect and it was ultimately gutted. The solution for this was having less Critical strike multiplier and more leech but I guess it was still unacceptable.

Now here corrupted blood also has a solution: Staunching flask. If you're dying too fast, chances are you ATTACK too fast and have not enough leech. If you don't have the leech to sustain your attack speed, you will not have the reaction time to hit your flask and be on your way. The solution? Lower your attack speed and/or increase your leech capacity so you have time to flask. Or is this just yet another mechanic you want to remove entirely so you can put nails in the wall with your forehead while you click buttons?

It's really not that hard to come up with a solution to this, and complaining to the devs that this mechanic is "bullshit" does not hold while other players, casual and hardcore alike, have all come up with ways to get through this.

Just to play the devil's advocate then you have the answer to everything is "do less dps" or "get more leech."

Which inherently isn't that much better anyway because the former means I'm being stopped from being stronger by an random mechanic and the latter we've seen the GGG nerfed to the ground because that was unacceptable.
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Just to play the devil's advocate then you have the answer to everything is "do less dps" or "get more leech."

Which inherently isn't that much better anyway because the former means I'm being stopped from being stronger by an random mechanic and the latter we've seen the GGG nerfed to the ground because that was unacceptable.

What? That's exactly the point of this game. Every time you are given another passive point in your tree or a piece of gear you make a choice whether you want to play more offensively or defensively. There's also mechanics in the game that become more risky the more reckless you choose to play depending on your build. Leech was nerfed because it was too easy to get. It's still very possible to get more leech with things like vaal pact etc. What the post is talking about is killing yourself withing half a second from corrupted blood. The only way to do that is to attack extremely fast which requires investing in such amount of speed without regards to defenses.

The bottom line is, if you're not great at reacting fast enough with a staunching flask then you'll have to adapt with other means other than removing it from the game entirely. Random mechanics like this is what keeps you awake from an otherwise already easy game.
"
Radjehuty wrote:
The bottom line is, if you're not great at reacting fast enough with a staunching flask then you'll have to adapt with other means other than removing it from the game entirely. Random mechanics like this is what keeps you awake from an otherwise already easy game.
I think the main problem is the corruption blood is very difficult to see when u have 5 other players chaining full animation effects skill like discharge, incinerate, summons etc. sometimes it might takes longer than 0.5sec to see the blood balls through all those effects. Those blood balls are not shining or sparking, it is difficult to spot at certain situations.
"
Darkkrows wrote:
"
Radjehuty wrote:
I think the main problem is the corruption blood is very difficult to see when u have 5 other players chaining full animation effects skill like discharge, incinerate, summons etc. sometimes it might takes longer than 0.5sec to see the blood balls through all those effects. Those blood balls are not shining or sparking, it is difficult to spot at certain situations.

While i don't disagree with you that in a party setting buffs and debuffs could be represented more visually, you should already now before getting corrupted blood stacks that you are going to get them.

Simply put, a bleeding stack can only occur if a player takes an action.

1) killing a corrupted bloodlines blue pack
2) killing a nemesis corrupted blood rare

Both of these indicate the player actively clicked (and in theory should have read the modifiers on it) on the unit to destroy it.

People only die to this because they are either to fast or not paying attention, both are player error's and punished as a result.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Radjehuty wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

What? That's exactly the point of this game. Every time you are given another passive point in your tree or a piece of gear you make a choice whether you want to play more offensively or defensively. There's also mechanics in the game that become more risky the more reckless you choose to play depending on your build. Leech was nerfed because it was too easy to get. It's still very possible to get more leech with things like vaal pact etc. What the post is talking about is killing yourself withing half a second from corrupted blood. The only way to do that is to attack extremely fast which requires investing in such amount of speed without regards to defenses.

Technically corrupted blood doesn't make the game harder or more skilled either if you can answer it by pushing a single button or reading it, not mentioning when nemesis is not on it shows up in a blue moon ;V. So it punished an exact subset of players which can stack the bloods ultra fast that also don't pay attention which is like you said, just "random".

Just saying. I never die to corrupting blood anyway but I find it hard to argue that corrupted blood was a mechanically skillful addition to the game.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 14, 2015, 11:57:32 PM
Armour reduces physical damage. Corrupting blood is physical damage. A granite flask can help you react to it.

You know you're paranoid when you have like 20 of these flasks lying around on several characters.
Unique Map Making~

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1174961

I like music. Do you like music? Cause I sure as hell like a lot of random music.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info